Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hope you can help, long story inside:-/

StyxaStyxa Member UncommonPosts: 76
edited August 2015 in LFGame
Hello,
i have been playing video games since childhood and enjoyed playing mmorpgs since i first got my hands on wow.
the first years were a blast, mainly playing war, aion and as i mentioned above, wow.
after that i had manny on off relationships with almost every mmo out there, i played everything i could get mit hands on but couldnt really settle down.
my last mmo i played for a longer time was ff:arr and i dont really know why i quit, but i did it.

and here is my problem, because i really really want to settle down in a main game. So here are some things i want from my game and some i dont care about or hate:-)

what i want:
-first and most important, community and grouping. I miss the days during my wow phase where you would just group up for some 2 hour 
 deathmine runs with random strangers or guild members and sink some time in a game you like with some really cool and nice people

-Item farming, i like to farm, i like to loot and i dont mind some grind. I loved to farm my instances, just to get my shiny sword from the last
 boss that is just a little bit better than mine but looks awesome. Even if it took forever...

-dungeons and raids, i love them, exspecially when they are hard and have good boss mechanics

-battleground pvp, i dont have to explain that, i just like it

-good graphics, minimum wow standarts 

-exploration and beatyfull maps 

i dont like:

-heavy sci-fi settings, wildstar was okay, swtor was too much...

-heavy open pvp, i just dont like to be ganked

-p2w cash shop and early excess 

- boss mechanics without tactics and huge dps sponges that take forever to kill without anything to do than just
  stand there and hit them

-crafting, its just not my cup of tea 

last but not least there should be an european version of the game because i am from germany.

i would mind to try out something beside the big mainstream games and i wouldnt mind Playing something i played before as long as it has improved and fits my needs. I consider myself as something in between casual and hardcore, i can spend quite some time, but only if the game hookes me up.

I would like you to shortly post why you think your recommendation fits my needs and not only post the name of a game and fly away ;-)

hope you can recommend me some cool stuff or maybe even invite my to play something with and alongside you :-)

Comments

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Give Rift a try
  • Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    edited August 2015
    Tough one if you stick to the "2 hour deathmine runs" part, nowadays that's fairly rare (instant action is the buzzword since the iWant generation is in power :awesome: ).

Based on the "dungeons and raids with boss mechanics" I'd say TSW or AoC. Maybe TSW is a better match, it has better community (sorry, fellow cimmerians :wink: ), more reason to explore (though both games have only medium-sized zones compared to older games), but mainly because TSW doesn't have crafting which is not your cup of tea anyways. AoC on the other hand has better and bigger raids, some of them might take pretty long, so that's closer to your 2hours criteria...

edit: sorry, left out the rest of the list
    -item farming: that's the endgame of both, massive gear grind with instance farming on several tiers (sadly, imo, but if you like that, then it will be your game for sure :wink: )
    -battleground pvp: both (I don't pvp in neither one, personally. AoC also have player-built guild cities and combat)
    -open pvp: TSW nope, AoC nope on Crom, the PvE server
    -cash shop: TSW only cosmetics and content, AoC has a bit more, but still far from pw2.
    -Eu version: nope to both, TSW has single-server, AoC has the same just with rulesets (but Crom was the best (go Crom :lol: ) Eu PvE server back in the days, before they merged all the other PvE servers into us, it has lots of Eu folks in CET timezone if you LFG for a dungeon or raid)
  • StyxaStyxa Member UncommonPosts: 76
    Little update on this one, I decided to start playing tsw together with a friend next week, only problem is we can only play together once or twice a week and dont want to play it on our own because we want something we can play entirely together.

Things that are on my mind now are:

-returning to wow, but i think i would be disappointed :-/
    -playing gw2 just for the somewhat cool level and exploration experience, at least that what i was told xD
    -returning to ff:arr
    -try some asian mmorpg with some good grind (aion, tera, etc.)

So, what do you guys think?
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Hard one tbh, you don't want to play WoW all that much, nor by the sound of it, FFXIV;ARR, i think personally one of the asian grinders will be disappointing, though if you do, personally i would recommend Tera over the others, other than that, maybe it really is time to try GW2, its a pretty good game, and is different enough from the others that you might find it more fun to play, which it sounds like, is your current problem.