Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Join date under picture/Avatar/name and list of posts under my profile

DarLorkarDarLorkar Member UncommonPosts: 1,082
Is that not going to come back?  I liked that part under the avatar/name area. I scanned for a place to put this but did not see a topic for questions/suggestions. if i missed one please move. And i used to go to my profile and see the lists of posts i had responded to so i could go to them easily.  Is that gone or just not back yet?

Comments

• MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555
    I just looked into this. It won't be possible to bring back. Sorry. :(
  • VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872
    "And i used to go to my profile and see the lists of posts i had responded to so i could go to them easily"

I agree, this is the one feature that is really missing :/

• DeasantDeasant Member UncommonPosts: 198
    edited August 2015
    @MikeB what about incorrect post amount and such? Like on my account. 

My my other posts are attributed to "Unknown", who if you click on, takes you to my profile page.
    Volgore said:
    "And i used to go to my profile and see the lists of posts i had responded to so i could go to them easily"

You can use this link: http://forums.mmorpg.com/discussions/participated

Otherwise, you can just click Comments in your profile to see things you've commented on.

Deasant said:

My my other posts are attributed to "Unknown", who if you click on, takes you to my profile page.
    What's incorrect? You have 4 posts as far as I can tell.
  • Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    MikeB said:
    Volgore said:

Otherwise, you can just click Comments in your profile to see things you've commented on.
    Which reminds me, Bill said years ago when the new forum idea first appeared, that we'll have an easy comment search option, but I don't see a search box there, just the general search :wink: 
    Po_gg said:
    MikeB said:
    Volgore said:

Which reminds me, Bill said years ago when the new forum idea first appeared, that we'll have an easy comment search option, but I don't see a search box there, just the general search :wink: 
    We just enabled advanced and quicksearch about an hour ago. There's some theming issues we need to fix with quicksearch (little magnifying glass in the page numbers for a thread or forum). For advanced search, go to search at the top of the site and hit the arrow to expand it out.
  • Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    Thanks, it works! (but only found posts from 2015 so far)
  • VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872
    MikeB said:
    Volgore said:

Thank you :)
    I clicked alle buttons below your post for your helpful answer. Unfortunately, only one click applies at a time.

• DeasantDeasant Member UncommonPosts: 198
    edited August 2015
    MikeB said:
    Deasant said:

@MikeB  That's exactly my point. I did not create a new user. My iPad had my login info saved. New forums came up and I auto logged in with 0 posts credited to me. My old posts are attributed to "Unknown", who if you click on, takes you to my profile.

For example in this thread http://forums.mmorpg.com/discussion/436919/archeage-not-as-bad-as-people-think-not-as-p2w-as-people-say-it-is/p2 I am the "Unkown" poster, starting on page 2. 

The post starts out "Anyone saying it's not pay to win, doesn't understand the crafting system, its relationship to the cash shop and to gear progression which means everything in PvP. This game is an ultimate example of pay to win. Anyone who says otherwise is not fully educated on the topic and/or the specifics of the game."

Deasant said:
    MikeB said:
    Deasant said:

@MikeB  That's exactly my point. I did not create a new user. My iPad had my login info saved. New forums came up and I auto logged in with 0 posts credited to me. My old posts are attributed to "Unknown", who if you click on, takes you to my profile.

For example in this thread http://forums.mmorpg.com/discussion/436919/archeage-not-as-bad-as-people-think-not-as-p2w-as-people-say-it-is/p2 I am the "Unkown" poster, starting on page 2. 

The post starts out "Anyone saying it's not pay to win, doesn't understand the crafting system, its relationship to the cash shop and to gear progression which means everything in PvP. This game is an ultimate example of pay to win. Anyone who says otherwise is not fully educated on the topic and/or the specifics of the game."

Weird. I'll see if we can figure that out.
  • Sal1Sal1 Member UncommonPosts: 430
    MikeB said:
    Volgore said:

Thank you for this post @MikeB . I bookmarked that link for easy access.
  • KonfessKonfess Member RarePosts: 1,667
    edited August 2015
    Volgore said:

Exactly.  Because I have an @yahoo.com I didn't get emails to replyies.  Every day I did the profile and post list to see if there were any replies I should answer.  Work took me out of town for the past month, so I didn't see this forum change coming?  Out of curiosity, were there any "How do you use the forums?" surveys or a PTR of the new forum?

I hate being the old fogy, the new forums "look" cool and I expect are "efficient".  The IAAL markers are useful.  But  a dislike marker would probably get more use on this site, rather than an agree marker.

Pardon any spelling errors
    Konfess your cyns and some maybe forgiven
    Boy: Why can't I talk to Him?
    Mom: We don't talk to Priests.
    As if it could exist, without being payed for.
    F2P means you get what you paid for. Pay nothing, get nothing.
    Even telemarketers wouldn't think that.
    It costs money to play.  Therefore P2W.

• DarLorkarDarLorkar Member UncommonPosts: 1,082
    MikeB said:
    I just looked into this. It won't be possible to bring back. Sorry. :(
    Thx for the info. The comments works fine for the posts i have been in and the join date was just nice to have not really important.
  • Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 4,403
    MikeB said:
    Volgore said:

Ah good thnx, I was looking for this too.  While different from the old forums it seems much much faster to access.

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.