Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Tera really deserve more hype than this.

Comments

• KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030
    I wanted to like it....but being mentally-challenged level easy turned me off big time.  I could sit there and let a mob smack me around for minutes on end as a ranged dps and not die.  I went on youtube to look up endgame content...and pretty much confirmed that there was very little challenge to be had.  It was then that I uninstalled.
  • LacedOpiumLacedOpium Member EpicPosts: 2,327
    Originally posted by Kajidourden
    I wanted to like it....but being mentally-challenged level easy turned me off big time.  I could sit there and let a mob smack me around for minutes on end as a ranged dps and not die.  I went on youtube to look up endgame content...and pretty much confirmed that there was very little challenge to be had.  It was then that I uninstalled.

That can be said of most MMORPGs as very few MMORPGs now days offer any challenge.  Matter of fact, I can't think of any.

• SharkladySharklady Member UncommonPosts: 15
    Originally posted by Kajidourden

You could have tried playing something else than gunner though, its a mindless ezy mode class meant to attract those who cant handle anything more complex. I am sure it will get nerf bat pretty soon too.

• BrianDanielBrianDaniel Member Posts: 1
    I think it is quite good game to play once in a while. My small brother likes to play this game. He is the only one to recommend me this game. I am going to purchase acheter black ops 3 .
  • moonboundmoonbound Member UncommonPosts: 396
    Originally posted by Mivi

Originally posted by Jean-Luc_Picard

Originally posted by Mivi  

[   It's amusing that this sentence implies that you(others) know what the "truth" is and they(them) do not.  
      no, it implies: is easier to claim to be right rather than try to understand the truth.  
    Yes, my young friend... which means, you say they aren't right (aka not knowing the truth), meaning you imply that you know what truth is (or isn't).

Meaning, you actually do exactly the same thing they are doing.

meaning,

is easier to claim to be right rather than try to understand the truth.

you'll get eventually

And you'll eventually get, when you grow older, that when you pretend others don't understand the truth, you are actually claiming to know the truth yourself... which is the pot calling the kettle black.

It's easier to claim others are wrong than to actually argue to prove them wrong. And "you claim to be right because you don't understand the truth" is hardly an argument... it's something we can hear in the news spoken by some extremists though, be they religious or political.

Sorry, but you made a totally out of topic attack on all posters here, you put yourself into this. Realizing that "you" aren't better than "them" is a hard "truth" to accept, since you are so eager of knowing "truth".

Do not listen to this guy jean luc is always around giving patrick stewart a bad name bashing almost every mmorpg out there that isnt eso or eve, he is always trolling and pretends to be older but does not act like it, he loves to pretend he know the truth and always claims to be right when he has been wrong many times.
  • YashaXYashaX Member EpicPosts: 3,098
    I remember when this released in the West and Gamebreaker TV labeled it "Terable" , with Gary (the host) throwing his copy in the bin (or something like that). I could never really understand why they bagged it so much, it was the best looking mmo on the market at the time and the combat system/mechanics and boss fights were groundbreaking for an open world mmo. 
  • winghaven1winghaven1 Member RarePosts: 737
    Originally posted by observer
    Originally posted by gamishi

Just look at how awesome the pvp is ,

freakin breathtaking zones and dungeons ,

Amazing graphics ,

Good crafting system ,

Free to play game thats pretty much not a pay to win 

and alot more seriously also shouldnt eu server be more crowded its not like gameforge is that bad >.>

There's also so many negatives to counter this.

• Quest hubs
    • Time-restricted gathering/crafting/mounts/ etc
    • Combat is animation locked
    • BGs & PvP are terrible
    • Dungeons are terrible
    • Silly Lore and bad stories
    • Gender-locked classes
    • Immersion-breaking  (police and school uniforms etc)
    • RNG loot boxes
    • Campfires/Charms/Buffs/ etc
    • UI/popups are cumbersome and annoying
    • One weapon per class
    • Loot management is atrocious
    • etc..

These are my opinions, and i could go on, but there are better MMOs that deserve more hype than Tera.

I do like their f2p model though.  It's not restrictive and their cash shop is optional, but they need to work on their subscription perks.

Tera is one of the best MMOS out right now.

1. Great story

2. Amazing combat

3. Respectable player base

4. No gold spammers

5. Fun dungeons

6. 4.5 million players and growing.

Sure its a F2P game with a cash shop... The good news is its not P2W.

PVP/BGs arent good? well too bad.. MMORPGs are Lore based multiplayer games. I find Tera to focus on PVE more than PVP and that makes Tera Unique.

