Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

POST NEW FORUM BUGS / ISSUES HERE

Comments

• MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555
    Heya. I have lost access to the thread about a game that was moved by moderator to ...Developers Corner/MMORPG Game Concepts

All I see when I open the link to my thread, or this particular section is blank page with text: "Permission Problem, You don't have permission to do that"

I can see this section in the mobile 'mode', but can't reply or do anything. Some help, please? 
    Those forums have been archived and are no longer accessible. I've moved your thread out of there and into The Pub.
  • AnirethAnireth Member UncommonPosts: 940
    edited August 2015
    I'd like to be able to see which page i am on and be able to change it without scrolling all the way down each time. Funny enough, the forums do have that, but not individual threads.

Also, i read that some (many?) people would like to display their favorite role. While i'm not one who goes around and fills such things, it's kinda useless to have it when nobody can see it. It's not like i need MMORPG to remind me of my favorite role. Also, if it's going to "always on", there needs to be a "no favorite/everything" choice, too. If you can enable/disable displaying it in the settings that wouldn't hurt, either, but it wouldn't be as "important"

Also, while the page numbers are fine for me (could maybe be a tad bit more contrast, but it works).. is the search button supposed to be empty? I mean, just a blue button, no icon or anything.

If anything was already mentioned here i apologize, unfortunately there is no overview. Adding an overview to the first page, displaying the issues you are aware of and (maybe) the "solution" would probably help sorting things out. You probably have one anyways (maybe in a text file on your desktop or whatever? ;) ), so just post it here.

I'll wait to the day's end when the moon is high
    And then I'll rise with the tide with a lust for life, I'll
    Amass an army, and we'll harness a horde
    And then we'll limp across the land until we stand at the shore

• observerobserver Member RarePosts: 3,685
    A quick suggestion.  The editing section after a post is edited, should be changed.  It's too big and doesn't need to be red.
  • hallucigenocidehallucigenocide Member RarePosts: 1,015
    did you remove the time stamps on posts? or am i just blind? :P

I had fun once, it was terrible.

• IsaneIsane Member UncommonPosts: 2,630
    edited August 2015
    Is it just a common Bug that the discussions for certain Forumns just don't show up ; Could you looks at The Citadel oF Sorcery Forum , none of the discussion threads seem to exist and when i search I find threads but get permission issues when selecting them after a search.

• sk8chalifsk8chalif Member UncommonPosts: 666
    edited August 2015
    When clicking on a thread  it  goes right at the end of the thread at the last post.. is there any way to make it go at the OP first post/comment instead?

~The only opinion that matters is your own.Everything else is just advice,~

• AnirethAnireth Member UncommonPosts: 940
    The time stamp is to the left of the post, in blue below post count, forum role and rank.

I'll wait to the day's end when the moon is high
    And then I'll rise with the tide with a lust for life, I'll
    Amass an army, and we'll harness a horde
    And then we'll limp across the land until we stand at the shore

• hallucigenocidehallucigenocide Member RarePosts: 1,015
    Anireth said:
    The time stamp is to the left of the post, in blue below post count, forum role and rank.
    ah yes there it is lol... thanks

I had fun once, it was terrible.

• jdlamson75jdlamson75 Member UncommonPosts: 1,010
    What about those of us who were featured as "Spotlight Poster"s?  I was quite fond of the meaningless title; any hopes of bringing them back so I can look upon my posts with false pride bordering on hubris?
  • QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,347
    Replying to a news story rather than on the normal forums proper made the post completely ignore new paragraph markers.  Or at least I'm guessing that being a reply at the bottom of a news story rather than going through the forums to get there was the underlying issue.  Regardless, the particular news story that was the problem is here:

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/634/view/news/read/35947/Neverwinter-Difficulty-Leveling-Speed-Addressed-in-New-Dev-Blog.html
  • KenFisherKenFisher Member UncommonPosts: 5,035
    Quizzical said:
    Replying to a news story rather than on the normal forums proper made the post completely ignore new paragraph markers.  Or at least I'm guessing that being a reply at the bottom of a news story rather than going through the forums to get there was the underlying issue.  Regardless, the particular news story that was the problem is here:

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/634/view/news/read/35947/Neverwinter-Difficulty-Leveling-Speed-Addressed-in-New-Dev-Blog.html

Same thing happened to me here:

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/1214/feature/9979/Crowfall-Why-Release-Needs-to-Happen-in-Summer-2017.html

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.
    Activity Section (like the Facebook page)

You and Your are auto-linking to users You and Your, and those users don't exist.

