Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Seriously, wtf happened?

GhavriggGhavrigg Member RarePosts: 1,308
One of the best features of this site was that when I went to my profile, I could click on "overview" and see where I posted most most recently. This doesn't exist anymore, and it's very inconvenient, 'cause I know I've posted in threads, but I can't remember exact ones, would like to just be able to check it quickly but it's not there anymore. Please re-implement this, as it was absolutely retarded of you all to ruin this part of the site, thank you.

Comments

• AvanahAvanah Member RarePosts: 1,615
    Yes, it would be nice to go back to a post to review it ect. The dreaded "Where did I post this?" dilemma is awful.

"My Fantasy is having two men at once...

One Cooking and One Cleaning!"

---------------------------

"A good man can make you feel sexy,

strong and able to take on the whole world...

oh sorry...that's wine...wine does that..."

• MendelMendel Member LegendaryPosts: 5,609
    Features--;

This is a completely different site, now.  Why is it that any site revamp always seems to end up with fewer features, and dimmed down content?

Oh, and the shift-arrow functionality to go back a word now goes to the beginning of the line.  That one's absence is borderline painful.  Can't these Vanilla people follow accepted word processing standards?

Features--;

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.

• ComanComan Member UncommonPosts: 2,178
    edited August 2015
    There is a link on the left side in your profile called comments, under activity. Here you can see all your comments you ever made. Just press control + F (search) and search for the word comments. Should be the only one in your profile.
  • psiicpsiic Member RarePosts: 1,640
    Personally not a fan, and my poor email being crushed under old thread updates I haven't posted to in forever. I guess in time I will figure it all out but I am an old dog and sometimes it is better just to wander off and die than to try and learn a stupid new human trick.
  • IkedaIkeda Member RarePosts: 2,751
    edited August 2015
    You have to click forums.  Then go up to your name.  Then on the left there's a "discussions" or "comments" button.  Have fun figuring out which you need since they're the SAME DAMNED THING.  But what you're looking for is comments.

But @MikeB tells us that the extra clicks to achieve the same goals are all navigating better.

MikeB said:
    As far as navigation, we highlight forums a lot better now. 

• SanguinelustSanguinelust Member UncommonPosts: 812
    psiic said:
    Personally not a fan, and my poor email being crushed under old thread updates I haven't posted to in forever. I guess in time I will figure it all out but I am an old dog and sometimes it is better just to wander off and die than to try and learn a stupid new human trick.
    i kinda feel the same
    i kinda feel the same
    Same here.  I can tell you I stopped even reading Gamespot when they made the updates.  Made forums impossible to use though they said it was better.  Everything was video instead of a nicely written article.  And then the site was bogged down by all the 'new stuff' that the meat-an-potatoes was left high and dry.

The parallels are eerie.
  • breadm1xbreadm1x Member UncommonPosts: 374
    edited August 2015
    What can i say its nothing new.
    There are millions of ICT guy's out there with stupid idea's they prolly have nothing to do so they come up with a "better" format.
    Moost of the time it end's up mutch worse then it was before.
    I have seen it on many sites here in Holland www.uitzendinggesmist.nl was a verry nice clean site where one could watch TV programs from the non compercial dutch channels.
    They changed it into somthing "better" and its a pain in the ass to use.
    Same goes for CNN and mutch more othr sites.
    Only thing i can thing of is that they now can control more of how the forum is used by the main page.
    And who knows put some more add's in it. no clue (since i use addblocker moost "updated" sites look so mutch plainer now)
    but the way it looks now is just terrible. (gonna switch addblocker off and see how it looks then :P )
    ----
    Hmz kinda looks the same :open_mouth: 

• KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030
    I'm still looking for the "unsubscribe to all threads" button.  This spam in my email is fuckin ridiculous.
  • grimalgrimal Member UncommonPosts: 2,935
    I commend the work done, but there is still too much on the site for my tastes.  I find the design to be very confusing.  IMO, less is more would have been a better approach.  99% of the elements in the main page I never use.

• BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565
    grimal said:
    I commend the work done, but there is still too much on the site for my tastes.  I find the design to be very confusing.  IMO, less is more would have been a better approach.  99% of the elements in the main page I never use.

This thread's more about the forums than the mainsite, but I think you'll like the mainsite overhaul. It's cleaner without losing long-standing features like recent discussion feeds, hype meters, and all of that. Plus you can choose between light and dark themes.

