Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

POST NEW FORUM BUGS / ISSUES HERE

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] UncommonPosts: 0
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555
    MMOman101 said:
    MikeB said:
    MMOman101 said:
    As a note, the green names are showing up superimposed over the first line of text for me.  Using Firefox. 
    No issues here (on FF). Can you please post a screenshot? TY!
    Doubt it.  I actually hate the layout.  I know this layout is more popular now, but I liked the classic look of the old one.  Just my preference. 

It seems there is no way to get to the root profile page unless you go through the home page.

Also I still don't see a way to hide location on this site. 

Oh, the default image is horrible. 

Your location should be hidden by default, I believe. You can visit your profile by clicking your name at the very top of the page or anywhere else your username appears. You can edit your profile by clicking the cog at the top of the page.
  • MMOman101MMOman101 Member UncommonPosts: 1,786
    MikeB said:
    MMOman101 said:
    MikeB said:
    MMOman101 said:
    As a note, the green names are showing up superimposed over the first line of text for me.  Using Firefox. 
    Doubt it.  I actually hate the layout.  I know this layout is more popular now, but I liked the classic look of the old one.  Just my preference. 

It seems there is no way to get to the root profile page unless you go through the home page.

Your location should be hidden by default, I believe. You can visit your profile by clicking your name at the very top of the page or anywhere else your username appears. You can edit your profile by clicking the cog at the top of the page.

MikeB said:
    MMOman101 said:
    MikeB said:
    MMOman101 said:

I only seem to be able to reach:
    http://www.mmorpg.com/settings.cfm?subaction=profile

through the home page.

I only seem to be able to access the from the new layout:

“It's unwise to pay too much, but it's worse to pay too little. When you pay too much, you lose a little money - that's all. When you pay too little, you sometimes lose everything, because the thing you bought was incapable of doing the thing it was bought to do. The common law of business balance prohibits paying a little and getting a lot - it can't be done. If you deal with the lowest bidder, it is well to add something for the risk you run, and if you do that you will have enough to pay for something better.”

--John Ruskin

greenreen said:
    Badges aren't all triggering.

I see some for years on the site and my profile doesn't show any for that.

Example from "Leaderboard" showing badges.
    Arezon, ToneFish, farore, fs23otm, Quizzical and 899 others earned the Second Anniversary badge.
    Thanks for sticking with us for 2 years.

Odd. I've granted you both just now.
    MMOman101 said:
    MikeB said:
    MMOman101 said:
    MikeB said:
    MMOman101 said:

MikeB said:
    MMOman101 said:
    MikeB said:
    MMOman101 said:

I only seem to be able to reach:
    http://www.mmorpg.com/settings.cfm?subaction=profile

Yeah, ignore this. It's just a relic from the old setup. All relevant profile settings are the ones you copied
    greenreen said:
    greenreen said:
    Badges aren't all triggering.

I see some for years on the site and my profile doesn't show any for that.

Example from "Leaderboard" showing badges.
    Arezon, ToneFish, farore, fs23otm, Quizzical and 899 others earned the Second Anniversary badge.
    Thanks for sticking with us for 2 years.

I think it was just a timing issue. I just got one. Maybe it's doing groups of users by thousands or something.

You, Veepeeza, slyths, VaultFairy, devilution and 1029 others earned the First Anniversary badge.
    Thanks for sticking with us for a full year.

This one may just require waiting a bit to resolve because many ppl are on the system.
    Nope. Manually granted it to you. Not sure why you didn't get it on first login.
    MikeB said:
    Comments below articles appear to be borked.  They don't show up at all for me.
    They work if you view them through the newsroom. Article links seem borked, yeah, we're looking into it.

EDIT: Do you happen to be on Firefox? Seems to work on Chrome but not FF for me.
    Affirmative; I'm using Firefox.
    We've fixed this on our end. Is it showing OK for you now?
    MikeB said:
    MikeB said:
    Comments below articles appear to be borked.  They don't show up at all for me.
    They work if you view them through the newsroom. Article links seem borked, yeah, we're looking into it.

EDIT: Do you happen to be on Firefox? Seems to work on Chrome but not FF for me.
    Affirmative; I'm using Firefox.
    We've fixed this on our end. Is it showing OK for you now?
    Actually, yes.  I was just about to edit my last post saying it's working now, but you were too fast! =)
    Woot! Thanks so much! Gave you a Bug Squasher badge. :)
    Breaking the quote train for simplicity.  I see no way of updating my profile, location, email, hide age or location, ect from the those options.  Can you please let me know where those settings are. 

