Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Russian Playable Classes Shown Off in New Trailer

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited August 2015 in Videos Discussion

imageRussian Playable Classes Shown Off in New Trailer

GameNet, publisher of Black Desert Online in Russia, has sent out a new trailer showing off the playable character classes coming in next month

Read the full story here

Comments

• ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361
    edited August 2015
    How many trailers does game have?
    Post edited by ElRenmazuo on
  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Black Desert please save us.
  • HighMarshalHighMarshal Member UncommonPosts: 414
    How many trailers does game have?
    The only game that would have more trailers is White Trash Online!
  • JusTnRJusTnR Member UncommonPosts: 6
    game can be perfect but genderlock really important subject for me . if there will not be male archer i will not play this great game
  • MensurMensur Member EpicPosts: 1,507
    JusTnR said:
    game can be perfect but genderlock really important subject for me . if there will not be male archer i will not play this great game
    Same here. I have no respect towards genderlock. For me it shows lack of dedication from the developers and to be honest- if a Woman can be an archer or a witch, so can a Man!

mmorpg junkie since 1999

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,825
    Mensur said:
    JusTnR said:
    Same here. I have no respect towards genderlock. For me it shows lack of dedication from the developers and to be honest- if a Woman can be an archer or a witch, so can a Man!

I see your concerns, but MMOs have a lot more pressing issues than genderlock. We know the graphics are great, but what about the gameplay? If that is good are you going to bin a MMO because of genderlock?

We have so few good MMO atm, that seems almost criminal to me. It may well turn out that gameplay is poor of course, I don't know.

• leon09leon09 Member UncommonPosts: 51
    Mensur said:
    JusTnR said:
    Its comments like this i hope don't make the devs rush out new classes like the Wizard / Witch seemed... those seemed a copy/paste male/female. These devs need to keep on there creative side like they have for Warrior (male) and Valkyrie (female) and Blader (male) and Plume (female).

The creativity gone into those is so much better than 'oh you want to play male, here just change your player model but you will play / be animated just the same as the female'. 

Hopefully over time (and ive heard they already talked about doing it) they will make there own class version for Sorcerer / Ranger / Giant / Tamer and new Ninja.
  • SgtOxSgtOx Member UncommonPosts: 26
    Russian my ass...did they hire a Korean to make the female anime models? I mean wtf, what's with all the female in lil skirts and heels n' stuff! So tired of this crap.

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,825
    SgtOx said:
    Russian my ass...did they hire a Korean to make the female anime models? I mean wtf, what's with all the female in lil skirts and heels n' stuff! So tired of this crap.

Its currently being published in Russia, but a Korean game. I have no issues with the art style, anime is fine. Gameplay is always a question mark for Korean games however.
  • AzmodeusAzmodeus Member UncommonPosts: 268
    Didn't someone say there were very few mobs to kill in this game?  Also they have moved away from the sandbox model, is this true?
      OMG I am Ancient!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] CommonPosts: 0
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • zimikezimike Member UncommonPosts: 160
    Is this going to be a pay to win model like ArchAge? If not, I'm in.
  • breadm1xbreadm1x Member UncommonPosts: 374
    Just 3 letters to describe this game. There is no end game there only is (and here come the letters) P.V.P. the end.

• LacedOpiumLacedOpium Member EpicPosts: 2,327
    breadm1x said:
    Just 3 letters to describe this game. There is no end game there only is (and here come the letters) P.V.P. the end.

If we could ever get back to the point that "end game" took several years to get to and focus on "journey" we wouldn't have to worry about "end game."  Or better yet come to the realization that "end game" is exactly that ... "end game" so time to play another game until the next expansion dropped.  That said, the expansion content should take enough time to consume so that developers have enough time to develop and release the following expansion.  That is how an MMORPG should be managed not this 3 day rush to "end game" and the heck with the journey mentality we see prevalent in today's MMORPGs. 
  • LacedOpiumLacedOpium Member EpicPosts: 2,327
    Mensur said:
    JusTnR said:

... and I agree with the posters regarding gender locked classes in MMORPGs.  I think we can widely agree that we all love looking at women but we have playboy, the internet, and something called real life for when we want to do that.  Some games take it to the point of sexism and exploitation and this really needs to stop. One of my favorite games, TERA, has gone in that direction with their last three class releases being gender locked female characters.  That really disappoints to me.  The RPG in MMORPGs is there for a reason.  These are role-playing games and some players may just want to role play as what they are ... males.  They should be given that option.  If you are going to develop and release a game have the decency and integrity to do it right.  Laziness and lack of resources shouldn't be an excuse for skimping in this area.

• zaberfangxzaberfangx Member UncommonPosts: 1,796
    edited August 2015
    zimike said:
    Is this going to be a pay to win model like ArchAge? If not, I'm in.
    Thing that hit in the US become is like that, but anyhow every mmo have it own form of pay to win some more then other. Like free to play/buy to play end up using real money to get ahead then a some other. Then in a sub is base on time as you work less get payed more in real life then some other that can't, so one can play more for in game gold. As alot mmo having alot gold at start or a major update, is to pay to get ahead then a other that as well a form of pay to win. It's just all about willing to take it to play it more.
  • Dagon13Dagon13 Member UncommonPosts: 566
    I couldn't even tell what was happening once the combat started...
  • ZagatoMKRZagatoMKR Member UncommonPosts: 263
    Interesting, it will have Summoner class. Did not expect that. In that case, I'll try to sign up for CBT. Cheers.
  • NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,610
    Dagon13 said:
    I couldn't even tell what was happening once the combat started...
    I agree, the particle effects seem something better for a single player game. I have watched PvP battles and just shook my head asking how would that be fun? I hope there is a way to turn that down under settings.