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

I'm still looking for the "unsubscribe to all threads" button.  This spam in my email is fuckin ridiculous.

Ben and Evan are working on this one, but for now if you go to the bookmarked threads section, you can uncheck them all just by clicking the stars. This is due to the old forums' hackneyed "subscription" options that auto-followed threads. In the migration, this data became subscribed threads.

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto

• grimalgrimal Member UncommonPosts: 2,935
    The only part of the site that was of relevance to me was the forums.  The real time forum overview is all I care about and it appears that does not have a full page view.
    Ikeda said:
    i kinda feel the same
    Same here.  I can tell you I stopped even reading Gamespot when they made the updates.  Made forums impossible to use though they said it was better.  Everything was video instead of a nicely written article.  And then the site was bogged down by all the 'new stuff' that the meat-an-potatoes was left high and dry.

The parallels are eerie.

Articles will never end here. Videos are a more prominent thing now and we'd be silly to ignore them. But by and large most of all of our content is and will be written. Personally, I see nothing wrong with having both.

My Review Manifesto

• evgen88evgen88 Member UncommonPosts: 120
    I'm still looking for the "unsubscribe to all threads" button.  This spam in my email is fucking ridiculous.
    You could just change your notification settings
  • mgilbrtsnmgilbrtsn Member EpicPosts: 3,430
    Before defaulting to the 'WTF' mode, how bout just making a suggestion.  The people working on the forum seem to be willing to listen and make changes based on feedback.

I self identify as a monkey.

mgilbrtsn said:
    Before defaulting to the 'WTF' mode, how bout just making a suggestion.  The people working on the forum seem to be willing to listen and make changes based on feedback.
    Huh... that's weird.. because we've been doing exactly that and being told that we're wrong... and that everything smells like cinnamon and sunshine.
  • TheutusTheutus Member UncommonPosts: 636
    I like the changes. The forums load faster, and I like LOL'ing people sarcastically.
  • GorillaGorilla Member UncommonPosts: 2,235
    grimal said:
    The only part of the site that was of relevance to me was the forums.  The real time forum overview is all I care about and it appears that does not have a full page view.
    This. I imagine that anyone who just wants to see what's being discussed currently is going to be frustrated. Please change the little  tab on the last 10 posts to take you to a full page view showing latest posts.

Removing 80% of the home page would be welcome too, less is often more. Still a jumble of confusion imho.
  • MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555
    grimal said:
    Sure it does. Click "Recent Discussions". Either the button itself or the text at the top of the feed.

http://forums.mmorpg.com/discussions

Ikeda said:
    You have to click forums.  Then go up to your name.  Then on the left there's a "discussions" or "comments" button.  Have fun figuring out which you need since they're the SAME DAMNED THING.  But what you're looking for is comments.

But @MikeB tells us that the extra clicks to achieve the same goals are all navigating better.

MikeB said:
    As far as navigation, we highlight forums a lot better now. 

Discussions = threads you've created. Comments = Posts you've made in threads. That's all there is to it.
    Ghavrigg said:
    One of the best features of this site was that when I went to my profile, I could click on "overview" and see where I posted most most recently. This doesn't exist anymore, and it's very inconvenient, 'cause I know I've posted in threads, but I can't remember exact ones, would like to just be able to check it quickly but it's not there anymore. Please re-implement this, as it was absolutely retarded of you all to ruin this part of the site, thank you.
    Go to your profile and click Comments. Done. :)

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Gorilla said:
    grimal said:
    This. I imagine that anyone who just wants to see what's being discussed currently is going to be frustrated. Please change the little  tab on the last 10 posts to take you to a full page view showing latest posts.

Removing 80% of the home page would be welcome too, less is often more. Still a jumble of confusion imho.
    Do you mean something like this? http://forums.mmorpg.com/discussions

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• JDis25JDis25 Member RarePosts: 1,353

To save your email inbox from MMORPG's notification onslaught:

-Sign in to MMORPG forums

-On top of screen where you see your picture and username, there is a gear, click it.

-Now click Edit Profile

-Scroll down there is an option "Notification Preferences" Turn them all off.

-Save.

Now Playing: Bless / Summoners War
    Looking forward to: Crowfall / Lost Ark / Black Desert Mobile