Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

And I just spent 60 bones...

SomethingUnusualSomethingUnusual Member UncommonPosts: 546
http://www.dlgamer.us/download-the_elder_scrolls_online-pc_games-p-19435.html

/cry

I bought it last week, and then you guys have it on sale... At least I got a pretty box for my shelf.

(PS 10 days left on this sale as of this post, if you were waiting for a discount, time is now.)

Comments

• mgilbrtsnmgilbrtsn Member EpicPosts: 3,430
    Always a risk.   I know I avoid looking at computer prices after I buy one.  Inevitably, I find it on sale or something as good but cheaper.  It always burns.

I self identify as a monkey.

• SomethingUnusualSomethingUnusual Member UncommonPosts: 546
    Indeed... In fact, just happened to me recently... Bought a R9 290x a few months back, only to find a week later the 300 series cards hit the shelves. 
  • MalaboogaMalabooga Member UncommonPosts: 2,977
    edited August 2015
    edited August 2015
    Malabooga said:
    Hey! I dig that sight, it's like Orbitz for video games... Are the resellers/shops listed decently trustworthy?

Edit: I notice the ratings listed... Question still stands though.
  • DeasantDeasant Member UncommonPosts: 198
    edited August 2015
    Malabooga said:
    Hey! I dig that sight, it's like Orbitz for video games... Are the resellers/shops listed decently trustworthy?

There is not a single trustworthy seller on that linked site. Do not follow that link.

You have to be careful. There are only about 5 I'd buy from. The easiest way to know if they are NOT legit is if they sell single player titles that also have a multiplayer component, and on those titles it says the key is "for single player offline use only". It means they are selling pirated software. You should never trust them with your info.

Steam, GOG, Green Man and Gamesrocket are safe. There's another I can't think of at this time.
  • klemmbobklemmbob Member UncommonPosts: 103
    Deasant said:
    Malabooga said:

There is not a single trustworthy seller on that linked site. Do not follow that link.

You have to be careful. There are only about 5 I'd buy from. The easiest way to know if they are NOT legit is if they sell single player titles that also have a multiplayer component, and on those titles it says the key is "for single player offline use only". It means they are selling pirated software. You should never trust them with your info.

Steam, GOG, Green Man and Gamesrocket are safe. There's another I can't think of at this time.
    +1 for green man gaming.  I get a lot of emails from GMG with 25%-50% off vouchers all the time either for specific games or a category of games to pick from.
  • GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342
    Deasant said:
    Malabooga said:

I have bought GW2 from the site for like $10, no issue at all...
    Steam and GOG I've used a lot... Before mergers etc I frequented Direct2Drive a bit as well (IGN I think regained ownership from GameFly?) 
    Thanks for the info, will definitely check out Green Man and Gamesrocket. 
    edited August 2015
    Malabooga said:

i bought truckload, and my friends and never had an issue. Number of referrals and % helps quite a bit. And when you buy regularly for a while, and some sellers persists with 97-98% for couple of years.

Also bought ESO+explorer pack for 10$ and GTC for around 18$ there around new year.
    edited August 2015
    Deasant said:
    Malabooga said:

When a seller has >100 000, hell some even close to 1m sales with 99%+ rating thats as safe as it gets.

Pirated software? rofl

Pirated software is free, doesnt come with a key, invoice and tax statement.
  • fivorothfivoroth Member UncommonPosts: 3,916
    Malabooga said:
    Deasant said:
    Malabooga said:

When a seller has >100 000, hell some even close to 1m sales with 99%+ rating thats as safe as it gets.

Pirated software? rofl

That guy has no idea what he's talking about, those keys are not pirated and they always work. However how the reseller got the key is a completely different matter.

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

fivoroth said:
    Malabooga said:
    Deasant said:
    Malabooga said:

Pirated software? rofl

That guy has no idea what he's talking about, those keys are not pirated and they always work. However how the reseller got the key is a completely different matter.
    Pretty much.

Its interesting thing i noticed, unless game is steam/origin/gog, most of keys i get are scans from physical box.
  • DeasantDeasant Member UncommonPosts: 198
    I stand by what I said. Some of you are even saying you don't care if you're purchasing actual keys that were purchased with stolen credit cards. Everything I said was with the best intention. As for some of the replies, you are part of the problem and morally bankrupt.
  • H0urg1assH0urg1ass Member EpicPosts: 2,380
    Deasant said:
    Malabooga said:

This is spot on.

