Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Full Gamescom Gameplay Demo

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited August 2015 in Videos Discussion

imageFull Gamescom Gameplay Demo

Here is an extended look at the Sword Coast Legends Gamescom 2015 Press demo! Included is a sneak peek at custom player characters, the Lost Mines tile-set and The Beholder, one of Dungeons & Dragons most iconic monsters. In this demo, Design director Tim Schwalk and Community Manager Ash Sevilla show off SCL’s DM tools in action and challenge the n-Space QA team on their adventure through the mysterious ‘Lair of the Watcher’. Pre-order now! - https://swordcoast.com/preorder Subs

Read the full story here

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• carotidcarotid Member UncommonPosts: 425
    not amused.
    That's what your mom said on your birth day :-D
  • isslingissling Member UncommonPosts: 162
    It looks like a lot of fun, seeing I would only be playing with one other person, I take it the other two spots would be filled in with npc's? But curious if you can play dungeons created by other people and such. I could look this up but I thought some more dialogue about the game would be nice:)  
  • Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    1997 called, it was not amused.
    This game have just as much in common with Baldurs gate as ESO have with Meridian 59.

I have been waiting a long time for a game like this, but if the idea doesn't look fresh enough for you, no problem. But few games are really that original when it comes down to it.
  • KalafaxKalafax Member UncommonPosts: 591
    Amazing

Mess with the best, Die like the rest

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860
    I hope it outshines other sRPG games recently released. It looks pretty good...until I start actually playing. This is the style of game I looked for years ago before mmorpgs were such a hit with me. And prior to that my favorites were all the SSI AD&D Gold Box series. I spent many hours on a Commodore 64 playing Pools of Radiance and it's remarkable companions until a reliable PC came out, and I graduated to the Tandy 1000 and it's superior 8mhz processor and 0.63 MB of ram. I will most likely get this game and see what it brings me!

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• KalafaxKalafax Member UncommonPosts: 591
    issling said:
    It looks like a lot of fun, seeing I would only be playing with one other person, I take it the other two spots would be filled in with npc's? But curious if you can play dungeons created by other people and such. I could look this up but I thought some more dialogue about the game would be nice:)  
    From everything I've read you can have NPCs or you can have random other players join in your party to have a full group and you will be able to publish your own adventures as well as play other peoples published adventures. I do not know if any of my group will be picking this game up but I will be pick it up purely to create adventures and publish them for people to play through.

Mess with the best, Die like the rest

• Soki123Soki123 Member RarePosts: 2,558
    Can t wait for this. I have only 1 other person that I know who will play this, but if we can fill in the spots with NPCs that will be cool.
    Amjoco said:
    I hope it outshines other sRPG games recently released. It looks pretty good...until I start actually playing. This is the style of game I looked for years ago before mmorpgs were such a hit with me. And prior to that my favorites were all the SSI AD&D Gold Box series. I spent many hours on a Commodore 64 playing Pools of Radiance and it's remarkable companions until a reliable PC came out, and I graduated to the Tandy 1000 and it's superior 8mhz processor and 0.63 MB of ram. I will most likely get this game and see what it brings me!
    Yeah, I loved those games. I think I spent more time in the Champions of Krynn serie than Pool of radiance though. Good times. :)

This is just the kind of game that will be perfect for our small LAN, a case of beer, pizza and some nice custom made campaigns from the players. :)

I just hope I can get some puzzles to work in the game though, those dissapeared with the wikis and I have been missing them.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

One of my favorite D&D computer games of all time was the Ravenloft game that was released years ago. You talk about an amazing game.
    Yeah, the setting is rather interesting with a mix of fantasy, horror and Steampunk. I kinda like Planescape: Torment as well even if the Planescape setting is a bit weirder. I always thought it was strange that so few Ravenloft games have been made, almost all computer games the last 15 years have been Forgotten realms. It is even weirder with Dragonlance, at a time that was the most common computer game setting.

One could hope that if this becomes a hit they can release other campaigns with toolsets like Dragonlance and Ravenloft for it as well. Would be pretty simple to make.
  • raven7680raven7680 Member UncommonPosts: 21
    I can not wait to play this, suck that only one of my friends wants to the game with me. =(

Devilish Smile photo DevilishSmilejpg

• SomethingUnusualSomethingUnusual Member UncommonPosts: 546
    Looks awesome! Will definitely be keeping an eye on it. I've been waiting a long time for a "successor" to Neverwinter Nights... Looks like someone finally picked up and started it.
  • AethaerynAethaeryn Member RarePosts: 3,149
    Looks fantastic. Might even. . gasp . preorder!

