Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

POST NEW FORUM BUGS / ISSUES HERE

Comments

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657
    edited August 2015
    When on any forum page clicking on the MMORPG.com trademark or the Home page button takes me to the Home page. The home page shows I am not logged into the site and asks for name and password.  While on the home page if I then click the Forums button I am taken to the main forums page and I am shown as being logged in. 

I've been on the site for several hours and have not visited the front page for most of them. 

Addition: I'm using Chrome. I just closed my browser and restarted it. The home page still doesn't show me as being logged in. While not logged in on the home page if I click on the Forums button on the home page then it changes to the forums and I am still logged in.
    "I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • KenFisherKenFisher Member UncommonPosts: 5,035
    Grunty said:
    When on any forum page clicking on the MMORPG.com trademark or the Home page button takes me to the Home page. The home page shows I am not logged into the site and asks for name and password.  While on the home page if I then click the Forums button I am taken to the main forums page and I am shown as being logged in. 

I've been on the site for several hours and have not visited the front page for most of them. 

Addition: I'm using Chrome. I just closed my browser and restarted it. The home page still doesn't show me as being logged in. Clicking on the Forums button on the home page opens a tab to the forums and I am still logged in.

The new forum is remotely hosted.  It looks like site and forum have their own authentication system.

I tried logging out from main site, and I was still logged in here on the forum.

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.
  • MeddleMeddle Administrator UncommonPosts: 758
    Grunty said:

Addition: I'm using Chrome. I just closed my browser and restarted it. The home page still doesn't show me as being logged in. While not logged in on the home page if I click on the Forums button on the home page then it changes to the forums and I am still logged in.
    Yes the SSO login only works in one direction from the site -> forums.  The forums session length is indefinite so it's possible to timeout your login on the main site while on the forums and experience what you're seeing.  I have an idea about what could help with that and will be trying it out once we get the more major issues out of the way.

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

Nanfoodle said:
    Meddle said:
    Nanfoodle said:
    I cant post on the Android app with my Samsung browser. I am stuck in a loop. Says I need to sign in, I click sign in and it takes me to the home page. I am already logged in. I click the forum and I am not logged in there, I click log in and well, thats the loop lol

EDIT: Same thing happens with Android Chrome browser.
    EDIT2: Same thing on Android Firefox.
    Can you give me a step by step including the exact links you click to make this happen?
    1. Goto mmorpg.com, shows I am logged in
    2. Click one of the top forum posts off the main page. It takes me to the forum page
    3. It shows me a button or a link depending on the app to sign in
    4. I click sign in and it takes me to the main home page mmorpg.com and shows I am logged in
    5. I click back on the forum post I want to post on and it takes me to the forum. 
    6. Again depending on the browser I see a sign in button or a link. I click sign in and
    7. I am back on the home page already logged in. 

Kinda getting no where lol

EDIT: This is on Samsung browser, Chrome and Firefox on my Note 3 5.0.0 phone
    OK, yes this is a known issue if logged in and clicking through the current forum activity area.  If you click through the forums tab or other links into the forum you'll be logged in and things will work.  The current forum activity issue will be fixed up tomorrow am.

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

Iselin said:
    First of all, the forums are working great in Edge - I was having a few weird issues with the other one using that browser. Also very nice and quick using my iPad's Safari.

I found a problem with the link to the forum off "Favorite Games" on the main site. The "Articles" and "News" links work fine since they link to main site pages but the "Forum" link goes to a "Page Not Found" error page in the new forum.
    This has been fixed!

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

Meddle said:
    Nanfoodle said:
    Meddle said:
    Nanfoodle said:
    I cant post on the Android app with my Samsung browser. I am stuck in a loop. Says I need to sign in, I click sign in and it takes me to the home page. I am already logged in. I click the forum and I am not logged in there, I click log in and well, thats the loop lol

EDIT: Same thing happens with Android Chrome browser.
    EDIT2: Same thing on Android Firefox.
    Can you give me a step by step including the exact links you click to make this happen?
    1. Goto mmorpg.com, shows I am logged in
    2. Click one of the top forum posts off the main page. It takes me to the forum page
    3. It shows me a button or a link depending on the app to sign in
    4. I click sign in and it takes me to the main home page mmorpg.com and shows I am logged in
    5. I click back on the forum post I want to post on and it takes me to the forum. 
    6. Again depending on the browser I see a sign in button or a link. I click sign in and
    7. I am back on the home page already logged in. 

Kinda getting no where lol

EDIT: This is on Samsung browser, Chrome and Firefox on my Note 3 5.0.0 phone
    OK, yes this is a known issue if logged in and clicking through the current forum activity area.  If you click through the forums tab or other links into the forum you'll be logged in and things will work.  The current forum activity issue will be fixed up tomorrow am.
    This has also been fixed!

