Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

POST NEW FORUM BUGS / ISSUES HERE

Comments

• RhinotonesRhinotones Member UncommonPosts: 250
    Are the "spotlight" poster titles going to be reissued?

• jazz.bejazz.be Member UncommonPosts: 962
    edited August 2015
    MikeB said:
    jazz.be said:
    I will need to get used to the new forum in browser.
    The mobile version however is really messed up. Layout is really not neat. The page is completely white, I have no feeling at all where the different parts of the page are. Very confusing. It looks like those old HTML pages but with much more content (text).

Is this what it's suposed to look like?

Does not look like this for me. What device, OS version, etc?
    Samsung S6, Android 5.1.1 on both Chrome and stock browsers

EDIT: It's fixed now for me. I opened the browser in incognitor mode which ignores all cache and I get a nice forum layout now even with colors. So I went back to normal mode, cleared the cache, and it works fine now.
    Post edited by jazz.be on
  • VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,882
    When you get a notification about new badge, like: "You earned the 2500 Comments badge"
    The You -word is a link to http://forums.mmorpg.com/profile/You
    Clicking the link gives error message about user not found.

• waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769
    Meddle said:
    Please tell me which link you clicked on to get the ssl error. Also Firefox has extensions that will force all browsing to be done over ssl. 

Just trying to determine what's going on. Any specifics on how to recreate the issue helps me out a lot. 
    I just typed http://forum.mmorpg.com in a new firefox tab and it didn't get the error, so firefox isn't adding the S from that.  I don't know the link as it was on the recent post list and I can't find the post as I don't recall the exact title.  It won't be in the firefox history as it never made it to the page.

So to spell it out.
    1) I was on the main page (http://forum.mmorpg.com).
    2) clicked on a link in "current forum activity" section.
    3) the error came up.
    4) FYI, every time I went to that specific link it happened. I didn't have the problem on other links, although I didn't test for it.  So it could happen on other links.
    http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• kinkyJalepenokinkyJalepeno Member UncommonPosts: 1,044
    Hi there,

Since the new forums have popped up when I click a link on your daily digest email for an article, the first time I click it just takes me to the generic MMORPG front page, If I click the link a 2nd time it takes me to the intended page..  Its all quite odd..

Love the new forum look though by the way..  Much more modern.
  • Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    MikeB said:
    greenreen said:

I think it was just a timing issue. I just got one. Maybe it's doing groups of users by thousands or something.

You, Veepeeza, slyths, VaultFairy, devilution and 1029 others earned the First Anniversary badge.
    Thanks for sticking with us for a full year.

This one may just require waiting a bit to resolve because many ppl are on the system.
    Nope. Manually granted it to you. Not sure why you didn't get it on first login.
    I too guessed it's just a timing issue, and that I'm stuck in the queue somewhere... not that I'd be in a need of badges, not a big fan of this web2 gamification fad of the last few years :lol:
    But if it should be automatic, then just an fyi note, it's still not working properly :wink: 
  • KiyorisKiyoris Member RarePosts: 2,130
    Only thing I find weird is that edits are shown in red. It's weird that it is so pronounced.

Otherwise it's great, and the fact it is still a dark themed forum is great, I don't like white forums, way too bright.
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    In the profile section, there's badges for comments, and I received a notification that I had received a 10K comment badge (but in fact, none of the comment badges for 10K or lower are lit up on my screen, is this a bug?

Also, where's my badges for 15K and 20k :)

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• AthisarAthisar Member UncommonPosts: 666
    Not really an issue as such, but on the main forum page having the game icons down the left is a bit distracting. It'd be better to have them on the right, since we're reading from the left.
  • IkedaIkeda Member RarePosts: 2,751
    edited August 2015
    Why aren't the recents on the front page not showing the forum they're in?  For example, right now there is a post from Loki that is about "anti-zerg stat" but you can't see the GAME it's for.  All you see is Characters, Skills, Etc sub folder (which is useless in determining if I want to read a thread).
  • BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565
    Ikeda said:
    Why aren't the recents on the front page not showing the forum they're in?  For example, right now there is a post from Loki that is about "anti-zerg stat" but you can't see the GAME it's for.  All you see is Characters, Skills, Etc sub folder (which is useless in determining if I want to read a thread).

