Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

CU starting to look purdy.

TamanousTamanous Member RarePosts: 3,026

You stay sassy!

Comments

• GolbezTheLionGolbezTheLion Member UncommonPosts: 347

Looking good!

Glad progress seems to be coming along nicely for the crew over at CSE. CU can't come soon enough :)

• UltorXUltorX Member UncommonPosts: 56

Gotta say that's some great progress.

https://vine.co/tags/CamelotUnchained

• TamanousTamanous Member RarePosts: 3,026

The concept of the sky showing more accurate sun, moon and star movement will be very immersive in game. I believe they want it to be tied to real seasonal change and even monthly astrological calendar events.

I'm quite happy players will have a great deal of crafting/building control without CU being build upon a voxel engine. Getting real tired of voxel games.

You stay sassy!

• XAleX360XAleX360 Member UncommonPosts: 516
    Graphics looks nice enough, though what I'm really worried about is animations. These may be a deal breaker unless they're smooth enough. 

Executive Editor (Games) http://www.wccftech.com

• JamesGoblinJamesGoblin Member RarePosts: 1,242
    Originally posted by UltorX

Gotta say that's some great progress.

https://vine.co/tags/CamelotUnchained

Gotta say things are...falling apart nicely.

PS While we`re at it, some more silly physics.

PPS For those who missed it, here`s much, much more about things to come.

PPPS New update arrived.

W...aaagh?
  • arcundoarcundo Member UncommonPosts: 88

Graphics have improved a lt lately, it seems, but animations need a lot of work still.

Also they move in a funny cartoon for kids way. Is that intended?

• While that's a pretty low quality video to judge graphics by, the environment is very much looking a lot more enticing.

Originally posted by DMKano

Animation for the race shown is intended, yes it can be more polished but its supposed to look like a trollish gait.

Doh!

I think they all move the same way by the way. Which suits the character with wings best. But this way of walking takes away a lot of focus and immersion for me. I hope it is something that is possible to get used to and forget about.

Originally posted by Axxar

While that's a pretty low quality video to judge graphics by, the environment is very much looking a lot more enticing.

I agree. The envirmoment looks much more like a lively world now.

• XAleX360XAleX360 Member UncommonPosts: 516
    Mark also said they just added NVIDIA's HBAO+ to the game, which is great news. They should be able to add more NVIDIA tech too. 

Executive Editor (Games) http://www.wccftech.com

• AddiktedAddikted Member UncommonPosts: 33
    looking good <3
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] UncommonPosts: 0
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Originally posted by greenreen

Ground cover sure does make a huge change to a game.

Someone else was showing in another game how the grass moved when you walked through it - I hope they don't go that route with this game. I know it's still early so just throwing it out. The look of a field is nice but in a PVP game I hope they don't get too intense with the effects on blades of grass, that would be best during exploration in games but I expect we will have well-worn paths to take since people tend to go the shortest distance to fight. Grass moving from all those people won't be needed IMO.

The only payoff I could see for moving grass would be if it was clumped down to show you where someone has been recently - like footprints in snow but again, overarching - just a system user.

I already know I need to buy a new computer for this game and have enough saved that none will be out of my range by the time they release short of something NASA uses but it would be nice to get 2 computers this time. One for gaming alone and one for work. They've mentioned several times Nvidia specific things so I expect to get that card next time to support all their shinies.

That's all handled on the client side.  So you should be able to turn it off if need be.

• KanethKaneth Member RarePosts: 2,286
    I'm a sucker for immersion additions. The day/night cycle looks pretty darn nice.
  • General-ZodGeneral-Zod Member UncommonPosts: 868
    Noice!

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    I hope that is just the default chubby female running animation - it looks very appropriate in that context... not so sure about a thin elven male running that way though :)
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• booniedog96booniedog96 Member UncommonPosts: 289
    Tamanous said:

The concept of the sky showing more accurate sun, moon and star movement will be very immersive in game. I believe they want it to be tied to real seasonal change and even monthly astrological calendar events.

That would be really interesting to have.  I've always wondered what it would be like if an MMO had a profession like "Cartographer" who crafts maps and compasses.  The more a cartographer explores their surroundings can add more detail to the maps they create.  Instead of relying on a default UI compass they would have to really use land nav skills.  Imagine figuring out the direction of north by putting a stick in the dirt during the day tracking it's shadow over some time.  Then as your skill progresses you can craft a more detailed and accurate compass.  Imagine being paid as a guide to some hidden dungeon you found during one of your excursions.

One of the things I enjoyed about ArcheAge was following a guildie to a secret farm spot they've found (back during a really early time of the game).  We would go past the boundaries to areas that were greyed out on the map and we would go up and over mountains, glide over crevasses, etc.  As I'm following this guy I wonder how he even figured this area beyond the boundaries existed.  Well, wishful thinking I guess.