Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Thinking about playing

ArcsolArcsol Member UncommonPosts: 67
So I'm thinking about coming to AA, but I just want some input on what people think. I'll be able to play about 2-3 hours at a time.. So I'm wondering if that's enough to be competitive in AA. Any info is much appreciated!

Comments

• zaberfangxzaberfangx Member UncommonPosts: 1,796
    There many Arche Age hate on this forums, but yes you can be competitive if it's 2 or 3 hours a day, there are people doing it in arche age atm.
  • BoneserinoBoneserino Member UncommonPosts: 1,768

Huh..what?

Sorry, my eye was glued to your avatar there...image

FFA Nonconsentual Full Loot PvP ...You know you want it!!

• MothanosMothanos Member UncommonPosts: 1,910

I played it in beta and launch with a very competitive pvp guild, had alot of fun !

Then patch by patch this mmo showed more and more pay to win mechanins and exploits that turned away our players due to us working realy hard to stay on top of the food chain, but it just turned away from what was promised by XLGames / Trion....

They made it one of the worste pay to win games i ever played and when our GM left we followed.

In my opinion it could have been the game of the decade for mmo players :(
    Still sad that it turned out this way.

• SoloAnythingSoloAnything Member UncommonPosts: 308
    Originally posted by Arcsol
    So I'm thinking about coming to AA, but I just want some input on what people think. I'll be able to play about 2-3 hours at a time.. So I'm wondering if that's enough to be competitive in AA. Any info is much appreciated!

No need to be thinking it's free 2 play jump in and play.

2-3 hours a day you'll have fun but I don't think you'll be competitive unless you drop $$$

Remember competitive in a free 2 play means paying lots of real money.

• RokzRokz Member UncommonPosts: 7
    Definitely give it a go, I've just started playing in the last week. Absolutely hooked, joined a guild having a great time. Not really in to PvP but farming and crafting is great fun!

I'll be in the game for quite a while. Don't listen to the P2W cash shop crowd, it's a good game with PLENTY to do. I've already put money in cause I love the idea of owning land which is limited and valuable.
  • JDis25JDis25 Member RarePosts: 1,353
    I was thinking of going back, but it's a time consuming, expensive commitment for me.
    Now Playing: Bless / Summoners War
    Looking forward to: Crowfall / Lost Ark / Black Desert Mobile
  • DjevikDjevik Member UncommonPosts: 107
    I dont agree with people saying you can be competitive in AA if you just grind grind grind.. vs a player that uses his CC

I put this to test my self.. knowing that the game is all about RNG i tested it

I farmed up 5-10k gold just from selling archeum crystals and whatever else i got from jesterbags now this is back when hasla t3 came out and when i got the t3 bow I went to try and get it to divine...

now at the time the good scrolls that gave you a great increase on success was about 300g a piece.. or somehwere around there and the others were 200g.. now i bought a crap load of those..

in 3 mins i went from roughly 5-10k gold to 0 and barely got it back to were it started at..

Now it took me a couple weeks to farm that gold 8 hours killing skyfins on the cliff when the spot was not contested..
     had 2 paid accounts with larceny high.. roughly 30k didnt make a different IMO

now a player that can cc all day long can skip the whole farming process and even skip the t3 process and straight up and buy a divine delp weapon.. cost him 20-30k at that time but shit skip all the rng.. count me in

TLDR;
    point of my post is in AA its not really p2w its pay to advance way faster then the normal player.. you want to be competitive soon as you get to 55 then bust out the CC and you can get there.. but if not then its going to take you a couple months and you are going to get extremely frustrated in 1v1's even 5v5's 
  • WaanWaan Member UncommonPosts: 105
    Thinking of going back too, although I find it hard to orientate myself when returning to an MMO. AA doesn't make it easier with all the stuff that's going on. Still, I'd prefer not to start over.
    Probably going to give it a shot in a couple of weeks or so.