Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

'Evolution' Options Detailed | ArcheAge | MMORPG.com

2»

Comments

• zaberfangxzaberfangx Member UncommonPosts: 1,796
    edited August 2015
    Rhoklaw said:
    DMKano said:
    JDis25 said:
    Re-Release it as a sub game, you'll probably make more money at this point with this method, Trion. Or buy to play maybe?

This is the most common misconception. Can't go into specifics but cash shop profitability is through the roof in AA.  XL has done research on possible alternatives but nothing came even close to current model.

A game dev will never pick a less profitable option, just keep that in mind.

Sure, it was more profitable but now it's killed the game. So to say it's more profitable overall as in long term, I have to disagree with their research. Then again, it's also a misconception that game developers, specifically MMO genre are passionate about their games. Trion and XLGames just prove that making MMO's is purely a business venture. These are the kinds of gaming companies to avoid as they are simply ruining the genre.
    Well, if there was no cash shop let says and it was a sub game many people came in, but how the game is to keep people grinding for something, people may start dropping off from the game with out content after content for the game, as little to do with the model, as best model for a f2p mmo game thats is out there and people not jumping by millions just to play it.
  • shukoladeshukolade Member UncommonPosts: 113
    There was a thread years back where someone mentioned that there will be server merges some time. Everyone was in uproar because it is impossible to transfer without losing all your stuff (i.e. land) and Trion would never make such stupid move. Look where we are now ha! Just let it die, please.
  • DraGzielDraGziel Member UncommonPosts: 67
    Uh huh. Most of the people here are people who played the game at launch and then quit. The game is doing fine and has still plenty of players. I am one of those who payed NOTHING and STILL managed to compete in pvp and have FUN. Most of you say: omg these rubbish mmos or these stupid companies etc. This is because you have outgrown mmos and you have no patience and willingness to try to achieve something. Most of you are playing mobas 99% of the time because you want to achieve something instantly. 

I believe it is not the mmos that are failing people and getting worse, but its the people that have become impatient and toxic. Every new mmo has such an extreme hype, and once launched, it "fails" miserably. Have you ever thought that it might not be them failing but you?
  • iixviiiixiixviiiix Member RarePosts: 2,256
    DraGziel said:
    Uh huh. Most of the people here are people who played the game at launch and then quit. The game is doing fine and has still plenty of players. I am one of those who payed NOTHING and STILL managed to compete in pvp and have FUN. Most of you say: omg these rubbish mmos or these stupid companies etc. This is because you have outgrown mmos and you have no patience and willingness to try to achieve something. Most of you are playing mobas 99% of the time because you want to achieve something instantly. 

I believe it is not the mmos that are failing people and getting worse, but its the people that have become impatient and toxic. Every new mmo has such an extreme hype, and once launched, it "fails" miserably. Have you ever thought that it might not be them failing but you?
    It nice that you enjoy the game , but it not change the fact that AA lost players and going to merge soon .
    Honestly , i don't think AA will be dead any sooner as the "still playing" player base loyal to the plots , but soon there will be another merge and maybe in the end of 2016 , there will be 3-4 servers left .
  • zaberfangxzaberfangx Member UncommonPosts: 1,796
    Rhoklaw said:
    It's evident the game is dying or why would they be merging servers. All this is doing is pissing off the current land owners for the servers being shutdown. Eventually you'll have about 1-2 servers per region and then maybe 1 server once Black Desert becomes available. They screwed this game up beyond hope and refuse to acknowledge that F2P with RNG P2W cash shop was a piss poor idea. The game was plenty popular during Alpha, which proves people enjoyed it more before the cash shop and F2P crap. So please don't try to spin the F2P as being the best option for players. It's clearly nothing more than a cash grab which is a shame considering the game itself was a masterpiece.

People will says wow is diying all the time hell let not use wow. Look at allods online I said it's going die cuz all the p2w crap but if there people willy to pay or play even with all the system will still be alive. Just need to go down where see more people around then less with maybe stable number who knows may have less then befor with them merging servers.