I have played numerous MMORPGs over the last 12 years and have seen the developers in most focus so hard on PVP content that they end up screwing over or short sighting the PVE side of the game.

Take World of Warcraft for example. It had a wonderful lore based system for several years.. then the developers started focusing too heavily on the pvp side of the game.. now more with Warlord of Draenor you see all of the games starting CC and  armor is nerfed due to pvp player complaints.... Now take a look at the armor .. PVP gear looks sweet.. then look at the PVE gear and we have spandex....

I quit WoW because of the PVE nerfs and over focused efforts towards PVP content... screw Blizzard...

I joined into Tera and love it because they havent taken this step. They stayed along the traditional track of following the PVE route.. PVP is secondary as it should be. I know many PVP loving players will contest this but In defense of Tera I will say this:

Want better PVP go to a PVP server and gank each other.. leave the PVE content at a higher level and you see a successful game.. and there is no doubt Tera is successful.. it has a growing population.. enough of a population that they have had to add new servers. 

I thought you were an intelligent enough person until your statement derived any sense from the point you were trying to make. "PvP is secondary as it should be." That's your opinion and your taste in gameplay in a MMORPG and that's perfectly fine for you to do and it is irrefutable to say that PVE isn't a major factor in any MMORPG but, here's what you are blind to from your own ignorance, is the fact that so is PVP for a lot of players. If it weren't, how come so many MMORPGS have tried to cater to that preference as much as you described?

That short-sightedness on your own account after having written a good deal about an mmorpg that went down this path and then forget about it is mind boggling. I'm genuinely surprised because you make it sound like you have a good head on your shoulder before you smash together your personal taste and pose it as a living fact as to what an MMORPG 'should be' and not what you want it to be.

There's no 1 solution or 1 gameplay aspect of an MMORPG that completes it. Several MMORPGs have tried to imitate WoW and failed despite having its core elements or failed trying to be innovative with action orienated combat as opposed to tab targeting much like Tera, which has done an excellent job in its combat imo. What my point here is to just say you're completely wrong when you mark a good MMORPG from just its PVE content because players are as many as they are diverse and many, like myself, find PVP a big feature in an game that shouldn't be shoved aside just because there are people that want to fight AI. I like the competitiveness of battling a real living person!

But hey. That's just me and that's why this MMORPG isn't my cup of tea. Besides beyond this fact I'm not into most Asian themed video games with their laughable characteristics and races much like that baby cat you are able to play. It's sooo out of place from my point of view, but again, if you're into that, that's your choice.
  • Shoko_LiedShoko_Lied Member UncommonPosts: 2,193
    There are plenty of boss mobs, or mini-bosses for 3-man dungeons that will 1-shot ANYONE for twice to three times their total HP if you don't get out of the way.
  • YashaXYashaX Member EpicPosts: 3,098
    There are plenty of boss mobs, or mini-bosses for 3-man dungeons that will 1-shot ANYONE for twice to three times their total HP if you don't get out of the way.
    When I played even normal mobs provided some challenge unless I totally outgeared/leveled them. BAMs were extremely hard (and fun- good opportunity to group), and I had teams wipe numerous times in certain dungeons. This was before it went free to play though so maybe the difficulty has been turned way down?

I actually had to scroll up and make sure I was in the right thread and that we were talking about Tera when I saw Kajidourden's comment, its almost the complete opposite of my experience with the game.
  • moonboundmoonbound Member UncommonPosts: 396
    moonbound said:

Do not listen to this guy jean luc is always around giving patrick stewart a bad name bashing almost every mmorpg out there that isnt eso or eve, he is always trolling and pretends to be older but does not act like it, he loves to pretend he know the truth and always claims to be right when he has been wrong many times.
    You're definitely confusing me with someone else. I never defended neither EvE nor ESO.
    That makes your little speech about truth quite amusing actually, thank you for that, I needed a smile after work ;)
    I have a great bs meter:)
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    Viper482 said:

It gets what it deserves. You are just one of the few who think the game is great, that's okay, but you need to realize it is you and a few others. There is nothing wrong with us.

If the game had more immersive questing instead of the "kill/collect x of these" grind it would have done much better.

I totally agree.
    I give credit to Bluehole and EnMasse for adding new classes and the occasional dungeon, but that doesnt make the game more fun to play. I started the new gunner class and i just couldnt go over the boring questing paths the game offers. I was looking forward to the upcoming brawler class and i wont even bother for the same reason.

They need to add new ways to level up. Grinding bams is boring, after the third one i cant take it anymore. Gameplay is just not fun for me. A good looking game that is way too generic to go back to. IMO that is their main weakness. Too generically uninteresting.

