Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is there anygame like neocron? I want to play!

Trigger101Trigger101 Member Posts: 2

Hey, I played Neocron a long time ago and I ABOUSLTY loved it.  I hear that Neocron 2 is out, but alot of people seem to be angry toward Neocron 1/2....?

Anyways, is there any MMORPGs like Neocron? (not Planetside that game blows.)

Maybe I will come back to Neocron.... I dont know though I have a great memory for knowing where everything is/what to do kind of thing.

Comments

• SyncErrorSyncError Member Posts: 2

The real answer is no.

However the two games that are most often associated with Neocron are Planetside and Face of Mankind. Planetside is basically a poor attempt to recreate Neocron's Wasteland PvP while Face of Mankind is similiar to the futuristic city concept, and contains factions and PvP 'similiar' to Neocron.

• Andy_FrenchAndy_French Member Posts: 6

I'm totally with ya man! I've played many many MMORPGS since, but I just can't shake that Neocron bug...

Face of Mankind perhaps... but I beta'd it for awhile and it's not nearly as open (no vehicles and wide natural terrain) and has alot of work to be done before it's a viable game i'd say.

In the mean time, i'll keep on truckin with an all access pass and keep an eye on the Neocron forums, who knows... maybe it'll end up being awesome again ;)

• Trigger101Trigger101 Member Posts: 2

Yeah.  You just don't really see any REAL MMORPG FPS out there. Which is disapointing because Neocron was/is an awesome game. 

Whats the deal with Neocron 2 though?   What is it about? Cant find any info.

• grimbojgrimboj Member Posts: 2,102

Im playing planetside atm but its nothing like neocron - jus a bit of light fps. Problem with planetside and fom is that they try to mimic the command structure of the military which results in a load of jumped up 14 year olds lobbing phrases like "omg u retards do wot i say". Neocron is a total shame - such an immersive world and a good idea but theres jus a missing depth to the game that i hope they fill in one day, in the meantime - fom & planetside are nothing like neocron unless all neocron was to you was just another mmofps.

--
    Note: PlayNC will refuse to allow you access to your account if you forget your password and can't provide a scanned image of the product key for the first product you purchased..... LOL

• eprodigyeprodigy Member Posts: 25

most of these people quit ages ago and don't exactly have up to date information. saying neocron is carebear is the dumbest thing i've heard yet. for instance adding a new server with no safe zones and more pvp reward and faster leveling. population is a valid concern but its growing. daily there is over 600 people playing.

• freebassxfreebassx Member Posts: 34

Originally posted by eprodigy
    most of these people quit ages ago and don't exactly have up to date information. saying neocron is carebear is the dumbest thing i've heard yet. for instance adding a new server with no safe zones and more pvp reward and faster leveling. population is a valid concern but its growing. daily there is over 600 people playing.

And people like yourself are still wet behind the ears (You joined July of 2004), who is completely clueless to what the old time vets and beta players went through with KK and the folies of this game. Wow.. you played NC1 for a whole 3.. 4 maybe 5 months before they went to NC2. So impressive that you can really comment on the state of the game and the transitions between NC1 -> NC2 compared to the vets.. And trust me, most of the names that post on here, I know from back in the early NC1 days years ago. Like myself and them, we all had valid complaints.. tried to work and to be patient with KK.. Hell, even some went as far to provide free coding services to help the game.. and KK wasn't interested.

You know crap about the history of the expansion pack fiasco (now known as NC2). NC2 was supposed to be provided for FREE (MJS said this himself), and had numerous release dates set for it. But there was constant delays and missed datest.. then all of a sudden.. They're not offering it for FREE anymore.. Why?? No straight answer was given, just a bunch of excuses. On the number of occasiosn when they delayed and after they said it wasn't happening, caused HUGE revolts in the community. I remember the forums mods were trying to lock threads and ban accounts as fast as they could, but the revolt was bigger than they could handle. Eventually MJS had to post himself trying to calm the community, and begged us players to blame him since all the GMs / Admins were taking huge flack for it. Literally, I watched in the coming weeks after the populations take a huge nose dive, even Pluto became a ghost town for quite awhile.

The only assumption that some of us could come to, since no honest answer was given why, they wanted to attempt to relaunch NC2 as a whole new game to the market to attract new people to it.. unfortunately it failed in its attempts. The game has gotten bad press, bad reviews and yes, bad comments about it.

Now granted, you are correct on saying "NC is a carebear game is the dumbest thing", cause in my MMORPG experience.. NC is still a hardcore PvP games, hands down. Most of us players played the game due to 2 factors.. 1) Not some copy-cat fantasy-based MMORPG like 75% of the industry is and 2) Its PvP-FPS. But, it still stands.. the game itself is still littered with bugs, even bugs that pre-date yourself. FRE and Sync-error bugs have been around for around 2 - 3 years now, and still it has never been FIXED. KK comes up with excueses or blames the players machine, which is BS.. its their crappy code that is developed with 2 - 3 fulltime devs, and a bunch of part-time out-of-school coders looking for work. The game started to suffer when Retro-Booster left the KK dev team, and Retro pre-dates your NC experiences but for the old-timers they know who I'm taling about.

