Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

No updates recently?

2»

Comments

• KilsinKilsin Member RarePosts: 515

Originally posted by Thebeasttt
    Originally posted by Kilsin The companies financial situation is for internal discussion only. Brad's role is Chief Creative Officer (CCO), the same role he has held since the start, It is displayed clearly on our development site if you wish to check it out, it is all listed under the "About Us" tab. He doesn't post much because, like the rest of the team, he is busy working on the game, once we get passed this big update and release it, you will find more of the team will talk about their progress but until then, it's heads down and back to work!
    *le sigh* Such a cop out answer. There are people who donated early but refuse to pay for forum access being left out of your "internal discussion." Surely they deserve to know the financial situation of a game that exists partly because of them. Right?

Internal discussion means only Visionary Realms team members are privy to that information.

If anyone has purchased a pledge and has forum issues, I would ask that they put a support ticket in so I can see what is going on and help them with access if their pledge covers it.

• ThebeastttThebeasttt Member RarePosts: 1,130
    Originally posted by Dullahan

*le sigh* Such a cop out answer. There are people who donated early but refuse to pay for forum access being left out of your "internal discussion." Surely they deserve to know the financial situation of a game that exists partly because of them. Right?

No one cares what is listed in About us, that doesn't mean he didn't pass off the project and keep the title. Brad went from talking about Pantheon constantly to never saying a word about it. He still posts in Off topic and on other boards so the "hard at work" answer is out. If he's just trying to lay low that's fair but he's done the CEO disappearing act before and his demeanor toward Pantheon is questionable lately, at best.

Same with Joppa. He get demoted or something? Obviously they don't have to post here but they are pretty much dead silent on your own forums all of a sudden. Odd

Brad posts on the Pantheon forums every few weeks. There is no reason to assume anything has changed. This is not Vanguard and they are not being forced to launch a game a year early. Its beyond ridiculous to continually reference a horrible situation such as Vanguard where they lost investors and were forced to launch a game a year early.

Just this week Brad also posted 2 very good blog entries.

https://www.pantheonrotf.com/blogs

This is not Vanguard when Brad proves it so and not before. You just posted 2 blog entries that have absolutely nothing to do with Pantheon and all his posts in the past months have been similar. If you came here to prove my point you succeeded.

I'd go through the trouble of finding all his recent Pantheon related posts on their forums for someone who sincerely cares about the game, but you've made it clear you do not. I'd say do it yourself, but its obvious you only want to disperse your tinfoil hat theories. Also, the blog 'Does a core group of gamers really go away' is very relevant to Pantheon. However, you aren't going to find the nonstop updates you want from Pantheon or any other small game company in pre-Alpha development. They are busy working, and with less than a dozen people on the project, constant updates or reaffirmations would only slow down the process. They've announced an update goal (Aug-Sept) many times this year, and until then, I wouldn't expect further details.

Don't be salty just because you proved my point on accident, just read the post next time lol.

Originally posted by Joppa

I am absolutely still here - Pantheon's development is moving triumphantly forward.

We will be making some announcements in the next couple of months that will not only reveal the last 6 months of development, but paint a clear and exciting picture for the road ahead.

But until we are ready, we think less is more when it comes to updates - I think most will agree when the time comes.

Good to know you're still cranking away at things. That just leaves one question: what is Brad doing these days?

• KefoKefo Member EpicPosts: 4,229

I am absolutely still here - Pantheon's development is moving triumphantly forward.

We will be making some announcements in the next couple of months that will not only reveal the last 6 months of development, but paint a clear and exciting picture for the road ahead.

But until we are ready, we think less is more when it comes to updates - I think most will agree when the time comes.

Good to know you're still cranking away at things. That just leaves one question: what is Brad doing these days?

Other things related to the development of the game and whatever else he deems warrants his attention I would assume?

• TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,551

Latest news:

Brad McQuaid’s dev team for Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen just got a little bit bigger. A post on the game’s forum welcomes senior game designer and Vanguard: Saga of Heroes veteran Corey LeFever as well as programmer/webmaster Adam Tell.

Visionary Realms also introduced Jason Bolton as its new associate community manager.

(per MOP)

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• AraduneAradune Sigil Games CEOMember RarePosts: 294

I'm both Pantheon's Producer and one of the gameplay/tools programmers.  So most of my time is spent in project planning and in coding both gameplay and tools for the game.  And, of course, as CCO I meet often with our CEO and others regarding high level planning for both the company and the game.  All of this amounts to plenty of work and is keeping me plenty busy.  Watching the measurable forward progress of the game and being part of its development gives me a quite satisfying daily sense of accomplishment :)

As for frequency of updates, what Joppa said :)

--

--------------------------------------------------------------
    Brad McQuaid
    CCO, Visionary Realms, Inc.
    www.pantheonmmo.com

Originally posted by Aradune

I'm both Pantheon's Producer and one of the gameplay/tools programmers.  So most of my time is spent in project planning and in coding both gameplay and tools for the game.  And, of course, as CCO I meet often with our CEO and others regarding high level planning for both the company and the game.  All of this amounts to plenty of work and is keeping me plenty busy.  Watching the measurable forward progress of the game and being part of its development gives me a quite satisfying daily sense of accomplishment :)

Hey thanks for the response.

