Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Will Archeage population ever recover now, that bots, gold sellers and most of hackers are gone?

Comments

• NoxcardNoxcard Member UncommonPosts: 30
    edited August 2015
    "Interestingly enough the mmos that have the biggest issues with bots and hackers are mostly Asian mmos. Obviously there are non Asian mmos which have bot issues but not to a game breaking extent like in Aion and archeage."

It is not interesting it makes perfect since, the games we get from asia are never as up to date as their version. When programers make bots for patch X in Korea and they fix the problem thats cool, but then we get an old version which means Korean farmer just uses a bot that was made a year ago and it works with no problems. This is why Archeage failed from start it was released as it was Day 1 almost in Korea, and the game was known to have a huge problem with hacking and boting because the games fundamental design relied to heavily on trusting the Users PC, hence was packet injection works so well in Archeage but not other mmorpgs. Other mmorpgs put more restriction on the data received from the User, and rely more heavily on the server doing the processing. 

"because trion stupid decision of game and to cut part of gameplay out, also holding back content after launch to force a longer life time(with failed) did not help."

You really are ignorant about this matter, please research something before speaking. Trion had little to no control over most business decisions regarding Archeage, this was all made by XL games. XL didnt say heres our game do what you want with it, it was here is our game you publish it in America but we will hold all power when it comes to decisions.

I highly enjoyed playing Archeage at launch, and I think it was one of the best games I have played in a long time. I was sad to see another great game ran by such a greedy company. They released in Russia before the U.S. and had the same problems with hacking/bots and instead of fixing the problems before the U.S. release they released it the same way. 

As for the comment that spoke about boting etc. being fixed, its not. When Archeage opened it was like a field day for anyone who could simply download a .exe and run it to bot. There was no real punishment system that effectively removed boting/hackers from the game so it was easy to be like this game is flooded. That being said there are still people and lots of people boting etc. in Archeage now trust me the difference is there not teleport hacking in front of your face. 

The first game that will be released that has a chance to prevent most hacking/boting based off developers information only is Crowfall. Why? Because Crowfall is forcing the server to do more work then other mmorpgs servers by having the server keep the Users client in check at all times. A example of Crowfalls server at work is when a person hacks no clip on their client this information is sent to the server, and most servers will accept this info (injecting), but the server with Crowfall is checking for anything of this nature and forces the character to stay within the bounds of the game. It looks a bit glitchy in the live preview they show of this being done but the end result was the User sees himself clipping, but other players since they get there info from the server see the player in the regular bounds meaning they could still be attacked as usual. Crowfall also gave example of speedhacking as well, if the user runs a speedhack again on their client it will show them doing this, but the server has a calculation of how fast the player can move at maximum and disregards the info that it receives from the User and only allows that players model to move as fast as it could on the server. Crowfall is the first game that I can recollect right now that puts this much strain on the server to prevent hacking, this still doesnt stop boting though. The only other game is maybe FFXIV the first release, because everything was server based, but since I didnt play long enough to fully understand how they programmed it I cant speak with enough knowledge on the subject.

Ignore the spelling errors I make :P.

• bentrimbentrim Member UncommonPosts: 299
    Once again we see that a PVP based game WILL NOT WORK in an MMORPG. You simply do NOT have the numbers, and the PVE players WILL NOT PLAY.
  • Mad+DogMad+Dog Member UncommonPosts: 780
    Rhoklaw said:
    I would only ever consider returning to ArcheAge if they made a Pay 2 Play only server. Remove the cash shop completely except for FLUFF items only such as cosmetics, costumes and so on. Completely revamp the dumbest crafting system ever designed. Fix the poorly designed netcode that seems to beckon hackers.

Of course we all know that will never happen. So my only choice IS Black Desert. You might not want that alternative but AA's ship has sunk and anyone still playing it can continue to tread water for as long as they want, cause it's never going to recover.
    This, I would sub and return.

• LudwikLudwik Member UncommonPosts: 407
    I'm expecting the two new servers to blow up. We have a guild of a put 25 looking to roll east on Morpheus.