Having neptune may give NC a small injection of new players and some returning vets.. but the numbers will never be what they used to (500 - 600 on Pluto during primetime). 600 players that you mention, are all 4 servers combined, and not Terra itself. And trust me, I restarted my account (a couple of months ago) to check on the situation of the game, and at most, I think once I saw Terra break 200. I still know 2 people from my old clan who still play the game, and they can vouch for what I've said in this post.

And you know what was the most obvious thing that stood out when I logged in... FRE and Sync-Errors were still there.

• freebassxfreebassx Member Posts: 34

Originally posted by Trigger101
    Hey, I played Neocron a long time ago and I ABOUSLTY loved it. I hear that Neocron 2 is out, but alot of people seem to be angry toward Neocron 1/2....?
    Anyways, is there any MMORPGs like Neocron? (not Planetside that game blows.)
    Maybe I will come back to Neocron.... I dont know though I have a great memory for knowing where everything is/what to do kind of thing.

If you have that NC bug itching away at you.. either reactivate your account and check it out so you can make the decision yourself. Or sign up for a 10 day free account under another name, and give it try.. again to make your own judgement.

NC2 is still NC1 but with DoY city, the factions have been split between the cities, TH is the P1, WoC (Wisdom of Ceres), Hacknet, ect ect ect. As I said in the last paragraph.. reactivate or snag a trial account and try it yourself to make the judegement.

As many have said, still to this date there is no replacement for NC at all, and trust me, I have tried a lot of online games trying to find a substitute and it doesn't exist.

Planetside was annoying due to the nature of the game and its dynamics. I just couldn't get into playing some kind of military personnel. Also, it felt like playing Tribes 2 again, which don't get me wrong, Tribes was great. But, why pay for a Tribes like clone when I can play it for free.. My other BEEF, is that its a SoE game *shrug*.

FoMK is aiming to be that futuristic FPS MMORPG, but it has a ways to go till I would ever consider it. And I did beta on and off for many months. And again, FoMK isn't aiming to be the NC killer that so many think or thought it was going to be.

Auto Assualt (still in beta), I thought maybe could be a valid NC replacement, and though even better than FoMK IMO still its not the NC replacement.

Dawn of Twilight.. we'll have to wait and see, since information is sparse on it.

• StanLee2StanLee2 Member Posts: 51
    Or you can wait for CONFLICT:Omega to come out which will pwn NC in its sleep.
  • eprodigyeprodigy Member Posts: 25

ive played since the very end of beta3 went go through those things as well. dont tell me what i dont 'know crap' about.

actually i wasnt playing during most of retroboosters time in NC, but i worked with him on the project he left to neocron to do, and he turned me on to neocron before that.

• TostinoTostino Member Posts: 6

Well KK have been doing a very nice job at fixing bugs in the last few patches. It still needs alot more loving, but they have one programer who is working on fixing bugs 24/7. They are also doing the engine upgrade for better vegetation and weapon models. And if you need any help, just PM me on the forums or DM me in game (Tostino, Tosti, Neith, Jynui).
    If we had all these people saying "I want to come back, but I don't want to re-activate untill I know what the game is like" just fucking re-activate and start playing again we could have some good OP wars going again. But atm we have alot of people playing on Neptune so that leaves Terra with mostly anti city clans with no one to fight... So come back and go pro!!

• AveImperatorAveImperator Member Posts: 10

Originally posted by Tostino
    Well KK have been doing a very nice job at fixing bugs in the last few patches. It still needs alot more loving, but they have one programer who is working on fixing bugs 24/7. They are also doing the engine upgrade for better vegetation and weapon models!

1 Compare NC's patchnotes to any other mmog to see how much is being done

2 ive heard the line about free upgrades before.

• tigris67tigris67 Member UncommonPosts: 1,762

Endless Ages... Released 2003, FPS MMORPG in ALL its elements. Quests, items, skill/twitch based shooting. Guns, Tons of veicles/jetpacks/races/weapons/armor/mountable animals/Shapeshifting into animals. and its free(well its free unless you want to leave the giant island you start in which kinda sucks =(. but i am enjoying it

Hi! My name is paper. Nerf scissors, rock is fine.
    MMORPG = Mostly Men Online Roleplaying Girls
    http://www.MichaelLuckhardt.com

• guy232guy232 Member UncommonPosts: 350

My favorite fps/mmorpg is world war II online. youcan control every vehicle and the devs made additions and updates with a speed ive never seen. Though I mustadmit there no real mmo out there like neocron that will let you jump on the back of a jeep or tank and blast warbots. Endlessages was ok but too many buggs to speak of.

It..Burns..

• FryyFryy Member Posts: 1

I played Neocron in the Beta and a few months after it was released, but stopped once they started to overnerfing classes and changing the game how I liked it (just like SWG did with the Combat Upgrade/etc, as comparison) and bought it and making way too many false promises (like the "free" expansion pack that was supposed to come out a few months after the Neocron release).

