Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MMO+ - Helping Players Find the Perfect MMO -

2»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] UncommonPosts: 0
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • sunandshadowsunandshadow Member RarePosts: 1,985
    I want to help design and develop a PvE-focused, solo-friendly, sandpark MMO which combines crafting, monster hunting, and story.  So PM me if you are starting one.
  • timeraidertimeraider Member UncommonPosts: 865
    Will need somemore mmo's to be added i guess. Its a start though
    Ashes of Creation Referral link - Help me to help you!
    https://ashesofcreation.com/r/Y4U3PQCASUPJ5SED
  • Brabbit1987Brabbit1987 Member UncommonPosts: 782
    Alders said:
    The problem with this site or any other similar to it is that players can't agree on what constitutes certain criteria. One mans sandbox is another mans sandpark is another mans themepark.
    The player doesn't have to. The site owner just has to clarify their definitions. The question marks currently have a very vague definition which will not work. Has to be a little more specific. Then the owner has to be very strict and uphold the definitions firmly.
  • Instigator-JonesInstigator-Jones Member UncommonPosts: 530
    edited August 2015
    quote: Brabbit1987 "The player doesn't have to. The site owner just has to clarify their definitions. The question marks currently have a very vague definition which will not work. Has to be a little more specific. Then the owner has to be very strict and uphold the definitions firmly." I can see it now; the beginning of a MMO regulatory agency that is the final word on what is what in the MMO community! :D
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Way too easy to get no results. Site needs work in that respect.
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• drakolasdrakolas Member UncommonPosts: 45
    It seems Runescape is considered to have not only partial, but full open world PvP and that's definitely not the case.
  • Brabbit1987Brabbit1987 Member UncommonPosts: 782
     I can see it now; the beginning of a MMO regulatory agency that is the final word on what is what in the MMO community! :D
    XD lol, that would be pretty crazy. I doubt it would go so far. But the site stating it's definitions clearly will certainly help prevent mix ups and such even if someone doesn't agree with the definitions.
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    DMKano said:
    No, don't change archeage from sandbox to themepark. it is not themepark game, if you suggest it as themepark you will just piss off players who will use your site and look for free2play themepark game.
    I changed it to mixed. I've played it and, at least when leveling, you go on rails.

Then how did I level all my characters via crafting? ? My last 2 characters are maxed without completing a single quest.

Playing ArcheAge "on rails" is the worst option, there are other more effective ways of leveling that don't involve any quests period.

So - just because  *you chose* questing it is not the only option, certainly not the best option.

ArcheAge gives you lots of choices.
    ArcheAge gives you lots of choices, if you subscribe.

• kurosenshukurosenshu Member UncommonPosts: 49
    you should require some kind of account signup to submit games and such, there was a lot of erroneous info for the mmo i play, whoever added it clearly doesn't play it and knows jack shit about it......

• kemono55kemono55 Member UncommonPosts: 124
    Sovrath said:

you have to start somewhere. While people can argue what a Sandbox is all day long there are enough differences that it could lead a person to at least consider something or immediately steer them away from something.

I completely agree with this.
    While it is pretty clear that Minecraft is definitely a sandbox and World of Warcraft is a themepark,
    I think its a lot of subjective opinion based on personal experience that makes up definitions.

We have to start somewhere, and in this case the site owner/developer has absolute authority on this.
  • GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342
    edited August 2015
    DMKano said:

Just because a game has leveling and gear progression does not make it a themepark.

ArcheAge is a sandpark game through and through.

It very much does, it is the defining nature of themepark - linear progression based design. lol

There is no such thing as Sandpark, silly term invented by people who have no balls to admit they enjoy a themepark :)
  • rodingorodingo Member RarePosts: 2,870
    Interesting idea.  I bet building the queries are a slight nightmare.

"If I offended you, you needed it" -Corey Taylor