Just from talking to some other guilds, there's a lot of players planning on returning.
  • makasouleater69makasouleater69 Member UncommonPosts: 1,096
    I would rejoin only if they made a server with no cash shop, as have been stated before. The bots I learned to ignore, and wasn't the main reason why I left. I left when they broke the system with putting the trees in the cash shop. I hate the labor system, which basically makes the game way to expensive. I bailed, when I was subbed, and owned a house. I soon found out, I would not have enough labor points with a sub, to make enough tax things for my house, be able to plant stuff, and do trade runs. I did though have a lot of fun, in till i fully understood the labor system, and how you don't get full access to the game even if you sub. That garbage about this game not being pay 2 have a serious advantage or win, all i can say is they have some weird ways of looking at things. 
  • JDis25JDis25 Member RarePosts: 1,353
    bentrim said:
    Once again we see that a PVP based game WILL NOT WORK in an MMORPG. You simply do NOT have the numbers, and the PVE players WILL NOT PLAY.
    PvE is boring, and you all cry too much :D ... and you suck at PvP
    Now Playing: Bless / Summoners War
    Looking forward to: Crowfall / Lost Ark / Black Desert Mobile
  • SlyLoKSlyLoK Member RarePosts: 2,698
    Zero chance. The PvE is just way to bad which is sad because I enjoyed the combat.
  • Andel_SkaarAndel_Skaar Member UncommonPosts: 401
    Just when i was hoping Trion will try to do something positive after clearing bots ,and ,well most of hackers, the game was almost looking to be playable, they go and create a cash shop item with high chance of enchanting only available in cash shop xD

Thats TRION for you, p2w in all its image and glory.

Personally i've quit the game being frustrated to pay subscription(Yes ,you must pay patron to be able to play properly, ingame or with money) when they introduced even more negative changes just for profit sake.
  • farbegefarbege Member UncommonPosts: 305
    edited December 2015
    Population is fine.

Ofcourse its not like launch. You have your typical, lets call em "players", who just go after the next new shiny thing.
    You have those that aren't well informed joining a game and expect "Their"  game, when there is games like for example Archeage what is based on the best classic MMORPG principles.
    MMORPG doesnt have to be FPS and in MMORPG's WILL BE RNG. Its in mmopgs from very beginning  like the first Roleplay games in which you took a dice and roll if your attack hit or not.
    In MMORPG's its not YOU who needs skill but your CHAR in classic terms 'Avatar' who you need to care about progressing him, equiping him and make him survive in a open persistant world. 
    Very basic stuff people that try out MMORPG's aren't aware about and then joing a MMORPG game when they shouldn't if they don't like MMORPG's.      
  • snicolsnicol Member UncommonPosts: 55
    Viper482 said:
    Pepeq said:
    People overlook the obvious... like with any other MMO out there, once it's been played, it's been played.  You can't recapture the honeymoon period on a new server because you already know all there is to know about the game.  Which is why all the other MMOs suffer once people hit max level.  Game hopping is here to stay.  So long as there is something new out there to play (good or bad), it will be played.  What won't happen anymore is a long term relationship (en-mass) with any MMO.  Those days are over.  YOU might decide to play WoW for all eternity because you have nothing better to do, but the majority won't.  Has zero to do with payment model or bots or anything else.  People played whilst the bots, hackers, and spammers were there in force because the game was new.  Once that *new* was over, people no longer played.  Bots, et al are just an excuse.  They were going to leave anyways whether it was a utopia or not.

Could not disagree more. I LOVED this game and felt I finally found an MMO like the old days, one I could play for a long time. MMO's when we played them for years were more about community than the game itself, and AA had everything to live that old school experience again. Don't tell me why I quit, you are not in my head. Seriously tired of people on this forum telling people like me why I don't like certain MMO's, or why I think the old ones were better. No one knows my thoughts better than me, it is arrogant of you to think otherwise.

I quit AA because it became pay to win, because Trion ruined the economy with their cash shop decisions, because they introduced hasla weapons early which screwed weaponcrafting and forced a stupid grind when people rather be out in the world doing so many other cool things. I didn't give a crap about bots, I would go to the enemy island and kill them/report them, it was something to do. The hacking did not affect me, I got my land and was happy with it.

And yes I would have left eventually....everyone leaves eventually so this is not some genius thought on your part. My favorite MMO of all time was Daoc, it is still around yet I don't play it. But I did play it for years. So just stop trying to tell us all why we like or dislike something. I would come back to AA in a heartbeat if they opened a server that mirrored alpha with no cash shop. 

I agree if they could recapture that alpha feeling that had me as excited as i had been in an mmo since 97 playing UO....I would also go back....loved the thunderstuck tree system and the fishing boat and fishing was absolutely second to none.
  • wildarms2wildarms2 Member UncommonPosts: 80
    is the game still pay to win ?

moo all

• NomadMorlockNomadMorlock Member UncommonPosts: 815
    I would only play the game again on a sub only server with no cash shop at all. 