• iixviiiixiixviiiix Member RarePosts: 2,256
    Only If they make Tera more "action game" than RPG *sigh* . It would be nice if the game have better gamepad support .
    Tera have nice combat system minus the lock target skills of archer and mage.

• HarikenHariken Member EpicPosts: 2,680
    What i don't like about the game will seem odd. But i can't stand the small type against the dark blue menus. It is such a turn off for me. And you have no options to change anything. The inventory is the worse i've ever seen.
    What TERA needs most at this time IMHO is alternate leveling areas.  They have a fun combat system and I would love nothing more than to log on and enjoy its combat.  I just have a hard time doing so in the same ol' starting areas and zones.  TERA needs to release expansions with new starting areas and alternate leveling zones for each level.  I am certain that if they did so it would expand their player base exponentially and extend the life of the game for many more years going forward.
  • Shoko_LiedShoko_Lied Member UncommonPosts: 2,193
    YashaX said:
    When I played even normal mobs provided some challenge unless I totally outgeared/leveled them. BAMs were extremely hard (and fun- good opportunity to group), and I had teams wipe numerous times in certain dungeons. This was before it went free to play though so maybe the difficulty has been turned way down?

I actually had to scroll up and make sure I was in the right thread and that we were talking about Tera when I saw Kajidourden's comment, its almost the complete opposite of my experience with the game.
    I don't think so. I started playing this June well after it went F2P and it's still HIGHLY recommended to gear up in the proper order for end game dungeons otherwise you will get your face chewed off at every boss.
  • rodingorodingo Member RarePosts: 2,870
    edited August 2015
    gamishi said:

Just look at how awesome the pvp is ,

freakin breathtaking zones and dungeons ,

Amazing graphics ,

Good crafting system ,

Free to play game thats pretty much not a pay to win 

and alot more seriously also shouldnt eu server be more crowded its not like gameforge is that bad >.>

Hey @gamishi

You can do like what a small handful of ESO fans do on these forums regularly and make several posts about sales/revenue or whatever you can to drum up interest for the game.  Maybe if you do that enough it will get more people interested?  Most likely not, but some of the guys over at ESO seem to think it works for whatever reason.  /shrug

"If I offended you, you needed it" -Corey Taylor

• SoraksisSoraksis Member UncommonPosts: 294
    Tera was a bad attempt at a good idea.
  • Covet78Covet78 Member UncommonPosts: 149
    Endgame is garbage. unless you plop down 700$ to buy stuff to sell in the auction house, you are not getting endgame gear for pvp. The entry bar for pvp is way to high. Even with a subscription, it'll take about 7 months of grinding the exact same dungeon 4 times a day on your 8 different characters to get endgame pvp gear just for one character ... that is unless you plop down 700$ or so. 

After getting 2 pieces I gave up. got my weapon and chest and after that said f*** it. It was taking way to long. 
    Covet78 said:
    Endgame is garbage. unless you plop down 700$ to buy stuff to sell in the auction house, you are not getting endgame gear for pvp. The entry bar for pvp is way to high. Even with a subscription, it'll take about 7 months of grinding the exact same dungeon 4 times a day on your 8 different characters to get endgame pvp gear just for one character ... that is unless you plop down 700$ or so. 

After getting 2 pieces I gave up. got my weapon and chest and after that said f*** it. It was taking way to long. 

I've never understood this undying fascination that some have with "endgame."  It's like the rest of the game is irrelevant and all they want to do is rush to endgame as quickly as possible before they can finally begin enjoying the game.  As a matter of routine, my game "ends" at endgame for precisely the reason you state above.  I simply refuse to jump on a treadmill that requires a player to run the same dungeons 100s of times to gain a +1 sword simply to fight an updated version of a mob with +1 HP, only to do it all over again when the next expansion comes around requiring everyone to once again jump on a treadmill and run a different dungeon until your face turns blue to acquire yet a different skinned +1 sword to fight yet another iteration of +1 HP mob.  Its an instinctive behavioral impulse reward concept more commonly employed by scientist for hamster experiments.  For the life of me I can not understand why human beings would fall for such a mundane game mechanic.  We are human beings not hamsters, but there will be no evolution or change in this genre and game developers will continue to treat us like hamsters unless you begin to object to this type of game play by communicating to them that you demand change with your wallet.
    4Scoops
  • Covet78Covet78 Member UncommonPosts: 149
    Covet78 said:

