Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Workshop Show #45 Mostly about Lore and Q&A on lore and builds.

NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,610
Feedback, lots of lore cookies, also some odds and ends they didnt cover they meant to last show like some winner. Also some Q&A on lore and builds. New concept art

http://www.twitch.tv/everquestnext/v/10778677

Catacombs (Open world Dungeon?)

Catacomb Entrance 

New concept for Inn's

New Wall concept

War Camp

Comments

• BlaedusBlaedus Member UncommonPosts: 100
    edited August 2015
    This might sound a bit contentious, which I honestly don't mean, but when are the EQN videos not about builds and "lore"?  I'm just about to watch the video (or as much of it as I can get through) cause I wanna see if this one differs from the others (I actually have the same hope going into each video).
  • NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,610
    Blaedus said:
    This might sound a bit contentious, which I honestly don't mean, but when are the EQN videos not about builds and "lore"?  I'm just about to watch the video (or as much of it as I can get through) cause I wanna see if this one differs from the others (I actually have the same hope going into each video).
    Most shows are about builds and feedback on the builds, lore is a break in the pattern. Im guessing we not going to get much more then that for many more months to come. @Blaedus
    edited August 2015
    Nanfoodle said:
    Most shows are about builds and feedback on the builds, lore is a break in the pattern. Im guessing we not going to get much more then that for many more months to come. @Blaedus
    I only got through half the video, but I didn't see anything out of the ordinary.  The "lore" they'd talked about was just Halasian culture.  Correct me if I'm wrong, but I remember the same being done for at least the Dark Elves and Takish Elves.  So...yeah, I'm a bit confused with the title.  Is the lore you're talking about mentioned in the second half of the video?
    No, most live streams dont focus so much on the lore. They may touch on it but this show 50% was just about lore and answering peoples questions about lore. I am not sure where the confusion lies. Since the Barbarian have been a confirmed play able race, this is the first time they have talked in depth about them. 
    *shrugs* I disagree, but it's not important enough to keep talking about.
    Some awesome builds for the Halas contest

Those look beautiful.
    Blaedus said:
    Those look beautiful.
    Ya, Voxelmancy has come a long way =-)
  • junglebeastjunglebeast Member UncommonPosts: 72
    I haven't touched Landmark in ages but those builds are mind-boggling good.

You know when you play too much MMO's when your partners pants have become a rare drop.

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Nanfoodle said:
    Blaedus said:
    Those look beautiful.
    Isnt this just an advert for Landmark though? as the only bits we've seen  here for EQN so far have been some concept artwork that could easily have been produced by 1 or 2 people in a couple of hours and the only good stuff is player created content from Landmark, and even thats just 'possible' rather than actual content for EQN.
     Really they should be putting out some actual in game stuff by now, or are they still at the stage where the game engine is still in 'pre alpha' or something?
  • kemono55kemono55 Member UncommonPosts: 124
    edited August 2015
    Phry said:

Isnt this just an advert for Landmark though? as the only bits we've seen  here for EQN so far have been some concept artwork that could easily have been produced by 1 or 2 people in a couple of hours and the only good stuff is player created content from Landmark, and even thats just 'possible' rather than actual content for EQN.
     Really they should be putting out some actual in game stuff by now, or are they still at the stage where the game engine is still in 'pre alpha' or something?
    yes, pretty much...

edit: even the content made by players would have taken 1 - 3 days to make if it was built in an editor.
    Phry said:
    Nanfoodle said:
    Blaedus said:
    Those look beautiful.
    How you dont get that Landmark is the tools the devs were using to build EQN makes me laugh. They just gave the tools to gamers to see what they could do with it because the devs where having so much fun with them as well. Your looking at what gamers are making for a contest for Halas. This is just a sample of what players can do and the type of art quality we will see in EQN. You have to get that this is made of blocks. Its mind blowing to see how detailed things have become. Look again, this is EQN content. As for game play. Ya I would love to see some as well lol
    Strange way to develop a tool, to have it go out of its way to make it more time consuming than necessary.
    kemono55 said:
    Strange way to develop a tool, to have it go out of its way to make it more time consuming than necessary.
    Where do you get this info? Im guessing its from your butt. 3D art takes allot of time to make. The stuff being made in Landmark for EQN is often modular and can be used to make many different buildings with the same parts, also saving much time. Much like they did in the past with how they made 3D assets. Only difference is building with voxels gets you something you didnt before. A 100% destructible world.
    ... .. okay

I'm gonna slowly back away now...

I was going to suggest that working in a local software, within a grid system, with free orbit camera, orthographic views, access to layers, groups and isolate views were a more efficient way of working, but what do I know.
    Maybe landmark has the better workflow....
    kemono55 said:
    ... .. okay

I'm gonna slowly back away now...

I was going to suggest that working in a local software, within a grid system, with free orbit camera, orthographic views, access to layers, groups and isolate views were a more efficient way of working, but what do I know.
    Maybe landmark has the better workflow....
    And how does that compare to the stuff you have built in Landmark? After you have used the tools as long as the ones you are using now?