Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Help needed

graytonigraytoni Member Posts: 3

Hey i'm having an issue when i start the game, I am starting it for the first time an when i get to the grahpic/ sounds options screen it freezes while connecting to server.

I can't play the dang game or even finish the setup, my antivirus (avast) i turn off net shields and my (zone alarm) security has my.games and skyforge on all allow so there should be no issues.

Can anyone tell me how to fix this so i can play the game?

;)(:

Comments

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

I have a short memory of this game because i quit playing after two days but i think there was some constant memory warning popping up.I never have any memory issues with other games so i assume it is something with this game,likely memory leaks from bad coding.

Memory issues can cause problems playing the game.That is about the only thing i can think of because my pc is nothing special and i can play any game out there.

btw ..are you sure it is frozen and not just waiting for you to hit the update button?I am not trying to be a smart ass just trying to help.

Not sure if matters but also make sure on the region setting.I don't see any settings page,all i see is a basic empty webpage with UPDATE,you click that then takes you directly into game,no settings page.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• You'll have to excuse the nonsense above.

Try disabling your AV entirely for 5 minutes just to rule that out. If it works, add the game directory to exceptions.

Also make sure you're not running a redundancy of AV with both Avast and ZoneAlarm.

• Originally posted by graytoni

Hey i'm having an issue when i start the game, I am starting it for the first time an when i get to the grahpic/ sounds options screen it freezes while connecting to server.

I can't play the dang game or even finish the setup, my antivirus (avast) i turn off net shields and my (zone alarm) security has my.games and skyforge on all allow so there should be no issues.

Can anyone tell me how to fix this so i can play the game?

Could you also please clarify exactly when you encounter an issue? Your comment about finish the setup has me confused.

• graytonigraytoni Member Posts: 3

yeh it is frozen when i first start the game from the launcher it comes up and has you go though some set up steps like a gray-scale test and then the sound/ graphics options.

the first time i did this the graphics part was responcive i could ajust it if i wanted to, but the sound would not respond.

now i bring it it up and it says connecting to server at top left and nothing is responcive. and i can't force quit the game i have to restart the computer.

;)(:

• Understood.

First thing you'll want to do is to verify the client files. From the launcher, the play button has a drop down menu on the right side of it. Click that then choose Verify and fix game client files.

• TheOctagonTheOctagon Member UncommonPosts: 411

When I started playing on Friday, it was crashing every couple of hours. Hasn't stopped yet.

Won't know again until Wednesday because I'm capped out on colored sparks and class sparks. No Okki tablets to advance a chapel and not high enough yet to Enlighten an Adept so I can't even get a point of prestige unless I grind dungeons and hope for a good loot drop.

Gated games suck.

• graytonigraytoni Member Posts: 3
    I did varify the files from the drop down menu, it did not find any problems.

;)(:

• strange question but, do you have any foot pedals plugged in, like ch pro rudder pedals for sim games?  I too had a problem like this, and it turned, out according to a thread on reddit, when foot pedals are plugged in skyforge will crash when they recieve input. since removing them, skyforge has worked perfectly, so you can try removing unusual peripherals and see if that helps.
  • Thomas2006Thomas2006 Member RarePosts: 1,152

The verify files option is junk. When this started happening to me randomly, I ended up having to delete and redownload the game completely to fix the problem. Ever since the redownload no issues what so ever.

• Originally posted by 123abc456def
    strange question but, do you have any foot pedals plugged in, like ch pro rudder pedals for sim games?  I too had a problem like this, and it turned, out according to a thread on reddit, when foot pedals are plugged in skyforge will crash when they recieve input. since removing them, skyforge has worked perfectly, so you can try removing unusual peripherals and see if that helps.

I too had to unplug my G25 for another game to launch properly. It was either The Witcher 3 or ARK.

Originally posted by Thomas2006

The verify files option is junk. When this started happening to me randomly, I ended up having to delete and redownload the game completely to fix the problem. Ever since the redownload no issues what so ever.

That's unfortunate. Was hoping to save him from having to download again.

• KillbaneKillbane Member UncommonPosts: 23
    I had the same problem what fixed it for me is going into stardocks Mycolors and settings and adding skyforge.exe to the ignore list for boarders

Solo play is for off-line players.