Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Enhanced Edition Launch Trailer

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited August 2015 in Videos Discussion

imageEnhanced Edition Launch Trailer

Venture into the magical world of Risen as this award winning RPG makes its way onto PlayStation 4. Risen 3 has gone through countless graphical and gameplay improvements since its initial release to make the Enhanced Edition the best version of Risen 3 ever. Available on PlayStation 4 August 21, 2015.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Keldor837Keldor837 Member UncommonPosts: 263
    edited August 2015
    Right now there's a Steam sale for Risen 3: Titan Lords at 80% off. So it's like $8 for the bundle....but no mention of an enhanced edition. So I'm curious if there will be a PC Enhanced edition release soon and they're trying to milk people before it's released. OR, if the PC version has received patches/updates which amounts to being equivalent to this enhanced edition consoles are getting. If anyone knows, please message me (I may not see a response on here). I'm buying the game anyway, as I enjoy the "classic" feel to their games and the dark realism. But would appreciate an answer to this question. EDIT: Nvm, after adding it to my cart, it showed the bundled Risen 3 as Enhanced Edition....not sure if that's on Piranha Bites or Steam with that screw up. EDIT2:Nope....it's called the "Complete Edition." So my original inquiry still stands.
  • rodingorodingo Member RarePosts: 2,870
    If Risen 3 is anything like Risen 2, the one I played, then I feel bad for you. Granted you might like the game, but if that is the case I think you will be in the minority. In my opinion, as an RPG it's pretty weak, and as a pirate game it's even weaker. Assassin's Creed Blag Flag is a way better game in so many ways such as actually being able to sail a ship into combat and the melee combat is way more responsive, in case you haven't tried it yet. Though of course it's not on sale for a few bucks like Risen is. But still....If this game leaves that feeling of wanting a better pirate game, then I recommend giving ACBF a try later on.

"If I offended you, you needed it" -Corey Taylor

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    @rodingo, here is all you need to see about Risen 3 IMO Deep Silver should be working with A4Games on a new Metro game (maybe from the next books 2034 o 2035) instead of re-releasing garbage. Risen 1 was the best of the trilogy and it wasnt very good.

• Stuka1000Stuka1000 Member UncommonPosts: 955
    So they polished a turd and expect it to somehow transform into diamonds. Afraid not guys, a polished turd is still a turd.
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    edited August 2015
    Well Assassins creed is a multi million dollar game,if i remember correctly it cost more than SWTOR,likely the most expensive single player game ever.Yes Assassins Creed is a good game however Risen is ok for what it does.

I think with Angry Joe he simply didn't like that the game was a tad interactive,seemed like he was struggling and wanted it to be easier.It was VERY obvious that he needed to only go defensive until the enemy finished it's sequence of attacks then go on the offense but he was trying to go offensive like a Blizzard spam game lol.

The only thing i don't like is those stupid matrix rolls, it is like every game has added that the last couple years.

However did make me laugh out loud watching Angry Joe struggle with combat ,he was like a total noob lmao. "There is no %^!#$ and no #@^@#^#$ and shove your game @^@^$^ and don't try and pass off $%#^#%$^ your game sucks $#^&%$^$% roflmao poor Angry Joe must not have had his cigarette before playing.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• Keldor837Keldor837 Member UncommonPosts: 263
    edited August 2015
    rodingo said:
    If Risen 3 is anything like Risen 2, the one I played, then I feel bad for you. Granted you might like the game, but if that is the case I think you will be in the minority. In my opinion, as an RPG it's pretty weak, and as a pirate game it's even weaker. Assassin's Creed Blag Flag is a way better game in so many ways such as actually being able to sail a ship into combat and the melee combat is way more responsive, in case you haven't tried it yet. Though of course it's not on sale for a few bucks like Risen is. But still....If this game leaves that feeling of wanting a better pirate game, then I recommend giving ACBF a try later on.
    I actually dislike the pirate theme, which is why i stayed away from Risen 2 (and glad i did, the game was just bad, even Pirahna Bites unofficially states that). Risen three has some elements of the pirate theme (whole faction based on it mixed with voodo). You're not forced to be in it up to your chin all the time though. The reason I bought and am playing it is for a bit of nostalgia in a new wrapper, and added flavor. The Gothic games were my first introduction into the realm of 3D PC RPG. I understand that feature and combat-wise. There are many other better games (really digging Witcher 3 for that reason). But, for me it's just a chance to continue on in a world I have grown up in during different parts of my life over the better part of the last two decades. A $7 price tag on that is well worth the entry.