Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Game unplayable for me the past week

d_20d_20 Member RarePosts: 1,878
I've really been enjoying FFXIV. It's a good solid pve experience of high quality. But just about a week ago I started having serious lag spikes and disconnects. It seems I'm not alone with this problem.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/247378-Constant-90002-Error

No word on this from SE.

If anyone has a solution or any info about this, I would be happy to know. I'm pretty sad about this because I was having a great time till the lag spikes and disconnects started happening almost constantly to the point where the game is literally unplayable, especially in instances.

Comments

• anthony21690anthony21690 Member UncommonPosts: 119
    I thought this was just me, thank you for alerting me to the problem being widespread, I thought it'd be fixed just from my return to my campus.  I actually just got a disconnect mid-fate.  Here's to hoping they fix this soon.
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Honestly, there's been issues exactly like this or similar to people since 2013 and no one really knows the true cause. SE says its an individual's ISP, and ISPs report that its SE. People have flooded XIV with various reports from both sides for the past couple of years. I get hardcore lag issues usually during prime time pacific (like 5-10 pm ish), then it resolves itself overtime, but always during those times. Sorry for not giving a solution, I just wanted you to be aware that your problem is similar to others even for years now.
  • goboygogoboygo Member RarePosts: 2,141
    Its not totally their fault, for example I have Time Warner Cable, and I have an AT&T Uverse DSL line as well.  MOST of the MMO's I play over my Timer Warner cable modem have regular sever disconnects, once to twice per hour, those same games using my DSL have NONE.  FF was particularly bad on my cable modem.  My house is wired for CAT5e, I dont use wireless.

There are only a couple of MMO's Ive ever played using my Cable connection that dont disconnect regularly.

My gaming friends on cable modem experience similar results, which is why most of us went back to DSL for MMO's.

So basically most MMO's perform poorly over cable modems, add in a wireless cable modem connection and your probably toast.

Just my and my friends experience.
  • ikkenoikkeno Member UncommonPosts: 67
    d_20 said:
    I've really been enjoying FFXIV. It's a good solid pve experience of high quality. But just about a week ago I started having serious lag spikes and disconnects. It seems I'm not alone with this problem.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/247378-Constant-90002-Error

No word on this from SE.

If anyone has a solution or any info about this, I would be happy to know. I'm pretty sad about this because I was having a great time till the lag spikes and disconnects started happening almost constantly to the point where the game is literally unplayable, especially in instances.
    I have tried returning 3 times.. Mostly because i really, really like the game and style of gameplay (with a few exceptions), but the lag is an ABSOLUTE gamekiller for me.. I have tried so many things to fix it but with no luck at all.. Even had static IP and VPN for a little while.. Nothing changes the insane lagspikes that make playing any fun class impossible.

Too bad such a great game is unplayable for so many :(

- Nothing lasts.. but nothing is lost. -

• d_20d_20 Member RarePosts: 1,878
    edited August 2015
    I don't have trouble with the other online games I'm playing, even action combat ones. Last time I played ESO, I did have problems with lag and disconnect in Cyrodiil, but that is pretty widespread among ESO players and ZOS knows about it and has acknowledged it. I don't know how the situation is in ESO at present.

Other than that, still having problems with FFXIV. I will keep trying. Have used the VPN to try to smooth out the lag spikes, but it hasn't worked.

Strange thing is, FFXIV worked fine for me for nearly 3 weeks (including my free trial period). I just started having problems with it just over a week ago. I have no idea why. I hope it returns to the way it was very soon. Otherwise I can't re-sub and I just flushed money for the game purchase (including Heavensward) down the toilet.

Here's hoping. There is maintenance tonight, so fingers are crossed.