Worst pay to win game ever. 
  • AeliousAelious Member RarePosts: 3,521
    JDis25 said:
    bentrim said:

Or PvP in titles where skill is the deciding factor. ;)
  • AeliousAelious Member RarePosts: 3,521
    SlyLoK said:
    Zero chance. The PvE is just way to bad which is sad because I enjoyed the combat.

It is too bad because players seem to care less about P2W stuff if it doesn't correlate to OWPvP. Though I'd argue that Trion could do a lot worse things during this server merge/resurgence attempt than to feature a fully optional OWPvP ruleset.
  • ThorkuneThorkune Member UncommonPosts: 1,969
    If they would have considered PVE players, I think it would have helped some. I played beta and enjoyed it, but never revisited it due to the dedicated PVP. 
  • filmoretfilmoret Member EpicPosts: 4,906
    ste2000 said:
    Burntvet said:
    Unlike some other games, bots/hackers/spammers and the like were not THE problem with AA, not even the most serious.

The crap business model (pay a sub equivalent and STILL have to use the cash shop or literally spend YEARS grinding/doing the crafting) and cash shop funneling game mechanics (full RNG crafting, labor points, etc.) were the killers of this title.

Had this title been released as a sub only, I predict it would have been more successful with Western audiences.

This ^^
    AA is one of the best MMORPG released in the last few years.
    But its overdependence on the Cash Shop and the way people easily exploited it ruined the whole game experience.
    I would only play it again if they scrap completely (Yes even the vanity items) that dreadful Cash Shop and make it subscription only.
    Oh.....and drop the Labor mechanics, we are not in Korea, we don't need to be told how many hours per day we are supposed to play.

I believe the game could easily be turned into a phenomenon.  And I also believe Trion will never make the decisions to see it happen.  Sorry I lost all faith in Trion after this title.  Here is a poll from this website showing just exactly how many people were happy with the development of this game.

http://forums.mmorpg.com/discussion/441242/what-do-you-think-of-archeage/p1

Notice out of 137 votes only 5 people said the game was being managed properly.  They could hire a random person off the street who never played a mmorpg and they could do better.

Are you onto something or just on something?
  • sayuusayuu Member RarePosts: 766
    Aelious said:
    JDis25 said:
    bentrim said:

Or PvP in titles where skill is the deciding factor. ;)
    it's the only reason Im lookin forward to BnS this month.

well, that and Boobs. . .
    Yes, i loved Archeage, enjoyed its housing, farming, open world, ships and other.

But couldnt cope with the facts that any p2w player can 1-2hit me anywhere ,even inside buildings, all you needed was something over 300 bucks and enough luck to fully slot your armor and weapon, and you were amongst 1-5% of population that could do 1vs 10 PvP, it was incredibly unbalanced, in a way, i guess it offered overpowered stats as positive thing that was unique amongst most games, but ..

in this case you couldnt possibly reach p2w players even if you played 20h/day without putting in large amounts of $$$.

They should had granted normal players means to reach p2w players, not doing so, makes it trully only a cash race, and sadly nothing more than that.

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    ArcheAge has a good population. 

The real players are still playing. 
  • SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916
    As soon as the population recovers, the bots, goldsellers and hackers will return with enthusiasm !

The only reason why they are "gone" is that the current population is too small to make their efforts worthwhile...
  • shalissarshalissar Member UncommonPosts: 509
    Hackers and bots WERE the biggest problem with that game. Gold's power in this game is huge. Regrade scrolls themselves are easy to come across and easy to make compared to the gold cost of actually regrading your equipment. I have lost weeks worth of earning gold because of failed regrades. Someone hacking and botting sunken treasure can earn themselves a good 1k gold+ per day. There were celestial and above items on the new server just a few days after it was released.

You can pour regrade charms into the market with your own money until you're flat broke but it won't give you the gold you need if someone else isn't packing it. Hackers were responsible for me leaving, at least.
  • jesteralwaysjesteralways Member RarePosts: 2,560
    filmoret said:
    ste2000 said:
    Burntvet said:
    Unlike some other games, bots/hackers/spammers and the like were not THE problem with AA, not even the most serious.

The crap business model (pay a sub equivalent and STILL have to use the cash shop or literally spend YEARS grinding/doing the crafting) and cash shop funneling game mechanics (full RNG crafting, labor points, etc.) were the killers of this title.

Had this title been released as a sub only, I predict it would have been more successful with Western audiences.