Thanks

“It's unwise to pay too much, but it's worse to pay too little. When you pay too much, you lose a little money - that's all. When you pay too little, you sometimes lose everything, because the thing you bought was incapable of doing the thing it was bought to do. The common law of business balance prohibits paying a little and getting a lot - it can't be done. If you deal with the lowest bidder, it is well to add something for the risk you run, and if you do that you will have enough to pay for something better.”

--John Ruskin

• MeddleMeddle Administrator UncommonPosts: 758
    jazz.be said:
    I will need to get used to the new forum in browser.
    The mobile version however is really messed up. Layout is really not neat. The page is completely white, I have no feeling at all where the different parts of the page are. Very confusing. It looks like those old HTML pages but with much more content (text).

Is this what it's suposed to look like?

No it's not.  We'll get it fixed up.

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

MMOman101 said:
    Breaking the quote train for simplicity.  I see no way of updating my profile, location, email, hide age or location, ect from the those options.  Can you please let me know where those settings are. 

Thanks
    Can you see if you can edit your location from the profile now? I added it in. I don't think e-mail, age, and such are options you'll be able to edit, however. These aren't displayed publicly to anyone anyways.
  • MeddleMeddle Administrator UncommonPosts: 758
    MMOman101 said:

Thanks
    Some profile options are going to still live on the root site.  The direct forum options will be here.  We will be working on a way to combine the two but until then the base forum settings will be updated here and the normal MMORPG.com settings like email, location etc will be on the root site like before.

Some data like your email and avatar if updated on MMORPG.com do transfer here when you visit the forum logged in the next time around.

This was a massive integration to perform merging our legacy site with the new forum platform.  We're still working on ironing things out.  Hopefully you'll bear with us :)

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

MikeB said:
    MMOman101 said:

Thanks
    Can you see if you can edit your location from the profile now? I added it in. I don't think e-mail, age, and such are options you'll be able to edit, however. These aren't displayed publicly to anyone anyways.
    Do you mean we will never be able to update our email, or just until other issues have been dealt with?

--John Ruskin

I just checked and it works.  Thanks,

--John Ruskin

MMOman101 said:
    MikeB said:
    MMOman101 said:

Thanks
    Do you mean we will never be able to update our email, or just until other issues have been dealt with?
    Unsure. @Meddle ?
    greenreen said:
    On the Profile page when adjusting a signature there is a sentence that seems incomplete. It might be suggesting a character count? Unknown.

"Use up to . "

See screenshot. FF39.
    There are a couple pages in the profile area that need fixing (the ones that say undefined). We'll be getting to them ASAP.
  • A1D3NA1D3N Member UncommonPosts: 276
    MikeB said:
    Hey everyone.

New forums are live (duh!). Please post any issues or bugs you find here!
    ive been a member of this website and i post for god knows how long, yet i cannt make a thread..... wtf has happened......

Currently Playing:
    ...... :(

• eye_meye_m Member UncommonPosts: 3,317
    edited August 2015
    really slow screen response to the words I am typing into the comment window

EDIT: I am using MS Edge currently, on a 64bit piece of Acer garbage. Word doesn't have any lag from typing though

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

I enjoy the serenity of not caring what your opinion is.

I don't hate much, but I hate Apple© with a passion. If Steve Jobs was alive, I would punch him in the face.

A1D3N said:
    MikeB said:
    Hey everyone.

New forums are live (duh!). Please post any issues or bugs you find here!
    ive been a member of this website and i post for god knows how long, yet i cannt make a thread..... wtf has happened......
    You should be able to. Try again?
    eye_m said:
    Working fine for me. Browser/OS version?
    MikeB said:
    eye_m said:
    using chrome, rather i am blind or its just not there

Currently Playing:

A1D3N said:
    MikeB said:
    eye_m said:
    ok its there now, i didnt have enough points or something? whatever that means idk
    but sorted

Currently Playing:

A1D3N said:
    A1D3N said:
    MikeB said:
    eye_m said:
    ok its there now, i didnt have enough points or something? whatever that means idk
    but sorted
    Yeah, new users start out as Common, which doesn't allow them to create threads. I might turn this off, but it's super simple to earn enough points to get to Uncommon (add an avatar, mention someone e.g. @MikeB in a post, and you're done). It was just intended as a roadblock to spammers. Did you see the message talking about all of this at the top of the screen? Or was it not visible enough? If it's too confusing, I'll probably just can it.