I've never understood this undying fascination that some have with "endgame."  It's like the rest of the game is irrelevant and all they want to do is rush to endgame as quickly as possible before they can finally begin enjoying the game.  As a matter of routine, my game "ends" at endgame for precisely the reason you state above.  I simply refuse to jump on a treadmill that requires a player to run the same dungeons 100s of times to gain a +1 sword simply to fight an updated version of a mob with +1 HP, only to do it all over again when the next expansion comes around requiring everyone to once again jump on a treadmill and run a different dungeon until your face turns blue to acquire yet a different skinned +1 sword to fight yet another iteration of +1 HP mob.  Its an instinctive behavioral impulse reward concept more commonly employed by scientist for hamster experiments.  For the life of me I can not understand why human beings would fall for such a mundane game mechanic.  We are human beings not hamsters, but there will be no evolution or change in this genre and game developers will continue to treat us like hamsters unless you begin to object to this type of game play by communicating to them that you demand change with your wallet.
    I agree with your response. But one thing tera does well is the pvp. I love the way it controls. Sadly, if you want to experience good pvp, you need the gear, and be at max level. Hence "endgame". That's all I really cared about but it was taking forever just to get ready for it. Anyone new coming to the game, unless they are planning on plopping down 700$ or so, don't expect to be competitive in pvp for a very very long time.
  • jesteralwaysjesteralways Member RarePosts: 2,560
    Apart from graphics and combat, everything else is copy pasted from Aion. I start the game, open quest interface : i get hit by Aion. Ok let's continue on, then i start questing and again after a few level just like Aion i get a new story quest and the trend continues just like Aion, entire questing interface and mechanic works just like Aion. Ok then how about crafting i thought but sadly again from gathering to crafting everything is directly copy pasted from, even the schematics/recipe names. The main city Velica traveling system exactly works like Aion. When i was playing the game i remembered Bluhole was founded by former ncsoft employee and they were accused of stealing and creating Tera on stolen coding and assets, after playing the game i realized those accusations were correct. I stopped playing the game soon after.

Boobs are LIFE, Boobs are LOVE, Boobs are JUSTICE, Boobs are mankind's HOPES and DREAMS. People who complain about boobs have lost their humanity.

• ChromeBallzChromeBallz Member UncommonPosts: 342
    You may want to try playing a few more KMMO's if you think Tera copied Aion... The systems and designs used are quite common amongst those. 

Personally, Aion plays too stiff to get any enjoyment out of me. I tried it and just couldn't get to grips with the utterly strange way the game played, despite it technically being a very old-skool MMO. Also, it's iffy that 'flying' is actually 'gliding' and hasn't got a lot of impact on the overall game...

Playing: WF
    Played: WoW, GW2, L2, WAR, AoC, DnL (2005), GW, LotRO, EQ2, TOR, CoH (RIP), STO, TSW, TERA, EVE, ESO, BDO
    Tried: EQ, UO, AO, EnB, TCoS, Fury, Ryzom, EU, DDO, TR, RF, CO, Aion, VG, DN, Vindictus, AA

• lastingklastingk Member UncommonPosts: 3
    @gamishi And also meaningless game goals and boring. Nothing to after End game in particular. 
  • JDis25JDis25 Member RarePosts: 1,353
    edited September 2015
    Covet78 said:

TERA was fun to level up until about lvl 45 and there is where most people either gave up or were already max-level. I remember waiting in queue for a dungeon (as a healer mind you) for an hour and still didn't get a pop. This happened more than once. And honestly besides the same recurring battleground, there was mind numbing questing. VERY mind numbing, even for quest grinders.

Open PvP was great but again, no players at lvl 45-60 really when I played.

then I made a max level elin Reaper to try the game out and the endgame is just as grindy as I had heard. Miserable even. So even if the endgame sucked, there isn't much of an actual game 1-max level either, just dungeons mostly, that apparently people stopped doing at level 48 or so.

Now Playing: Bless / Summoners War
    Looking forward to: Crowfall / Lost Ark / Black Desert Mobile
  • xpsyncxpsync Member EpicPosts: 1,854
    Covet78 said:

I certainly don't understand the fixation on this "endgame" either, i rarely get into end game and is why I'm loving Tera, each class revitalizes and refreshes the game for me and there are 11 atm, more coming.

It's the instant grats crowd i think, i remember "back in the day" (lol) it was the Journey, i friend and i spent over a week of hard playing to get from level 21 to 22 so we could get into an event coming that weekend, the level bar took tremendous amount of time to make it even budge, now a days "OK i talked to the NPC who told me to walk over there and talk to that other NPC" CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! YOU WALKED OVER THERE  here's 10 levels, lol, wow just wow, and no pun intended. haha
    My faith is my shield! - Turalyon 2022

Your legend ends here and now! - (Battles Won Long Ago)

Currently Playing; Dragonflight and SWG:L