Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

When exactly is Wildstar going F2P?

SunnybeachSunnybeach Member CommonPosts: 20

I remember seeing a post about Wildstar going F2P in August 2015, but now I can't find any information about it's true transition date. Even F2P FAQ on Wildstar page is offering no date information.

So ... when exactly is it going to become F2P?

Comments

• blastermasterblastermaster Member UncommonPosts: 259

Don't think anyone knows that. The best we've been told is "this fall".

At least they did'nt say "Soon" ! ;)

• KumaponKumapon Member EpicPosts: 1,556

Wildstar keeps promoting a F2P beta when they really should be making the game F2P now and scheduling the content updates for a month after the F2P transition. People are going to continue to ignore Wildstar until it goes F2P, and if they keep waiting, not even announcing a date for the F2P transition, the hype will die down even further.

• EnikEnik Member UncommonPosts: 99
    Kumapon said:

...the hype will die down even further.

This is very true. They probably think it will build anticipation, but what it'll really do it get Wildstar even further off peoples' radar.
  • SquireXSquireX Member UncommonPosts: 82
    IGN had posted an article back in May claiming Wildstar going FTP in August, but  they probably were just guessing what Fall meant or got confused with Autumn and thought August  =)

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/05/14/wildstar-reportedly-going-free-to-play-in-august
  • observerobserver Member RarePosts: 3,685
    edited August 2015

According to this twitter post.  "Have no fear, we agree. It's in the works for the coming weeks."

Edit:  My bad, that's for closed beta.
  • KrimzinKrimzin Member UncommonPosts: 687
    I really hope it does better once it goes FTP

Just because I'm a gamer doesn't mean I drive a Honda.
    Best Duo Ever

Lets see your Battle Stations /r/battlestations
    Battle Station 
  • GazimoffGazimoff Staff WriterMember UncommonPosts: 225
    WildStar's F2P closed beta has started, with the switch on live servers planned for this fall. My best guess is that it'll happen sometime before the holiday season, but I don't have any further info.

What I do know is that former/lapsed subscribers are going to be invited to try out the closed beta in waves, which should be interesting.
    Player of games, smither of words, former of opinions, and masher of keys. WildStar Columnist
    Currently playing: WildStar, Guild Wars 2, EVE Online, Vain Glory.
  • GazimoffGazimoff Staff WriterMember UncommonPosts: 225
    Torval said:
    I'm just going to keep playing the live servers until it transitions. Depending on what premium/sub offers at that point depends on whether I'll keep it or just buy game cash.
    You can already see what the 'Signature' service will offer on the closed beta server, if you pull up the item shop. Although, that said, you'll have some stuff grandfathered in anyway.
    Player of games, smither of words, former of opinions, and masher of keys. WildStar Columnist
    Currently playing: WildStar, Guild Wars 2, EVE Online, Vain Glory.
  • AlamonzoroAlamonzoro Member UncommonPosts: 120
    not with that slow questing.