Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Most Competitive PVP game (inc mobas and mmorpgs)

A1D3NA1D3N Member UncommonPosts: 276
edited August 2015 in LFGame
looking for the most competitive pvp game out there, i take it seriously and i love to win, ive played many mobas but im still looking for a serious one, any suggestions out there id love to hear them,
an mmorpg would be great as i used to play Lineage2 and Legend of Mir back in the days just for the pvp.

cheers 

Currently Playing:
...... :(

Comments

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    Ive never seen a PvP game more competitive than fighting games.

• ComanComan Member UncommonPosts: 2,178
    edited August 2015
    Just check what game has the most price money at e-sports. My guess it's Dota 2/LoL and starcraft 2
  • OhhPaigeyOhhPaigey Member RarePosts: 1,517
    I think the most profitable one would be LoL > Dota > CS:GO > CoD > WoW
    When all is said and done, more is always said than done.
  • ComanComan Member UncommonPosts: 2,178
    edited August 2015
    http://www.esportsearnings.com/games

here you go.

Starcraft 1 is even still in the top 5
  • OhhPaigeyOhhPaigey Member RarePosts: 1,517
    Coman said:

here you go.

Surprising. I wonder if the places are still the same if you combine average Twitch/sponsors and stuff. I guess it would make sense if it was.
    When all is said and done, more is always said than done.
  • immodiumimmodium Member RarePosts: 2,610
    A1D3N said:
    im still looking for a serious one

Well that's totally down to you. Only you can take it seriously. Almost all games with PvP will be taken seriously by some people.

• A1D3NA1D3N Member UncommonPosts: 276
    Coman said:

here you go.

thats madness i had no idea you could earn money from playing like that,

i take all my pvp serousely,
    i would like a normal mmo for pvp, i like getting into a clan/guild and making friends and fighting with them and building up with them, so any suggestions for a strong in pvp mmo with something to fight for.

but thanks for them mobas, think im gonna download dota2 and give it a try :)

Currently Playing:

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    ESO 2-3 man group rivalries are sick.

Age of Wushu was ultra competitive.

Robcraft. Don't let the smooth taste fool you.

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • kemono55kemono55 Member UncommonPosts: 124
    edited August 2015
    Ive never seen a PvP game more competitive than fighting games.

What he said. If you really want to take pvp seriously, you should look into Tekken or Street Fighter.
  • kemono55kemono55 Member UncommonPosts: 124
    Also, I have to wonder what you put into "serious"?
    Is that a, "serious" about improving skills or a "serious" dislike loosing.
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    edited August 2015
    A1D3N said:
    Coman said:

here you go.

Starcraft 1 is even kstill in the top 5
    thats madness i had no idea you could earn money from playing like that,

i take all my pvp serousely,
    i would like a normal mmo for pvp, i like getting into a clan/guild and making friends and fighting with them and building up with them, so any suggestions for a strong in pvp mmo with something to fight for.

but thanks for them mobas, think im gonna download dota2 and give it a try :)
    Just so you know, some universities including some Ivy league schools offer "athletic" scholarships to play MOBAS like LOL.

For EVE I think the Mafia, a few latin drug cartels, and the US CIA offer similar programs.

I kid, I kid, in the latter examples it is more of a training simulator. ;)

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    The only real competetive pvp game I've been able to get into was Lineage 2. The seiges were my favorite part of the game, it's too bad they basically killed off the game for me. 

In recent time I've been playing a lot of World of Tanks and Smite to get a pvp fix, but those aren't really entirely balanced. I would look into any game that esports supports currently since those will be the only real games with any population to play pvp with. Even if they aren't really MMO's.
  • aGoldenGodaGoldenGod Member UncommonPosts: 12
    edited August 2015
    @A1D3N ;

http://risingthunder.com/

I suggest you check this out. It's free. It's super competitive. Similar to SF. Also awesome
  • dupablada201dupablada201 Member CommonPosts: 3
    Dota indeed. Speaking of mmorpg it will be Knight Online.
    im still struggling here, ive kinda given up on Mobas, i played heroes of the Storm for a week, enjoyed it untill i got into the big league and its more or less pay to win... if you buy the expensive heroes your very more likely to win in my opinion. anywayyyyy

im still looking for a nice pvp game, pref an MMORPG at the moment

whats age of wulin like these days?

