Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looks Great! When will it Release in 2015??..

MMOreaverMMOreaver Member UncommonPosts: 75

Looks very promising.. like 60-80/100  right off the bat ;)

When will it Release this year? Is there a date?

I really hope it will be maintained and updated regularly with DLC,etc..

Btw, is there a "Steam" - version planned?

Keep on Dev-Team.. good job so far!!

Comments

• BluddwolfBluddwolf Member UncommonPosts: 355
    Originally posted by MMOreaver

Looks very promising.. like 60-80/100  right off the bat ;)

When will it Release this year? Is there a date?

I really hope it will be maintained and updated regularly with DLC,etc..

Btw, is there a "Steam" - version planned?

Keep on Dev-Team.. good job so far!!

yes to all of your questions, so far as they say.  Steam support is a definite.  They have said that there will be DLC, although how often they were not firm.

Played: E&B, SWG, Eve, WoW, COH, WAR, POTBS, AOC, LOTRO, AUTO.A, AO, FE, TR, WWII, MWO, TSW, SWTOR, GW2, NWO, WoP, RUST, LIF, SOA, MORTAL, DFUW, AA, TF, PFO, ALBO, and many many others....

• MMOreaverMMOreaver Member UncommonPosts: 75
    Thx very much for the info ;)
  • Soki123Soki123 Member RarePosts: 2,558
    Can you play through created dungeons solo if you want? More interested in the co op, but soloing sometimes in nice too?
    Originally posted by Soki123
    Can you play through created dungeons solo if you want? More interested in the co op, but soloing sometimes in nice too?

They have eluded to the ability that we can play content that others have created.  It is not known if you can play, solo, your own created content because then who is the DM?

If you are both the DM and the Players, than it is kind of like playing Chess against yourself.  Part of the whole dynamic is that the players don't know what lies ahead, and the DM can be caught by surpirse by what they players think of doing to get through a problem.  

Your original question is not a bad one, and one I would like to see an answer to myself.

Played: E&B, SWG, Eve, WoW, COH, WAR, POTBS, AOC, LOTRO, AUTO.A, AO, FE, TR, WWII, MWO, TSW, SWTOR, GW2, NWO, WoP, RUST, LIF, SOA, MORTAL, DFUW, AA, TF, PFO, ALBO, and many many others....

• ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092

It's on my wishlist for Steam as well and there it's said to be expected in Q3 2015.

Not sure if I'll buy it from Steam though. If GoG will offer it (DRM free) outside of Steam I'd grab it there. With that, D&D5 rules are holding me back a bit as well to grab it. Big pro for SCL is the 2.5D isometric camera that can be rotated they use. It's a lot better than the camera in Pillars of Eternity, but that game just rocks!

• SojhinSojhin Member UncommonPosts: 226
    Pre ordered this game and have it unlocked in steam; eagerly now awaiting its release so I can play it with friends.
    Probably old news now but the release date is officially announced to be on September 8, 2015.  

• nycdannycdan Member UncommonPosts: 12
    Bluddwolf said:
    Probably old news now but the release date is officially announced to be on September 8, 2015.  

Steam now says Sep 29, 2015
    as far as i read in the last anouncements.. official Release is 29. Sep 2015

but all Pre-Orders can play 1-2weeks earlier ;)
    edited August 2015
    Update:
    https://www.vg247.com/2015/08/22/sword-coast-legends-head-start-pc-mac-linux/

The head start will be offered to Linux, Mac and PC users in three stages depending on which edition of the game was pre-orders. Cross-platform play will be supported, and developers n-Space, Digital Extremes and Wizards of the Coast team members will be mingling with players.

Stage one runs from September 11-13 for members of the Design Council – those that pre-ordered one of the Limited Edition Collector’s or Campaign Collector’s packs.

The second access period will run September 18-20 for all pre-order customers.

These first two sessions will focus on the Dungeon Master modes of Campaign Creation and Dungeon Crawl. The Story Campaign will not be available due to spoilers.

The third and final early access session will run September 24-29 and it contains the same content for all pre-order customers. Design Council members will also be granted to the Story Campaign.

• TheutusTheutus Member UncommonPosts: 636
    nycdan said:
    Bluddwolf said:

Steam now says Sep 29, 2015
    Thank you, oh great necromancer.
  • Snake9009Snake9009 Member UncommonPosts: 11
    MMOreaver said:
    as far as i read in the last anouncements.. official Release is 29. Sep 2015

but all Pre-Orders can play 1-2weeks earlier ;)
    If you are interested in the console version like myself the Playstation store still has the place holder date of 12/31/2016 listed, says it will be available in 494 days lol. As far as playing solo on the Playstation page it is listed as 1 player and 2-5 players online. It also says you can create your own adventures in DM mode to share with your friends or enhance their adventure in real time as they traverse your dungeon so I am assuming it is like Neverwinter's Foundry where you can create modules and upload them for people to play solo or in a group. I hope they made it like the Foundry because I have played some player created dungeons in Neverwinter that were actually better than what the devs put in the game and hopefully those talented players start creating modules for Sword Coast.
  • Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    You can pre-order the game right now: https://swordcoast.com/preorder

$35 for a copy. $150 for a deluxe edition including 4 extra copies and some more options.  You need the collectors edition for early start though.
  • EldrythEldryth Member UncommonPosts: 18
    Loke666 said:
    You can pre-order the game right now: https://swordcoast.com/preorder

$35 for a copy. $150 for a deluxe edition including 4 extra copies and some more options.  You need the collectors edition for early start though.
    Not quite.  There are three early access sessions- only the first one (September 11-13, no story campaign) is fully restricted to Design Council.  The other two run from September 18-20 (also no story campaign) and September 24-launch (story campaign for Design Council only).  However, Design Council is only available for people who buy the $239.99 or $349.99 versions.
  • GrailerGrailer Member UncommonPosts: 893

What I would like is the option to be the dungeon keeper  ( GM )  or the party and the computer plays the GM or Party .

This could be made into Dungeon Keeper 3   with the right mods .

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    Grailer said:

What I would like is the option to be the dungeon keeper  ( GM )  or the party and the computer plays the GM or Party .

This could be made into Dungeon Keeper 3   with the right mods .

Nothing for me, I plan to play this game with my friends but I have to agree it would be a sweet feature for testing my home made campaigns before running them with my friends.

It wont be in the game from the start but one can hope they add it with the first expansion.