This ^^
    But its overdependence on the Cash Shop and the way people easily exploited it ruined the whole game experience.
    I would only play it again if they scrap completely (Yes even the vanity items) that dreadful Cash Shop and make it subscription only.
    Oh.....and drop the Labor mechanics, we are not in Korea, we don't need to be told how many hours per day we are supposed to play.

I believe the game could easily be turned into a phenomenon.  And I also believe Trion will never make the decisions to see it happen.  Sorry I lost all faith in Trion after this title.  Here is a poll from this website showing just exactly how many people were happy with the development of this game.

Notice out of 137 votes only 5 people said the game was being managed properly.  They could hire a random person off the street who never played a mmorpg and they could do better.

This pole only shows how ignorant people are regarding archeage and trion's handling of the game. The developer is XLGames and you can always check their version of korean AA. Game was designed to be the way it is, heavily rng and labor point based and monetizing on these 2 factors.

It was a different game about 2 years ago during their 1st and 2nd alpha phase in korea, after which they changed design entirely based on player feedback and by closed beta they dropped subscription model and introduced the abysmal cash shop. People have no idea how the developers are running their game in korea and how they are monetizing it there but they are pretty darn insistent on blaming trion for adding pay2win cash shop and even labor system.

People are stupid enough to believe Trion can change the entire design of AA if they wanted, they believe that just removing cash shop will fix all problems, since i have been playing AA and know the mathematics behind item regrade and crafting, i can say that removing cash shop won't fix anything. The core problem is the game design and Trion can't change it. People who believe Trion is doing a bad job managing the game because the game is "pay2win" in their eyes, are bunch of idiots. Trion is doing bad job regarding server management and some other stability related issue, they could do far better than what they are doing but saying it is their fault that the game is pay2win is bonkers.

Boobs are LIFE, Boobs are LOVE, Boobs are JUSTICE, Boobs are mankind's HOPES and DREAMS. People who complain about boobs have lost their humanity.

This pole only shows how ignorant people are regarding archeage and trion's handling of the game. The developer is XLGames and you can always check their version of korean AA. Game was designed to be the way it is, heavily rng and labor point based and monetizing on these 2 factors.

It was a different game about 2 years ago during their 1st and 2nd alpha phase in korea, after which they changed design entirely based on player feedback and by closed beta they dropped subscription model and introduced the abysmal cash shop. People have no idea how the developers are running their game in korea and how they are monetizing it there but they are pretty darn insistent on blaming trion for adding pay2win cash shop and even labor system.

People are stupid enough to believe Trion can change the entire design of AA if they wanted, they believe that just removing cash shop will fix all problems, since i have been playing AA and know the mathematics behind item regrade and crafting, i can say that removing cash shop won't fix anything. The core problem is the game design and Trion can't change it. People who believe Trion is doing a bad job managing the game because the game is "pay2win" in their eyes, are bunch of idiots. Trion is doing bad job regarding server management and some other stability related issue, they could do far better than what they are doing but saying it is their fault that the game is pay2win is bonkers.
    Trion did have all those server crashes ,sold packs ,than banned players who bought it, and lets not forget the queue, or how ,thing that was deciding for me to quit, removed possibility of players buying enchanting items via gold, and making it cash exclusive, so theres that.

On top of it, most of what you said is true as well.
  • jesteralwaysjesteralways Member RarePosts: 2,560
    A13xand37 said:

Trion did have all those server crashes ,sold packs ,than banned players who bought it, and lets not forget the queue, or how ,thing that was deciding for me to quit, removed possibility of players buying enchanting items via gold, and making it cash exclusive, so theres that.

On top of it, most of what you said is true as well.
    Just as you have pointed out, there are legit concerns about trion's handling but most of these people who say they are mishandling it they are saying it because "in their heart they believe" Trion is big evil company that made archeage pay2win.

And about the gambling pack thing, there was a massive APEX dupe going on back then, a couple of people managed to amass over 100K credits by duping APEX and then they went on to buy gambling packs. A very low number of players were banned for exploiting APEX, not for buying gambling packs.

And i don't know what you mean buy enchanting items can't be bought via gold, people are selling cash shop exclusive moonpoint, sunpoint, scrolls, charms, tempering stones and a lot other for in game gold.

Boobs are LIFE, Boobs are LOVE, Boobs are JUSTICE, Boobs are mankind's HOPES and DREAMS. People who complain about boobs have lost their humanity.

• filmoretfilmoret Member EpicPosts: 4,906
    filmoret said:
    ste2000 said:
    Burntvet said:

This ^^

Well when you are alone pointing at 140 people calling them idiots.  That means you aren't very smart.
    Are you onto something or just on something?