Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Heading back to AA for 2.0

JDis25JDis25 Member RarePosts: 1,353

Is anyone planning on checking the game out in the next few weeks when 2.0 hits? I am going to start a new character on Morpheus (fresh start server) and see what's changed. I quit back in March because at that time AA was just embarrassing and definitely not living up to it's full potential. I wonder then if maybe Trion has turned a new leaf since (hopefully) they are done with the initial cash grab action.

In any case it will be a chance for everyone to be on a level playing field, less hacks, more controlled housing restrictions, etc. I am aware that it is still P2W, but I heard grinding obsidian armor and the future promise to ease up on RNG may help with that. I have been playing some Elite:Dangerous to sort of scratch the sandbox itch.. but it's so lonely sometimes and I get sick of playing with NPCs all day.

I am excited for Albion, I think that has potential, but right now there is a lack of "Roleplaying" in games these days. Most MMOs just shuffle you along through dungeons/raids along with everyone else in the same exact manner. The only distinguishing factor is your combat class and maybe a semi-useful craft. So I will play/suffer through the P2W & Trino Hell one more time.

Now Playing: Bless / Summoners War
Looking forward to: Crowfall / Lost Ark / Black Desert Mobile

Comments

• jesteralwaysjesteralways Member RarePosts: 2,560
    edited August 2015
    By easing up RNG i think they meant they will add RNG increase reagents in cash shop like in Korean version. i believe they will add upgrade chance increase reagent and crafting success increase reagent in cash shop. But i could be wrong. Look i love trion, i am a big supporter of their works but knowing the original KR AA version i can tell that this game will never be out of pay2win zone.

Boobs are LIFE, Boobs are LOVE, Boobs are JUSTICE, Boobs are mankind's HOPES and DREAMS. People who complain about boobs have lost their humanity.

• lufiazlufiaz Member UncommonPosts: 122
    Drop that labor system then I'm in. I don't care if it's P2P or P2W, just don't dictate how I play.
  • MaurgrimMaurgrim Member RarePosts: 1,325
    I will never come back, most boring game in history.
  • jesteralwaysjesteralways Member RarePosts: 2,560
    lufiaz said:
    Drop that labor system then I'm in. I don't care if it's P2P or P2W, just don't dictate how I play.
    That will never happen ....

Boobs are LIFE, Boobs are LOVE, Boobs are JUSTICE, Boobs are mankind's HOPES and DREAMS. People who complain about boobs have lost their humanity.

• ErdaErda Member UncommonPosts: 211
    I liked the game but with the labor system.....no thanks.  After I left, I felt very liberated about not having to log on to feed livestock, harvest crops, pay rent, etc.   Now playing ESO at a very relaxed pace.
  • A1D3NA1D3N Member UncommonPosts: 276
    lufiaz said:
    i always though the labor  system was to stop people just botting for materials and so forth, i like labor to be honest, means casual gamers dont get so left far behind by the poeple so have the time to farm 16hours a day.

each to their own though

Currently Playing:
    ...... :(

JDis25 said:

Is anyone planning on checking the game out in the next few weeks when 2.0 hits? 

is there a release date anyway? i cant find it anywhere on there site, and yes im going to give AA another go

Currently Playing:

• danwest58danwest58 Member RarePosts: 2,012
    A1D3N said:
    lufiaz said:
    i always though the labor  system was to stop people just botting for materials and so forth, i like labor to be honest, means casual gamers dont get so left far behind by the poeple so have the time to farm 16hours a day.

each to their own though
    The Labor system was designed to drain people of more money not help the casual player out.  A Casual player can be the best crafter on the server if they know how to network within the game to get what they need when they need it.  Its all about player skill not how much time you play.  
    danwest58 said:
    A1D3N said:
    lufiaz said:

each to their own though
    The Labor system was designed to drain people of more money not help the casual player out.  A Casual player can be the best crafter on the server if they know how to network within the game to get what they need when they need it.  Its all about player skill not how much time you play.  
    but lets be honest, in most cases the more you play the more skilled you get

Currently Playing:

• danwest58danwest58 Member RarePosts: 2,012
    A1D3N said:
    danwest58 said:
    A1D3N said:
    lufiaz said:

each to their own though
    but lets be honest, in most cases the more you play the more skilled you get
    Yes but crafting is not the same as combat, not only that but in todays MMO world there is a ton more information out there so learning what material would work the best for a Rocket Launcher lets say from SWG there would be a calculator for that.   So you can learn that on the fly.  There are other skills for example networking with the right people to get the right material at the right price.  That is not learn through hours and hours of game play, yea you have to live and learn with time however its not a skill you grind its a social skill you either use or you stick your head in the sand.  And no there should be no system that keeps other people from getting better because you cannot play as much as others.  You just have to know your niche and be skilled enough with other players to get what you need.  
  • rawfoxrawfox Member UncommonPosts: 788
    I wish i had more time to play it.
    5 hours a day is not enuff.
    The Pirates are a real threat, Harani very strong as well these days, but ..
    We need that castle and we need to pimp our Galleons more.

For Nuia !!!
  • alakramalakram Member UncommonPosts: 2,301
    For me it was really a blast while it lasted but I'm not sure about returning.

i got to lvl 50 cap then i didnt play again, not realy sure why i didnt play it i cant remember lol

Currently Playing:

• fivorothfivoroth Member UncommonPosts: 3,916
    Archeage is like Wildstar, they need to pay ME to play it.

