Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Help, new school sucks. I miss classic graphics. Also need roleplayers

glordglord Member UncommonPosts: 338
So by the looks of things UO roleplay is dead. I'm looking for my old school feel fix, something I haven't tried along Helbreath or Ragnarok lines. I'm open to some old school 2d game in the likeness of final fantasy. Even a MUD with an easy to know UI would be a relief. 

Comments

• SomethingUnusualSomethingUnusual Member UncommonPosts: 546
    Gemstone? A good MUD series, lots of roleplayers and a classic D&D feel.

http://www.play.net/gs4/
  • DJcarlo23DJcarlo23 Member UncommonPosts: 4
    Linkrealms can be good for you. This is something like ultima online but with some great ideas in it. Game is in closed beta but you can get key on forum. 
  • PottedPlant22PottedPlant22 Member RarePosts: 800
    Project Gorgon
  • KenFisherKenFisher Member UncommonPosts: 5,035
    Have you looked into Istaria?

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.
  • glordglord Member UncommonPosts: 338
    How do you get a beta key for Linkrealms?

• Gaming.Rocks2Gaming.Rocks2 Member UncommonPosts: 531
    Linkrealms looks nice. How to get in? 
    Gaming Rocks next gen. community for last gen. gamers launching soon. 
  • DJcarlo23DJcarlo23 Member UncommonPosts: 4
    edited August 2015
    http://forums.linkrealms.com/ 

Here is linkrealms forum.

In this topic you can get the key http://forums.linkrealms.com/topic/25/support-linkrealms-and-get-a-beta-key 
    Simple help for developers and you got key.

The closed beta will start on August the 29th, 2015

• caxfourdcaxfourd Member UncommonPosts: 2
    edited August 2015
    yep looks promising.

They even have been greenlight on steam not long ago: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=478280607

I am looking for something UO-like with top down graphic and oldschool-like roleplay atmosphere.

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860
    edited August 2015
    Man! Just checked out Linkrealms and it slapped me in the face at 3:30am! It is so UO I had to register. I hope I can find a key and check out the beta. I have to show my son this, and thanks to whoever found the link. This is why I come and visit this website, because there is something always out there you aren't aware of.
    edit: This is intriguing; The world of Linkrealms is divided into connected areas called “realms”. Each realm aside from public ones (such as NPC towns and dungeons) contains a portion of land which can be claimed by the players (one user = one realm). If a player owns a realm, he can customize it using the Realm Editor. A realm can include a home to store & display one's belongings, a garden for farming and livestock, or both. The Realm Editor comes with a very large library of graphics, covering multiple themes & styles that allow each player to create a truly unique environment.

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• caxfourdcaxfourd Member UncommonPosts: 2
    http://www.mmofront.com/linkrealms-beta-key-giveaway.html#more-34965

here you can get a beta key - still some available
  • renstarensta Member RarePosts: 728
    Looks nice! :)))  hopefully il get a key!

Basically clicking away text windows ruins every MMO, try to have fun instead of rushing things. Without story and lore all there is left is a bunch of mechanics.
    Add Multi-Quote

• Adam1902Adam1902 Member UncommonPosts: 537
    edited August 2015
    You know, Link Realms with a large playerbase (that it will definitely have now it's on Steam) might just be exactly what I've been looking for. I actually already have an account, and have played it very briefly before (years ago I think..? I could be wrong?) but if I remember correctly didn't really give it a chance because I was busy with life / other games can't remember.

If I already have an account am I automatically in closed beta?

EDIT:

[QUOTE]I don't have a key, will I get it?

If you have played Linkrealms before you'll be able to access the Summer Closed Beta without having to verify a Beta Key. If you haven’t, a few hundreds of keys will be sent out to accounts created after the launch of our Steam Greenlight campaign, starting from the oldest ones. [/QUOTE]

A quote from their forums. My account is very most likely old enough. I'll cya all there :D.

_________
    Currently playing: Black Desert Korea (Waiting for EU)

Always hating on instances in MMOs! Open worlds, open PvP, territory control and housing please. More persistence, more fun.

• AsgrimAsgrim Member UncommonPosts: 92
    I tried Link Realms a few years ago and couldn't get into it... I guess I should give it another go.

Shards Online is one to keep an eye on for sure.