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

• AeolynAeolyn Member UncommonPosts: 350
    Is there no way to respond directly to posts anymore? All I get is this "Leave a Comment" at the very bottom of the pages.. oh and could you please put the page links(1,2,3...) at the top of the pages too please?
  • elockeelocke Member UncommonPosts: 4,335
    edited August 2015
    Figured out my sig issue, seems the main page still has it's own profile that doesn't talk to the profile here in the forums.  I was able to find the sig options here though and fix the issue I was having.  Need to maybe consolidate both profiles or get rid of the old one while keeping this new one.
    Post edited by elocke on
    Aeolyn said:
    Is there no way to respond directly to posts anymore? All I get is this "Leave a Comment" at the very bottom of the pages.. oh and could you please put the page links(1,2,3...) at the top of the pages too please?

Like a reply without quote.  That's what I often used on the old forum.

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.
  • DarkVagabondDarkVagabond Member UncommonPosts: 340
    There are three inch margins on both sides of the screen doing nothing, you should fix that.
  • waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769
    Meddle said:

waynejr2 said:
    Meddle said:
    waynejr2 said:
    Firefox is complaining:  This Connection is Untrusted

You have asked Firefox to connect securely to forums.mmorpg.com, but we can't confirm that your connection is secure.

Normally, when you try to connect securely, sites will present trusted identification to prove that you are going to the right place. However, this site's identity can't be verified.
    What Should I Do?

If you usually connect to this site without problems, this error could mean that someone is trying to impersonate the site, and you shouldn't continue.

forums.mmorpg.com uses an invalid security certificate.

The certificate is only valid for the following names:
      *.vanillaforums.com, vanillaforums.com 

(Error code: ssl_error_bad_cert_domain)

Yes.  We do not have an ssl cert for our site.  Are you getting this error from a link or are you typing in https://forums.mmorpg.com?
    FYI, clicking on that link in your post causes the problem if you need clarification.
    Yes of course but there are no links on our pages that use https:// all should be http:// which would not throw a ssl cert error.
    I understand that just reporting it.  If it wasn't clear to you, I wasn't typing it in ever.  It was clicking a link on your page that caused it to come up.  Your comment makes it sound like you are saying I added the httpS
    http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

Please tell me which link you clicked on to get the ssl error. Also Firefox has extensions that will force all browsing to be done over ssl. 

Just trying to determine what's going on. Any specifics on how to recreate the issue helps me out a lot. 

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

Found a new one.

Clicked the MMORPG.com logo and got this from Opera.

ZombieKen said:
    Found a new one.

That's a strange one.  You were logged in here then clicked on the top logo and ended up with the redirect loop?

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

Meddle said:
    ZombieKen said:
    Found a new one.

That's a strange one.  You were logged in here then clicked on the top logo and ended up with the redirect loop?

Yes.  As I see it, failed login redirects to autologin, which of course fails.

The bug shows up after a password update.

That's it. I'll get it sorted soon. 

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

Torval said:
    Replying to a thread no longer auto bookmarks it. The old forum behavior had this as an option I believe but the new one does not. I'm not sure if that is intended behavior or not.
    I'm not sure if we have an option to turn that on. I'll look into it. 

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

• KefoKefo Member EpicPosts: 4,229
    Internet Explorer dies a horrible horrible death if you try to open up any forum. This is on windows 10. The page will just freeze up and need to either kill the window through the taskbar by closing everything or when that fails 50% of the time then killing IE through task manager
    Kefo said:
    Internet Explorer dies a horrible horrible death if you try to open up any forum. This is on windows 10. The page will just freeze up and need to either kill the window through the taskbar by closing everything or when that fails 50% of the time then killing IE through task manager
    Is this using the new edge browser?

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

• KefoKefo Member EpicPosts: 4,229
    Meddle said:
    Kefo said:

Actually no, just loaded up edge and it works fine. Its the run of the mill normal IE 11 that hates the forums for some reason
  • fearufearu Member UncommonPosts: 288
    edited August 2015
    I have been a forum member for years yet somehow I can't make a new post because I don't have enough points.

Really?

Edit: because I made this post I can now make a post. Guys..

Also WTF is the deal with me being uncommon and what happen to my join date on the left side? These forums have less functionality and more social media blingy bits that I don't care about.
    Kefo said:
    Meddle said:
    Kefo said:

Actually no, just loaded up edge and it works fine. Its the run of the mill normal IE 11 that hates the forums for some reason
    Got it. We'll test that. Thanks

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

• infomatzinfomatz Member UncommonPosts: 2
    In the comment section, making longer comments seem to overlap with the 'flag' and 'quote' buttons, I can't read the last line (Chrome x64, latest version, Win7 x64):

infomatz said:
    In the comment section, making longer comments seem to overlap with the 'flag' and 'quote' buttons, I can't read the last line (Chrome x64, latest version, Win7 x64):

This one is a known issue and is on the list to fix. Thanks!

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

• fearufearu Member UncommonPosts: 288
    When you hover over the items in the notification preferences they "white out" and you cannot read them.