Didn't hear you talking about Pantheon for awhile there so the question needed to be asked. Best of luck to you and your team. Even skeptics like me will gladly pay if its anywhere near as immersive as EQ Classic.

• NildenNilden Member EpicPosts: 3,916

Good to see your still on here. Man your avatar is so old school, that and the Sigil Games CEO under it might need some updating. (Don't you dare change that pic tho!!!)

Anyway good luck with Pantheon, I'll buy it if you make a good game. Loved Everquest and Vanguard. If you do knock out an update I hope it's more impressive than the video with snow and half the screen with a chat box... because if not don't bother and just keep your nose down and work on it.

"You CAN'T buy ships for RL money." - MaxBacon

"classification of games into MMOs is not by rational reasoning" - nariusseldon

Love Minecraft. And check out my Youtube channel OhCanadaGamer

Try a MUD today at http://www.mudconnect.com/ 

• delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081
    I loved Vanguard, Just saying :)
    Originally posted by Nilden

Good to see your still on here. Man your avatar is so old school, that and the Sigil Games CEO under it might need some updating. (Don't you dare change that pic tho!!!)

Anyway good luck with Pantheon, I'll buy it if you make a good game. Loved Everquest and Vanguard. If you do knock out an update I hope it's more impressive than the video with snow and half the screen with a chat box... because if not don't bother and just keep your nose down and work on it.

I think you're exactly right -- future updates need to be better planned and they need to not just be impressive, but really show what the game is about, what makes it different, what new ideas we're implementing, etc.  So that's really the reason we're taking some time on this next big update.

I have no plans on changing the old school avatar image :)  But yes, the Sigil part needs to be updated -- something I can't do myself -- anybody know who I should email at mmorpg.com to get that updated?

--

Brad McQuaid
    www.pantheonmmo.com

• beat_downbeat_down Member UncommonPosts: 46
    Brad, you are my only hope.
  • ZandilZandil Member UncommonPosts: 252
    Originally posted by Nilden

I think you're exactly right -- future updates need to be better planned and they need to not just be impressive, but really show what the game is about, what makes it different, what new ideas we're implementing, etc.  So that's really the reason we're taking some time on this next big update.

I have no plans on changing the old school avatar image :)  But yes, the Sigil part needs to be updated -- something I can't do myself -- anybody know who I should email at mmorpg.com to get that updated?

Did Kilsin  leave your cage door open again, Back in you go and get back to work on my game. 

• DullahanDullahan Member EpicPosts: 4,536

I'd go through the trouble of finding all his recent Pantheon related posts on their forums for someone who sincerely cares about the game, but you've made it clear you do not. I'd say do it yourself, but its obvious you only want to disperse your tinfoil hat theories. Also, the blog 'Does a core group of gamers really go away' is very relevant to Pantheon. However, you aren't going to find the nonstop updates you want from Pantheon or any other small game company in pre-Alpha development. They are busy working, and with less than a dozen people on the project, constant updates or reaffirmations would only slow down the process. They've announced an update goal (Aug-Sept) many times this year, and until then, I wouldn't expect further details.

Don't be salty just because you proved my point on accident, just read the post next time lol.

You mean where I showed you where he is still participating in the forums? Just because you're out of the loop doesn't mean they aren't still working on the game. Hopefully you can see that now.

• delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081
    Originally posted by beat_down

+1 on that !

• RattenmannRattenmann Member UncommonPosts: 613
    Originally posted by delete5230
    Originally posted by beat_down

+1 on that !

+1 from me as well.

But not only Brad, but his whole team.

Show the market that old school does not mean "bad" or "outdated". I am so sick of people telling me i wear rose colored glasses and those games would never work today because they suck. Show em!

MMOs finally replaced social interaction, forced grouping and standing in a line while talking to eachother.

Now we have forced soloing, forced questing and everyone is the hero, without ever having to talk to anyone else. The evolution of multiplayer is here! We won,... right?

Speaking of updates, we posted a new screenshot!  https://www.facebook.com/pantheonrotf

--

Brad McQuaid
    www.pantheonmmo.com

Aradune said:
    Speaking of updates, we posted a new screenshot!  https://www.facebook.com/pantheonrotf
    Thanks @Aradune ; you beat me to it ;) 

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• SlyLoKSlyLoK Member RarePosts: 2,698
    Aradune said:
    Nice. Was getting ready to post that I would be happy with screenshots until the next in depth details.
  • KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030
    I have to admit to being undutiful.  I backed the kickstarter and when it didnt get funded I donated on the website but haven't followed any of the updates....lol.  I need to go back and check it all out, but since I'm not that big into lore I don't see much in the way of substance there for me.
    I have to admit to being undutiful.  I backed the kickstarter and when it didnt get funded I donated on the website but haven't followed any of the updates....lol.  I need to go back and check it all out, but since I'm not that big into lore I don't see much in the way of substance there for me.
    We have a separate website for the Lore http://www.thekeepersvault.com/ 

If you check out our Development website, you will find a lot of great discussion about Pantheon features, mechanics, systems etc. that the community get involved in a lot.

We are a couple of months away from a big update so what better way to pass the time than to catch up on all the information over at https://www.pantheonrotf.com/ ;)