Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Our new forum reflects the state of gaming today.

Comments

• FomaldehydeJimFomaldehydeJim Member UncommonPosts: 673
    edited August 2015
    These forums look much better. Except my chicken has suddenly got fat. 
  • waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769
    Honestly... who cares about being "liked" or not by some random, unknown person on the Internet ?

I hearted this, because EXACTLY. It's purely fluff content for our forums.

I am still looking to get a forum title of "forum jerk!".
    http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• JudgeUKJudgeUK Member RarePosts: 1,679
    Why did you remove the recent forum posts off the main screen?

Can you put that feature back please.

One of these days, someone's idea for improvement will actually result in that thing being better.......one of these days.
  • B14cKs0LB14cKs0L Member UncommonPosts: 152
    I "lol'd" your post, and now I'm mentioning you. @Scot ;
    I, for one, welcome our new gamified forums.

@ BillMurphyBillMurphy : As long as the new forums don't go PTW it's all good!
  • BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565
    JudgeUK said:

One of these days, someone's idea for improvement will actually result in that thing being better.......one of these days.
    Yep, it's coming. Later today. Don't sweat. :)

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

• spankybusspankybus Member UncommonPosts: 1,367
    spankybus said:
    StarI said:
    spankybus said:
    OK, where did the '5 recently posted forums banner' go on the front page of MMORPG. It was the biggest draw of your site for me as I could see what people we talking about at a glance; Where did it go?
    If you click on the forums tab it's still there, in a new form tho.
    Daft. Sure, its helpful at the start of the forums section for sure, but it should also be on the cover page of the site.  When I come to this site, I want to see everything at a glance....articles, videos, and recent forums chats. All of these things are great for keeping up with what is going on, not just via articles, but based on what people are talking about. Half the time, someone has posted a forum hit on something news-worthy before the MMO staff can even write about it.

Being honest, if I have to dig for that section now I prolly wont use it anymore....i'll just forget about it.

As noted in the main suggestions/bugs thread (here - http://forums.mmorpg.com/discussion/438132/post-new-forum-bugs-issues-here ), it's coming back soon! Should be up today, we hope.
    Hexellent!

Frank 'Spankybus' Mignone
    www.spankybus.com
    -3d Artist & Compositor
    -Writer
    -Professional Amature

• B14cKs0LB14cKs0L Member UncommonPosts: 152
    JudgeUK said:

Don't forget the join date under our avatar!
  • MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555
    B14cKs0L said:
    JudgeUK said:

Don't forget the join date under our avatar!
    Still visible in your profile.
  • JudgeUKJudgeUK Member RarePosts: 1,679
    B14cKs0L said:
    I "lol'd" your post, and now I'm mentioning you. @Scot ;
    I, for one, welcome our new gamified forums.

@ BillMurphyBillMurphy : As long as the new forums don't go PTW it's all good!
    Pay To Write? 
  • FirstKnight117FirstKnight117 Member UncommonPosts: 109
    <wakes up from slumber> Wait...what? OMG WHERE ARE THE FORUM STARS :(
  • MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555
    edited August 2015
    <wakes up from slumber> Wait...what? OMG WHERE ARE THE FORUM STARS :(
    You get persistent ranks now instead. :) Add an avatar and mention someone (use @username) to get promoted to Uncommon!
  • Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    Meh, it usually takes a few days to get use to when something changes like this but it will be fine and we wont think of it at all in a week. The forum looked more or less the same for so long time that it just look a bit weird right now.
    I don't see myself using features like Lol and awesome that much though.
  • hockeyplayrhockeyplayr Member UncommonPosts: 604
    edited August 2015
    I lost my stars :(.  However I am now common while everyone else seems to be uncommon
  • NaowutNaowut Member UncommonPosts: 663
    Tamanous said:
    I truly believe the "lol" option at the bottom of each post is a very bad idea. Every single forum that uses it has it corrupted by it being used to insult the poster as "laughing at" and not in good humor.

Best to take it right off.
    Now THAT's the state of todays everything. 

I can AGREE, think its AWESOME or INSIGHTFUL, but I can't find it so rediculous that it makes me LOL?
    Just like you only LIKE stuff on facebook.. Its stupid.

Reminds me of the new games these days where it only shows you your KILLS and not your DEATHS cause it might upset you.
  • mgilbrtsnmgilbrtsn Member EpicPosts: 3,430
    I lol'd, until I realized..... I've been 'uncommon'ed' also!!!!

I self identify as a monkey.

• Vermillion_RaventhalVermillion_Raventhal Member EpicPosts: 4,198
    What is going on with the not being able to create a post?
  • Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    One thing I do really like is that the forum is way faster now. As soon as I hit "post*" it actually does it instead of thinking for a while.
  • HeretiqueHeretique Member RarePosts: 1,535
    MikeB, you have not disappointed me.
  • BitripBitrip Member UncommonPosts: 279
    edited August 2015
    Oh yay, the new forums are like Marvel Heroes forums. But...but...where is the disagree button?!

Now, which one of you will adorn me today?

• BrutiiBrutii Member UncommonPosts: 42
    Sephros said:
    StarI said:
    Cname said:
    I just want to say thank you to staff of MMORPG.COM fpr their hardwork and effort that went in to upgrade the forum.

Not everyone may agree with the new format and I realized that I myself need sometime to get use to it.

But I am glad that MMORPG.COM has continue the tradition of making its forum F2P without any pay2win features :3

Testing out if my first quote or smiley use gets me a new badge. We are suposed to grind for badges, maybe? It's an mmo forum afterall  o:)
    Wait!! Badges for first quote?? Count me in  :awesome:  =)
    @Sephros ; Let me try this aswell =)
    You must gather your party before venturing forth.
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,505
    Well, you're not a completely unknown person to me Bill... =P Thanks anyway.
    Likely I'll be flagging many of your posts as "insightful"

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• fs23otmfs23otm Member RarePosts: 506
    Wow this look will take some getting used to..
  • observerobserver Member RarePosts: 3,685
    Scot said:

Built for tablets and smartphones and over connected to social media. I got an award of some sort for posting a photo (cringe). I did not hear a ping but then my sound is switched of. The hype is already not being lived up to but then it never is.

I have the small mercy of not yet being liked or disliked, but that will soon become a thing of the past.

Where are my rose tinted spectacles, as that's what we are supposed wear at times like these? As always we gamers will carry on posting regardless of the nonsense these forums will no doubt throw at us.

(sigh) I was just promoted to Uncommon.

It's not really a big deal.  Web design changes as time goes on, and so do gaming genres.  If not, we'd still be using forum design 15 years ago.
  • unfilteredJWunfilteredJW Member RarePosts: 388
    I am confused and angry!

RABBLE RABBLE

I'm a MUDder. I play MUDs.

Current: Dragonrealms

• Superman0XSuperman0X Member RarePosts: 2,292
    Is there a list of possible badges for those of us that like to check off boxes?