Wa min God! Se æx on min heafod is!

• LuposDavalteLuposDavalte Member UncommonPosts: 91
    Finally... an online game for true roleplayers!
  • SoloAnythingSoloAnything Member UncommonPosts: 308
    Looks nice and it's on PS4, preordering for sure.
  • mastersam21mastersam21 Member UncommonPosts: 70
    This reminds me a lot about the original Neverwinter Nights module multiplayer servers just expanded, something I've been looking for some time.
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    edited August 2015
    Your looking at NWO+Storybricks.

Just like in NWO there are only so many assets,eventually you'll see all triggers and traps and then it gets boring.Also eventually you'll see all the bookshelves and Bosses then things look repeated and again gets boring just like in NWO.

These ideas are great on paper but in reality only work if the players can create content instead of just shifting assets and triggers around.

I realize in big name titles we still see the repeated npc's with a different name tag but this is not helping the situation it is just more of the same only your doing it instead of the developer.

I could go for an idea such as this if goes in a different direction. I would like to create a world such as Age of Empires and control the commands and ideas for each faction/race.Example controlling how fast a race evolves and it's aggression towards other factions and real players.Also control ideas like npc's discovery range,will they go out and discover your player town and attack it or try to encourage trading with your town.

I would also like to control an ECO system,every creature in the game should have an affinity to each other and attack each other.I would also like to control seasons and how often nodes spawn as well as control the crafting process and what can be crafted as well as adding my own items to the game.

I am looking for a Landmark+AOE+more tools+player modding.Yes i am asking a lot ,but i want a game like i described because it spells longevity,i don't want quick games that i get bored of in 1 month and never play them again.

grrrrr darn archaic html system.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• Nemesis7884Nemesis7884 Member UncommonPosts: 1,023
    do they also have their own major campaign or more like a demo campaign and its really supposed to be this episodic game where you pick and choose scenarios? I assume heroes can carry over? It looks really good, the only issue i might have if its really episodic like neverwinters player made stuff, there might be a biggger storyline, a grand adventure lacking
  • NobleNerdNobleNerd Member UncommonPosts: 759
    Looking forward to this game. Every video I see makes me more and more excited to play!

• gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919
    Wizardry said:
    Your looking at NWO+Storybricks.

Just like in NWO there are only so many assets,eventually you'll see all triggers and traps and then it gets boring.Also eventually you'll see all the bookshelves and Bosses then things look repeated and again gets boring just like in NWO.

These ideas are great on paper but in reality only work if the players can create content instead of just shifting assets and triggers around.

I realize in big name titles we still see the repeated npc's with a different name tag but this is not helping the situation it is just more of the same only your doing it instead of the developer.

I could go for an idea such as this if goes in a different direction. I would like to create a world such as Age of Empires and control the commands and ideas for each faction/race.Example controlling how fast a race evolves and it's aggression towards other factions and real players.Also control ideas like npc's discovery range,will they go out and discover your player town and attack it or try to encourage trading with your town.

I would also like to control an ECO system,every creature in the game should have an affinity to each other and attack each other.I would also like to control seasons and how often nodes spawn as well as control the crafting process and what can be crafted as well as adding my own items to the game.

I am looking for a Landmark+AOE+more tools+player modding.Yes i am asking a lot ,but i want a game like i described because it spells longevity,i don't want quick games that i get bored of in 1 month and never play them again.

grrrrr darn archaic html system.

SCL is no AoE. It isn't is a computerised version of - something like - City State of the Invincible Overlord - that Judges Guild pushed out years ago. Nor is it Dave Arneson's "The First Fantasy Campaign" - which Judges Guild also published back in '77 - although most of that is pretty much a dungeon with some outdoor space "tagged" on. Will it be the modern day equivalent of the early pen & paper editions? The proof will be in the eating so to speak. As you say it will come down to how effectively players will be able to create content. More assets are - supposedly - going to be produced. And pre-made adventures? And how this stuff will be .... sold? After that - maybe there will be some assets that start to replicate some of the stuff that was produced back in the early days. Only if SCL gets it right though might such stuff grow.