I have several friends who have purchased from some of these shadier sites just to have their accounts banned for piracy later on.  Personally, I only buy games a couple of times a year; during the bi-annual Steam and GOG sales.  I save tons of money and never once have to wonder if I've done anything that's not legitimate.
  • DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    H0urg1ass said:
    Deasant said:
    Malabooga said:

This is spot on.

I have several friends who have purchased from some of these shadier sites just to have their accounts banned for piracy later on.  Personally, I only buy games a couple of times a year; during the bi-annual Steam and GOG sales.  I save tons of money and never once have to wonder if I've done anything that's not legitimate.
    I've personally sold gift keys myself this way, all were legit, bought through humble bundle, when games are on sale etc... Plenty of people do this, you can make a decent profit when you wait until those sales are over, then undercut the normal asking price. I also bought ESO for my wife and I this way, over a year ago.. no problems...Sure there is a risk involved in making these purchases, I won't contest that, yet to say there's no legit seller is just asinine.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

Distopia said:
    H0urg1ass said:
    Deasant said:
    Malabooga said:

This is spot on.

I've personally sold gift keys myself this way, all were legit, bought through humble bundle, when games are on sale etc... Plenty of people do this, you can make a decent profit when you wait until those sales are over, then undercut the normal asking price. I also bought ESO for my wife and I this way, over a year ago.. no problems...Sure there is a risk involved in making these purchases, I won't contest that, yet to say there's no legit seller is just asinine.
    Neither I, nor the guy I quoted ever said that none of the re-sellers are legit.  Maybe read past the first sentence next time before using your jump-to-conclusions mat.  

What is asinine, however, is buying from any retailer that has multiple complaints for selling illegitimate, pirated keys.  You never know when you'll be the next victim.
  • matcatmatcat Member UncommonPosts: 136
    H0urg1ass said:

H0urg1ass said:
    Deasant said:

This is spot on.

Neither I, nor the guy I quoted ever said that none of the re-sellers are legit.  Maybe read past the first sentence next time before using your jump-to-conclusions mat.  

You might want to read the guy you quoteds first sentence, since you mention first sentences.
    mistafist said:
    H0urg1ass said:

H0urg1ass said:
    Deasant said:

This is spot on.

You might want to read the guy you quoteds first sentence, since you mention first sentences.
    .... and I agree with him.  There's not a single trustworthy re-seller on that site.  That site links sketchy re-seller sites.  I looked at them and they are all shady ass "mayyyybe we're re-selling legitimately purchased keys... mayyyybe we're re-selling keys bought with stolen CC info... take your pick" kind of sites.  Steam, GOG, GMG and others are trustworthy re-sellers.

So what I said stands.
    edited August 2015
    Rhoklaw said:
    Torval said:
    Here's a list of authorized resellers. The site is authorized as a reseller not third parties on the sites. DLGamer is on the list, kinguin is not. Like Rhoklaw and Deasant said, tons of people lost their game accounts with no refund for buying at third party sites. Buy from legit sites unless you don't mind rolling the roulette wheel and pissing away your money.

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/171736/deactivation-of-fraudulently-obtained-esotu-game-keys

And this articles touches specifically on G2A and Kinguin as NOT being authorized resellers.

http://www.kitguru.net/gaming/matthew-wilson/bethesda-is-deactivating-eso-accounts-due-to-fraudulent-keys/
    Who mentiooned authorized resellers.

What Zenimax doesnt want is game being sold at MARKET value. And market value of ESO is 20$ and below, not 60 for which they would want to sell it.

Contrary to your belief games DO obide laws of market. Buying cheap games is buying them at price which are people willing to pay for them. Just like anything else on this planet.

I paid 10$ for ESO and 1$ for WS (well less since there were other games in the bundle). Because, lets face it, pretty much noone wants to buy them for much more. Console boxes for ESO are already hitting bargain bins for half price.
  • mgilbrtsnmgilbrtsn Member EpicPosts: 3,430
    I go with the old saying "if it looks too good to be true....."  ESO + explorer pack for 10.  sounds too good to be true.  something smells fishy.  I have no data or proof or anything of the sort, but I'll stick to the saying.