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

• JDis25JDis25 Member RarePosts: 1,353
    A1D3N said:
    JDis25 said:

Is anyone planning on checking the game out in the next few weeks when 2.0 hits? 

is there a release date anyway? i cant find it anywhere on there site, and yes im going to give AA another go
    It will be in a couple of weeks you can bet. I don't know if I'll stay either, but it's worth I try I feel.

Seems people are still mad about labor? the only thing bad about labor is that you can buy more with real money. By itself, as a system, it's realistic and makes your work worth more in the free market. For instance, I can sell my woodcutting services to someone else, because they won't want to waste their labor on woodcutting... etc etc.
  • JDis25JDis25 Member RarePosts: 1,353

lufiaz said:
    In actuality Archeage doesn't dictate how you play very much at all. It dictates that you pay, that's for sure :D

You can earn gold doing any of the 50+ vocations. You can sell the best fishing rods in bulk, or open a butchery, craft jewelry, make furniture. You can use that gold to build the best ship, or decked out house, gear, potions, etc.
  • toomuch4212toomuch4212 Member UncommonPosts: 82
    They said Mid September after a two day maintenance period, the fresh start servers will go up. I will try it again just to see if anything gets back to even remotely close to what it was in CB/AT. They are desperately trying to change up enough to bring people back, but it seems like even if they do that a lot of vets who stuck with it (even after all the drops due to all the problems it faced with poor decisions etc. etc.) are pissed and going to leave in the process. But fresh start may be decent enough to stick around, at least until they make the same mistakes over again. But hopefully they learn from them. 
  • West_LightzWest_Lightz Member UncommonPosts: 22
    A1D3N said:
    lufiaz said:

each to their own though
    If that's the case it clearly doesn't keep bots away, they were rampant at launch. People can still play 16 hours a day but it just costs them $ as well as the time. Either way it seems weird to think like "just because someone spends more time at X doesnt mean they deserve an advantage/be better than me". That's how literally everything works lol
    well i got back into Archeage, but then... yes there is a but....

i played for about 3 days and enjoyed myself, so i brought patron, the very next day...... the game would not load. looked up loads of fixes and tried them... nothing worked, so i reinstalled and it was fine again. not 10hours later from playing the day before i wake up, go to log on.... and guess what.... it will not load again, looks like i wont be playing this game after all, as this takes the utter p*ss

anyone else has this problem? i went them a very sh*ty email,

surly this cant be my computer?

Currently Playing:

• CandyCaneNJCandyCaneNJ Member UncommonPosts: 187
    Erda said:
    I liked the game but with the labor system.....no thanks.  After I left, I felt very liberated about not having to log on to feed livestock, harvest crops, pay rent, etc.   Now playing ESO at a very relaxed pace.
    Exactly. It started to be a part time job! I quit in the spring of last year and will NOT return as long as Trion is the publisher.
  • CandyCaneNJCandyCaneNJ Member UncommonPosts: 187

A1D3N said:
    lufiaz said:

each to their own though
    Hon, the labor system is in place for Trion to make MONEY. Period. 
  • trisoxtrisox Member UncommonPosts: 51
    what can i say. i just installed it again yesterday. Don't know if i will keep it this way, but so far it is pretty solid i'd say.
  • RivolRivol Member UncommonPosts: 79

AA is in a horrible place right now, I'd be hesitant to return. I certainly wouldn't be paying any money towards subscription or marketplace. The mergers will be a disaster, most people will be transferring to high pop servers like Kyrios or Ollo so the new servers will be ghost towns within months. Everyone expects they will be merged again next year.

Everyone within AA was hoping 2.0 would turn the game around and save it. Now there is a sense of futility and most believe the game is already starting it's death throes. Frustratingly, the more Trion tries to save it the worse the game gets. I strongly recommend reading the AA forums before heading back into the game, I challenge anyone to find a positive post. 

• ThumbtackJThumbtackJ Member UncommonPosts: 669

A1D3N said:
    lufiaz said:

each to their own though
    Hon, the labor system is in place for Trion to make MONEY. Period. 
    I was under the impression that it was XL who designed the game with the labor system in place, and not an addition made by Trion.
  • trisoxtrisox Member UncommonPosts: 51
    edited August 2015
    Rivol said:

AA is in a horrible place right now, I'd be hesitant to return. I certainly wouldn't be paying any money towards subscription or marketplace. The mergers will be a disaster, most people will be transferring to high pop servers like Kyrios or Ollo so the new servers will be ghost towns within months. Everyone expects they will be merged again next year.

Everyone within AA was hoping 2.0 would turn the game around and save it. Now there is a sense of futility and most believe the game is already starting it's death throes. Frustratingly, the more Trion tries to save it the worse the game gets. I strongly recommend reading the AA forums before heading back into the game, I challenge anyone to find a positive post. 

I honestly do not rate a game by the amount of positive posts the forum has (because only those having to complain head to such a place to vent their bad feelings) but by how i can enjoy the game myself. It might die down soon - i don't really care. For what it's worth, it might be enjoyable for at least some time. Are there any alternatives anyways? It's really a choice between the devil and the deep blue sea (no pun intended) at the moment.

So in my experience "heading into the forums before launching the game" is always a bad idea.