Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Matthew McConnaughey reacts to new Star Citizen trailer

Comments

• Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829

Hah, for a moment I actually thought he did some voice acting for the game, but the moment that video began to play I realized it was like one of those "Hitler reacts to..." videos.

The original trailer that guy made for SC is pretty awesome though.

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• KanethKaneth Member RarePosts: 2,286
    Hah, pretty good. The trailer itself though is pretty fantastic. 
  • WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,361
    that trailer costed millions ;) :P
  • goboygogoboygo Member RarePosts: 2,141
    What Matthew McConnaughey movie is that?
  • Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    Originally posted by goboygo

Interstellar if I'm not mistaken.

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• TswordZTswordZ Member UncommonPosts: 66
    lol, funny vid.
  • DocBrodyDocBrody Member UncommonPosts: 1,926
    Originally posted by Kaneth
    Hah, pretty good. The trailer itself though is pretty fantastic. 

it´s just a fan trailer but this guy does amazing work

• JonBonJawaJonBonJawa Member UncommonPosts: 489
    my goodness this is brilliant
  • FvonSFvonS Member UncommonPosts: 10
    Originally posted by goboygo

Interstellar if I'm not mistaken.

Correct, @Azaron_Nightblade, and I am sure CIG are being influenced by parts of it. At least that is one of the few sci-fi movies developers keep mentioning on the forums.
  • HarikenHariken Member EpicPosts: 2,680
    Looks like the Star Wars one someone did.
  • psiicpsiic Member RarePosts: 1,640
    So they pirated a current movie, gotta wonder if they have studio permission for that and if McConnaughey will sue for putting him in their movie without permission or compensation.

• Laughing-manLaughing-man Member RarePosts: 3,654
    psiic said:
    So they pirated a current movie, gotta wonder if they have studio permission for that and if McConnaughey will sue for putting him in their movie without permission or compensation.

It's a Parody, Fair use, look it up. 
    Hope that helps!
  • BoneserinoBoneserino Member UncommonPosts: 1,768
    Great

Now finish the damn game!

FFA Nonconsentual Full Loot PvP ...You know you want it!!

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    Great

Now finish the damn game!
    Beat me to it
    Rhoklaw said:
    I can see the hype train has resorted to fan made trailers of hope. I will say one thing though. Great job with the video editing and synchronizing, but I can only imagine how let down you'll be if you think SC will have this affect on anyone.
    I gotta disagree.   If I saw that game on my own screen in a playable state, I would pretty much be in awe too.  Maybe not crying though, lol.

But I am seriously tired of all the tease tease tease trailers and shit.

Why do we need more of this?  To sell more ships and raise more money?   Probably.

Just make the damn game so that we can all worship at the feet of RSI!

• TheutusTheutus Member UncommonPosts: 636
    I don't like them associating a cool movie like Intersteller with this cash grab, ship futures, "game".
  • ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,295

You DO realize that this is a fan made trailer, do you not ?

Have fun
    edited August 2015
    Rhoklaw said:
    Great job with the video editing and synchronizing, but I can only imagine how let down you'll be if you think SC will have this affect on anyone.
    it already has that effect, on many people, even before it´s sold as a finished game. I almost cried when I saw the mindboggling Gamescom demo, no kidding, this was the most epic thing I have seen in years. If ever.
    This event was writing game development history, live. Some people don´t even comprehend what amazing technology they showed there.
    Rhoklaw said:
    Actually, I believe they don't have a clue what they are doing, but that's because I'm not blinded by investment.
    Well, a great portion of the guys that DEVELOPED the CryEngine in the first place are now working for CIG and are hard at work on Star Citizen. They moved from Crytek to CIG.

Do you call THEM clueless too ?

Have fun
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    Erillion said:
    Rhoklaw said:
    Actually, I believe they don't have a clue what they are doing, but that's because I'm not blinded by investment.
    Well, a great portion of the guys that DEVELOPED the CryEngine in the first place are now working for CIG and are hard at work on Star Citizen. They moved from Crytek to CIG.

Do you call THEM clueless too ?

Have fun
    None of them are clueles. They clearly know how to develop games. They just have all the wrong priorities. Selling concepts of ships and building hype to absurd levels are wrong priorities. Maybe the decision maker is a bit clueles on the business side of things? I dont know, im not a businessman. But it doesnt take a rocket scientists to notice questionable actions.

None of them are clueles. They clearly know how to develop games. They just have all the wrong priorities. Selling concepts of ships and building hype to absurd levels are wrong priorities. Maybe the decision maker is a bit clueles on the business side of things? I dont know, im not a businessman. But it doesnt take a rocket scientists to notice questionable actions.
    None of THOSE people are working on (new) ships. There are artists and designers for that in the UK and US offices of CIG - and these ships are primarily needed for the Squadron 42 solo game anyway.

The hype is building itself - thats the nature of hype. CIG is certainly NOT putting 100 M$ into an ad campaign like EA or Ubisoft would.

Was everything they tried worthy of a noble price ? Certainly not. But the same holds true for all the other game developers - you just do not hear about it, because its not (semi) open development like in this crowdfunding project.

Have fun
  • Instigator-JonesInstigator-Jones Member UncommonPosts: 530
    Skuall said:
    that trailer costed millions ;) :P
    and Matt Mc's reaction was priceless ;D
    edited August 2015
    Rhoklaw said:
    Rhoklaw said:
    Great job with the video editing and synchronizing, but I can only imagine how let down you'll be if you think SC will have this affect on anyone.
    it already has that effect, on many people, even before it´s sold as a finished game. I almost cried when I saw the mindboggling Gamescom demo, no kidding, this was the most epic thing I have seen in years. If ever.
    This event was writing game development history, live. Some people don´t even comprehend what amazing technology they showed there.
    Amazing technology they can't even get to work with each other. They have yet to figure out how to get all these modules to work with one another seamlessly. Actually, I believe they don't have a clue what they are doing, but that's because I'm not blinded by investment.
    If you had the slightest clue you would have noticed that in fact these "modules" as you call them were working as one in the live demo.
    What modules are you even talking about, they are just rolled out as modules but as demonstrated it´s just seamless gameplay. Running around on foot, shooting, getting into a ship and doing stuff on board . So what the hell are you even talking about, just another statement from a "critic" that doesn´t make any sense.
    Erillion said:

You DO realize that this is a fan made trailer, do you not ?

Have fun
    No I didn't, my bad Erilion.

It was funny for sure but I have just seen and heard enough of this title.  So much hype to live up to.  I promise not to comment on any more SC threads, until I hear some positive news about releasing.