I self identify as a monkey.

edited August 2015
    Torval said:
    Malabooga said:
    Rhoklaw said:
    Torval said:
    Here's a list of authorized resellers. The site is authorized as a reseller not third parties on the sites. DLGamer is on the list, kinguin is not. Like Rhoklaw and Deasant said, tons of people lost their game accounts with no refund for buying at third party sites. Buy from legit sites unless you don't mind rolling the roulette wheel and pissing away your money.

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/171736/deactivation-of-fraudulently-obtained-esotu-game-keys

And this articles touches specifically on G2A and Kinguin as NOT being authorized resellers.

http://www.kitguru.net/gaming/matthew-wilson/bethesda-is-deactivating-eso-accounts-due-to-fraudulent-keys/
    Who mentiooned authorized resellers.

What Zenimax doesnt want is game being sold at MARKET value. And market value of ESO is 20$ and below, not 60 for which they would want to sell it.

Contrary to your belief games DO obide laws of market. Buying cheap games is buying them at price which are people willing to pay for them. Just like anything else on this planet.

I paid 10$ for ESO and 1$ for WS (well less since there were other games in the bundle). Because, lets face it, pretty much noone wants to buy them for much more. Console boxes for ESO are already hitting bargain bins for half price.
    No, that's not true at all. What Zenimax want is authorized outlets selling legitimate keys to players with legitimate payment options. What they don't want are people selling legit keys purchased with credit cards that do chargebacks after the fact or from fraudulent credit cards where vendor will do a chargeback. That's why they say buy from a legit source because you know those keys are first generation. It's not really that convoluted and they don't care what those legit sources sell at as long as ZO gets their agreed upon fee for the key. This is true for any software company that sells keys through authorized retailers.
    Theft will always happen, just as botting, hacking and cheating. Its large minority of what happens. Its like saying you wont go to local sotres because "there might be some stolen goods there because one shop sold one item that turned out to be stolen".

Or that ZOS should punish ALL players playing the game if they catch someone botting, hacking or cheating. They should just ban ALL accounts, because, everyone is potential botter/cheater/hacker/gold sellser or w/e. amiright?

They DO dictate prices to "authorized resellers". Thats why they are "authorized resellers", they have to listen to whatever zenimax tells them. Or they wont be "authorized resellers" any more. And they have to buy keys for whatever Zenimax wants to sell them for. Which was (is) very expencive for very long.

Becuase guess what - "authorized reseller" can go to Walmart <or insert whatever chain you want>, pick up game for 5-10$ and sell them online for 10-20$ or sell RU versions which are half the price (REGULAR price) of western versions or sell keys you picked up on steam sale for that price all year long.

Authorized digital reseller also doesnt have storage full of unsold boxes that they cant sell. Storage costs. A LOT.
    Post edited by Malabooga on
    edited August 2015
    mgilbrtsn said:
    I go with the old saying "if it looks too good to be true....."  ESO + explorer pack for 10.  sounds too good to be true.  something smells fishy.  I have no data or proof or anything of the sort, but I'll stick to the saying.
    Physical box keys. Try to "pirate" that.

You can go and stand in a corner for a while now.

Ill just stick to saying: market sets the price.

Companies trying to control the market wont succeed.
    Post edited by Malabooga on
  • sayuusayuu Member RarePosts: 766
    Deasant said:
    I stand by what I said. Some of you are even saying you don't care if you're purchasing actual keys that were purchased with stolen credit cards. Everything I said was with the best intention. As for some of the replies, you are part of the problem and morally bankrupt.
    And odds are the electronic device you used to type that was made in the sweatshops of China. . .

Deasant said:
    And EU had to pass laws to battle crap these companies tried to do to their customers to protect the customers.

Laws that make TOSes null and void, laws that have to say the obvious: if you buy something its yours and they cant just take it back whenever they feel like it and that you can do with YOUR stuff whatever you want. Even sell it IF you want.
    edited August 2015
    sayuu said:
    Deasant said:
    And odds are the electronic device you used to type that was made in the sweatshops of China. . .

Just electronic device? Hell most of what he owns comes from china sweat shops.

But yeah, few stolen game keys that appeared are the REAL issue.
This discussion has been closed.