Currently Playing:

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    A1D3N said:
    im still struggling here, ive kinda given up on Mobas, i played heroes of the Storm for a week, enjoyed it untill i got into the big league and its more or less pay to win... if you buy the expensive heroes your very more likely to win in my opinion. anywayyyyy

From what I hear it doesn't have nearly the population it used to but it might be tolerable to try out at least to see for yourself. Which sucks because that was the best thing about that game, huge population at launch tons of people everywhere lots of faction based pvp. 
  • MadatanMadatan Member UncommonPosts: 182
    A1D3N said:

HotS is not P2W, nor is Dota 2 or LoL. There might be some balance issues but you have to make it more than one week or you will never know.

MOBAs are extremely competitive and it will take insane amounts of time to be really good. Also you should probably find 4 people to play with to form a good partnership. MOBAs are all about the team.
    Madatan said:
    A1D3N said:

HotS is not P2W, nor is Dota 2 or LoL. There might be some balance issues but you have to make it more than one week or you will never know.

MOBAs are extremely competitive and it will take insane amounts of time to be really good. Also you should probably find 4 people to play with to form a good partnership. MOBAs are all about the team.
    to be honest i find myself pritty good at mobas, i played strife for a few months with a 60% win rate and over 250h played, also played HoN for a few years, got a pritty high mmr in that.
    i just find to unlock heroes in HotS takes far too long, 30g for a win, and some heroes being 15000 to unlock, thats a stupid amount of games, if i win them all

and with Dota, i just didnt like it, cudnt get into it, not sure why

Currently Playing:

• MadatanMadatan Member UncommonPosts: 182
    A1D3N said:
    Madatan said:
    A1D3N said:

to be honest i find myself pritty good at mobas, i played strife for a few months with a 60% win rate and over 250h played, also played HoN for a few years, got a pritty high mmr in that.
    i just find to unlock heroes in HotS takes far too long, 30g for a win, and some heroes being 15000 to unlock, thats a stupid amount of games, if i win them all

and with Dota, i just didnt like it, cudnt get into it, not sure why
    Fair enough. It's not to your liking, I accept that.

Considered GW2 for PvP? They wanted it to be considered an E-sport, not sure how that goes these days. But their warzone typ of PvP is pretty competitive with leagues and tournaments.
  • OGDeathRowOGDeathRow Member UncommonPosts: 129
    @A1D3N league of legends is probobably the top moba right now. 

If you dont mind old school graphics and spending some cash, Conquer online has fast and crazy wars. Massive guild wars and arena matches everyday plus tournaments every few days. its my pvp fix
  • 5ubzer05ubzer0 Member UncommonPosts: 72
    Try GW2. Learn to play a couple of classes, get into a competitive team and play ranked tournaments. It's the most fun I've had since the good old days of WAR. There's no gear grind, you can pvp right away.
  • Sid_ViciousSid_Vicious Member RarePosts: 2,177
    Checkout Darkfall Unholy Wars... its very group oriented and fun to play.

NEWS FLASH! "A bank was robbed the other day and a man opened fire on the customers being held hostage. One customer zig-zag sprinted until he found cover. When questioned later he explained that he was a hardcore gamer and knew just what to do!" Download my music for free! I release several albums per month as part of project "Thee Untitled" . .. some video game music remixes and cover songs done with instruments in there as well! http://theeuntitled.bandcamp.com/ Check out my roleplaying blog, collection of fictional short stories, and fantasy series... updated on a blog for now until I am finished! https://childrenfromtheheavensbelow.blogspot.com/ Watch me game on occasion or make music... https://www.twitch.tv/spoontheeuntitled and subscribe! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUvqULn678VrF3OasgnbsyA

• KieferCKieferC Member UncommonPosts: 35
    Pirates of the Burning Sea is still kicking and the pvp remains a solid experience, if not hampered by a few new mechanics.

http://forums.burningsea.com/

https://play.burningsea.com/

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247
    bcbully said:
    ESO 2-3 man group rivalries are sick.

Age of Wushu was ultra competitive.

Robcraft. Don't let the smooth taste fool you.

I'll second Age of Wushu and Robocraft, and throw EVE Online in there, too. 

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• simsalabim77simsalabim77 Member RarePosts: 1,607
    LoL is the most competitive PVP game in the world.