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.
    New Plural?  I'm guessing a translation file configuration default value that doesn't quite make sense in US English.

edited August 2015
    ... dupe ignore
    Post edited by KenFisher on

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    edited August 2015
    @MikeB ;

I'm getting occasional typing delays - the display is sometimes 10 or more characters behind. This is in Microsoft Edge. I'm not sure if it's the same in other browsers. It seems to happen more often if I quote. 

EDIT: It seems to be just an Edge thing. No delay with Chrome or Safari.
    Post edited by Iselin on
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• Ianb4allIanb4all Member UncommonPosts: 77
    O am Unable to make a new post in Star citizen or any other forum...just  leave comments like this in already made posts? why?
  • Ianb4allIanb4all Member UncommonPosts: 77
    fearu said:
    I have been a forum member for years yet somehow I can't make a new post because I don't have enough points.

Really?

Edit: because I made this post I can now make a post. Guys..

Also WTF is the deal with me being uncommon and what happen to my join date on the left side? These forums have less functionality and more social media blingy bits that I don't care about.
      Member since Nov 2010 and I too am now a pleb who cant make new posts...what a load of bollocks tbh......
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] UncommonPosts: 0
    edited August 2015
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] UncommonPosts: 0
    edited August 2015
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
  • MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555

jdlamson75 said:
    What about those of us who were featured as "Spotlight Poster"s?  I was quite fond of the meaningless title; any hopes of bringing them back so I can look upon my posts with false pride bordering on hubris?
    Trying to find out what we can d oabout titles.
  • BrenicsBrenics Member RarePosts: 1,939
    edited August 2015
    When I go to home been getting this error last few hours.

[img]http://i.imgur.com/pHYydO3.jpg[/img]

Well that didn't come out like I wanted it too. Must be pain pills that am taking for my healing shattered knee. =)
    I'm not perfect but I'm always myself!

Star Citizen – The Extinction Level Event

4/13/15 > ELE has been updated look for 16-04-13.

http://www.dereksmart.org/2016/04/star-citizen-the-ele/

Enjoy and know the truth always comes to light!

• NasaNasa Member UncommonPosts: 739
    Why is there no date on the first post in a thread?
  • MeddleMeddle Administrator UncommonPosts: 758
    Brenics said:
    When I go to home been getting this error last few hours.

[img]http://i.imgur.com/pHYydO3.jpg[/img]

Well that didn't come out like I wanted it too. Must be pain pills that am taking for my healing shattered knee. =)
    Linked out of the forums to the home page?

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

• MeddleMeddle Administrator UncommonPosts: 758
    Nasa said:
    Why is there no date on the first post in a thread?
    That is the million dollar question.  We're working on it

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,067

This webpage is not available

Opera could not load the webpage because forums.mmorpg.com took too long to respond. The website may be down, or you may be experiencing issues with your internet connection.

Check your internet connection.

Check any cables and reboot any routers, modems, or other network devices you may be using.

Allow Opera to access the network in your firewall or antivirus settings.

If it is already listed as a program allowed to access the network, try removing it from the list and adding it again.

If you use a proxy server...

Check your proxy settings or contact your network administrator to make sure the proxy server is working. If you don't believe you should be using a proxy server: Go to the Opera menu > Settings > Change proxy settings... > LAN Settings and deselect "Use a proxy server for your LAN".

This is on my Opera browser every time I try to connect without  Zenmate a proxy. The same thing occurs on Firefox

The connection has timed out

The server at forums.mmorpg.com is taking too long to respond.

The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few moments.

If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network connection.

If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

An on Internet Explorer 11

This page can’t be displayed
    • Make sure the web address http://forums.mmorpg.com is correct.
    • Look for the page with your search engine.
    • Refresh the page in a few minutes.

I am simply unable to connect from Italy for some reason.

Chamber of Chains