Originally posted by tigris67
    Endless Ages... Released 2003, FPS MMORPG in ALL its elements. Quests, items, skill/twitch based shooting. Guns, Tons of veicles/jetpacks/races/weapons/armor/mountable animals/Shapeshifting into animals. and its free(well its free unless you want to leave the giant island you start in which kinda sucks =(. but i am enjoying it

Yeah, it's quite a nice game, I never got around buying it though, the only thing I didn't like was the terribly buggy and hard to use interface. Does it have many players or is it another empty game?

• There are things about this game that others haven't ever been able to capture. One of the big things for me was the urban environment and post-apocalyptic setting. I stopped playing before NC2 came out, so all my experiences have nothing to do with the DOY.

The best feeling for me was not being part of any team, not having alliances of any kind, and going alone most of the time. It was always a rush being in Pepper Park and knowing that opposing factions were in the area...somewhere, and that turning down the wrong alley without a copbot around could lead to a whole world of trouble. I think the Outzone (did I remember the name correctly?) was always a big rush for me because the conflicts were always small scale. It was an abandoned wasteland with no hope of guards being around and you never knew who would pass through. It was my favorite place to be, sneaking and hiding from teams of people, encountering someone and not knowing exactly how to react, or just flat out getting the drop on someone.

I've also never found a game in this style that offers the rush of melee combat in quite the same way. Even though melee was terribly ineffective in PvP sometimes, the way you could build a melee Tank meant you could perform some pretty exciting feats of athletics, and take a pounding before going down. There is nothing that can compare to the times I spent leaping from rooftop to rooftop (errr, ledge to balcony?) in Pepper Park before dropping down to engage someone in an area away from guards. I've never felt so much like a psychotic killer before, and I don't know that I'll ever get that kind of rush again in these games.

I don't really want to be part of a big army in a massive assault (even though that sort of thing happened...sort of, in this game). I want to be a shiftless renegade living in the nastiest part of town constantly playing cat and mouse with large gangs or police forces.
  • AshkentAshkent Member Posts: 772

if you're looking for the gritty futuristic style of game, Anarchy Online.

If you mean a FPS mmo, not really sure beyond Planetside and that game sucks pretty bad. 

• TryggviTryggvi Member Posts: 83

I am going to recommend mmolands.com "Endless Ages" too. It's a really good MMOFPS/RPG. It might not be the newest graphics but it's definetly within the Tribes 2 region. It also plays like a Tribes 2 MMO. It's cool...4 races(really 3) Human Male(Tribes 2 type), Human Female(Amazon women), Frog (A ton of people are frogs), and these golem looking things(also reminscent of Tribes 2 Super Heavy armor.) A very good game indeed. All the controls can be remapped, settings can be tweaked, any resolution, 16 or 32 bit colors, sound changed of course, and loads of different armors and weapons. Skill based. It's also free...but when I get the money I'll pay for a year. If this all hasn't made you wanna play...maybe you shouldn't be looking for and MMOFPS/RPG

• ToastieToastie Member Posts: 3

I'm bumping this post because it is still relevant. There are a lot of neocrack addicts that don't want to deal with the payment methods, and quite frankly it would be nice to see a US based server (for myself) with a game similar to neocron.

• oby1skyoby1sky Member Posts: 40

Hi all
    I see im not alone.
    I have played 4 years neocron from beta to neocron 2 unfortunatly after all this time i can say that i cant enjoy anymore this game, also if it is the best mmorpg i have ever played.
    Well probably for the probelms you read first of this topic i have stopped to play.
    I loved neocron 1.
    I cryed for everything i lost moving from nc2 to nc1
    I hated this game whene i started to play nc2 ( i was dreaming it before starting to play) and i saw 2 big problems : the fact that there was only 1 big clan against all the pro city that werent able to fight it , and that not being able to fight was letting this game be anymore like in the past.
    Fighting wasnt anymore as before and my clan as many other closed.
    I decided to let my lovely Danoiser not moving from the Best faction ever done in this game " THE CRAHN SECT" to others just to be able to live pvp.
    Unfortunatly vpv is the only reaon why i played this game so much.
    I just writed other post in the general forum trying to find something close to neocron and what i saw is that if you love the pvp of neocron your only solution is to wait for DARKFALL if instead you love the futuristic way to play dont waste your time with rf...isnt so beautiful like Neocron; you could try Eve but is hard to start..( i closed my accont after 2 weeks)
    Neocron will be for many time the Best sci fi MMOrpg fps ever done.
    I just hope to see something close to it realy soon
    May the Crahn help you all to live a mmorpg as i did with Neocron.

• ToastieToastie Member Posts: 3

Good point, I have thought about that more than once since I threw out the CD in frustration. I actually liked the music and it can be found here: http://www.neocronnetwork.de/files/soundtrack/

• nikoliathnikoliath Member UncommonPosts: 1,154
    Ahh I remeber my Neocron days with a warm heart, and my heart in my mouth image . There was something very special about NC, and I cant quite put my finger on it... will anything ever come close?
  • BeanchillaBeanchilla Member Posts: 260

Fallen Earth and Twilight War look like they could be the next NC game, only done right hopefully

Just another handsome boy graduate...