This one's known, and I believe @meddle and @skywisenight are working on it.

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,610
    When you goto a games header page like here....

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/gameId/952/EverQuest-Next.html

It does not show the forums for that game like it used to. 
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    Nanfoodle said:

Perhaps look at the two posts above yours?

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• mgilbrtsnmgilbrtsn Member EpicPosts: 3,430
    Not sure how best to show the error, so I'm putting it as a post.

I self identify as a monkey.

edited August 2015
    Kyleran said:
    Nanfoodle said:

Perhaps look at the two posts above yours?
    Not the same thing but maybe connected 
  • MeddleMeddle Administrator UncommonPosts: 758
    We still need to get the Nanfoodle said:

latest posts for games back into the detail pages. This is on the list. 

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

Meddle said:
    We still need to get the Nanfoodle said:

latest posts for games back into the detail pages. This is on the list. 
    Awesome thanks!!!! =-)
  • MendelMendel Member LegendaryPosts: 5,609
    edited August 2015
    Ikeda said:
    I was about to make the same observation, but got distracted (food arrived).  I was reading the 'This game is like EQ' topic that only said it was in 'General Discussion'.  No one in that post referenced an actual game, and it was only when I noticed the full directory name of Realm of the Fallen: General Discussions that I was able to figure out what game I was reading about.

This really cripples the effectiveness of the site, particularly the Recent Discussions page.  Without context in the title, it's just a guess if I want to read that topic.  An error like this should never have passed QA.  Oh, wait.  We're the QA.

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.

• MeddleMeddle Administrator UncommonPosts: 758
    Mendel said:
    Ikeda said:
    I was about to make the same observation, but got distracted (food arrived).  I was reading the 'This game is like EQ' topic that only said it was in 'General Discussion'.  No one in that post referenced an actual game, and it was only when I noticed the full directory name of Realm of the Fallen: General Discussions that I was able to figure out what game I was reading about.

This really cripples the effectiveness of the site, particularly the Recent Discussions page.  Without context in the title, it's just a guess if I want to read that topic.  An error like this should never have passed QA.  Oh, wait.  We're the QA.
    Looking at the feed we get to populate the recent posts areas we don't get parent category information back from posts created in sub categories.  I know @MikeB has some plans to merge some sub category forums into their parent categories.  Possibly this will help.

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

• MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555
    Meddle said:
    Mendel said:
    Ikeda said:

Looking at the feed we get to populate the recent posts areas we don't get parent category information back from posts created in sub categories.  I know @MikeB has some plans to merge some sub category forums into their parent categories.  Possibly this will help.
    Working on this right now, actually!
  • MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555
    MikeB said:
    Meddle said:
    Mendel said:
    Ikeda said:

Working on this right now, actually!
    Done!
  • mgilbrtsnmgilbrtsn Member EpicPosts: 3,430
    I think I posted this in the wrong place, I'll try to delete other thread.  I received this image, so I thought I would post.

I self identify as a monkey.

• V_DelacroixV_Delacroix Member CommonPosts: 6
    edited August 2015
    Heya. I have lost access to the thread about a game that was moved by moderator to ...Developers Corner/MMORPG Game Concepts

All I see when I open the link to my thread, or this particular section is blank page with text: "Permission Problem, You don't have permission to do that"

I can see this section in the mobile 'mode', but can't reply or do anything. Some help, please? 
  • KenFisherKenFisher Member UncommonPosts: 5,035
    Beta test results:  Tested changing account e-mail address and re-activation process.

Everything went smoothly.  No errors.  Forum is happy.

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.
  • KenFisherKenFisher Member UncommonPosts: 5,035
    Ignore list has "Unknown" as ignored user.

Since there is no ignored person, unignoring the user doesn't work.

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.