Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Gigantic | Phinney on Alpha, Beta, Meta | MMORPG

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited August 2015 in News & Features Discussion

imageGigantic | Phinney on Alpha, Beta, Meta | MMORPG

It’s been almost a year since Motiga’s action-brawler-shooter-MOBA entered alpha. With closed beta just around the corner, we caught up with Creative Director James Phinney at Gamescom. In a packed interview, we discussed the technical challenges the studio has faced, how depth, strategy and skill has been baked in, the deal with Microsoft, and more.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565
    I really like the look of this one. Like SMITE, I can see myself playing it a lot. But I still think traditional MMORPGs are where my time feels better spent.

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

• BitripBitrip Member UncommonPosts: 279
    I really like the look of this one. Like SMITE, I can see myself playing it a lot. But I still think traditional MMORPGs are where my time feels better spent.
    I played LoL when it first came out. My friends still play to this day, but I feel like those hour long matches are time I'll never get back. I feel like somewhere around 20 minutes would be a sweet spot. I often find myself taking a break from my main MMORPG to want to play something else. 20 minute matches would be perfect.

Now, which one of you will adorn me today?

• GazimoffGazimoff Staff WriterMember UncommonPosts: 225
    Bitrip said:
    I often find myself taking a break from my main MMORPG to want to play something else. 20 minute matches would be perfect.
    I know what you mean. For me, Vain Glory has filled that hole - matches are short, the strategy is easy to grasp, and I feel like I get something for my efforts. We managed to squeeze in two matches in 45 minutes at Gamescom, and I feel that's about the right length.
    Player of games, smither of words, former of opinions, and masher of keys. WildStar Columnist
    Currently playing: WildStar, Guild Wars 2, EVE Online, Vain Glory.
  • BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565
    Gazimoff said:
    Bitrip said:
    I often find myself taking a break from my main MMORPG to want to play something else. 20 minute matches would be perfect.
    I know what you mean. For me, Vain Glory has filled that hole - matches are short, the strategy is easy to grasp, and I feel like I get something for my efforts. We managed to squeeze in two matches in 45 minutes at Gamescom, and I feel that's about the right length.
    That's what HotS does well, the timing. But I prefer Gigantic's 3rd-person gameplay. Looking forward to it!

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

• GettCoupedGettCouped Member UncommonPosts: 47
    If one might have played this game, one might say the game is awesome.
  • OhhPaigeyOhhPaigey Member RarePosts: 1,517
    I feel bad lol.. I got invited to the last beta & downloaded it.. But I never got around to actually playing it.
    When all is said and done, more is always said than done.
  • XanzoXanzo Member UncommonPosts: 129
    Win 10 required. No thanks.
  • DjevikDjevik Member UncommonPosts: 107
    i be checking this game out for sure, like bill said HotS differently feels the hole for short games 15-25mins a game is nice but you still got people that want to last hit minions.. >.< dang you League of Legends.. :expressionless: 
  • CaimieCaimie Member UncommonPosts: 9
    Highly enjoyed this game at Gamescom even though I am not a big fan of moba's or pvp.
  • VaultFairyVaultFairy Member UncommonPosts: 566
    I'll wait for Overwatch. This game just doesn't do it for me.
  • BlecodBlecod Member UncommonPosts: 43
    Honestly this game was the highlight of gamescom for me.