Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Our new forum reflects the state of gaming today.

Comments

• XarkoXarko Member EpicPosts: 1,180
    They didnt even have balls to put the disagree button in. I guess its to avoid todays fragile kids crumble under the pressure of someone disagreeing with them.
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    Xarko said:
    They didnt even have balls to put the disagree button in. I guess its to avoid todays fragile kids crumble under the pressure of someone disagreeing with them.

I think likes are bad enough, having dislikes as well is just awful.

I just noticed the Leader board, going to vote for that to go now. Why include such nonsense? We come on here to post about MMOs and games, not to win a contest.

• CrazKanukCrazKanuk Member EpicPosts: 6,130
    Scot said:

Built for tablets and smartphones and over connected to social media. I got an award of some sort for posting a photo (cringe). I did not hear a ping but then my sound is switched of. The hype is already not being lived up to but then it never is.

I have the small mercy of not yet being liked or disliked, but that will soon become a thing of the past.

Where are my rose tinted spectacles, as that's what we are supposed wear at times like these? As always we gamers will carry on posting regardless of the nonsense these forums will no doubt throw at us.

(sigh) I was just promoted to Uncommon.

Awwwww man!!! I wanna be uncommon!!! Actually, I'd like to be Rare. Is that even a thing? Bill, can I buy an RNG crate from the cash shop? Oh gawd! Where's the cash shop? Did I not pay enough to see the cash shop?

Crazkanuk

----------------
    Azarelos - 90 Hunter - Emerald
    Durnzig - 90 Paladin - Emerald
    Demonicron - 90 Death Knight - Emerald Dream - US
    Tankinpain - 90 Monk - Azjol-Nerub - US
    Brindell - 90 Warrior - Emerald Dream - US
    ----------------

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    CrazKanuk said:
    Scot said:

Built for tablets and smartphones and over connected to social media. I got an award of some sort for posting a photo (cringe). I did not hear a ping but then my sound is switched of. The hype is already not being lived up to but then it never is.

I have the small mercy of not yet being liked or disliked, but that will soon become a thing of the past.

Where are my rose tinted spectacles, as that's what we are supposed wear at times like these? As always we gamers will carry on posting regardless of the nonsense these forums will no doubt throw at us.

Awwwww man!!! I wanna be uncommon!!! Actually, I'd like to be Rare. Is that even a thing? Bill, can I buy an RNG crate from the cash shop? Oh gawd! Where's the cash shop? Did I not pay enough to see the cash shop?

At least some posters get I was not 100% serious. :)
  • BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565
    Scot said:
    Xarko said:

I just noticed the Leader board, going to vote for that to go now. Why include such nonsense? We come on here to post about MMOs and games, not to win a contest.

It's not necessary to use it. But it's there for who want to. As I stated somewhere else, consider it "fluff content" to drive engagement and sticky-ness.  We want more users, and this can and will help pull people in to engaging more on forums and articles.

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

• XarkoXarko Member EpicPosts: 1,180
    Scot said:
    Xarko said:

Agreed. It would just make sense to have both or neighter. Neighter would be my preference. Id just keep insightful and lol.
  • SephrosSephros Member UncommonPosts: 429
    edited August 2015
    StarI said:
    Cname said:
    I just want to say thank you to staff of MMORPG.COM fpr their hardwork and effort that went in to upgrade the forum.

Not everyone may agree with the new format and I realized that I myself need sometime to get use to it.

But I am glad that MMORPG.COM has continue the tradition of making its forum F2P without any pay2win features :3

Testing out if my first quote or smiley use gets me a new badge. We are suposed to grind for badges, maybe? It's an mmo forum afterall  o:)
    Wait!! Badges for first quote?? Count me in  :awesome:  =)

Error: No Keyboard Detected!
    Press F1 to continue......

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    edited August 2015
    CrazKanuk said:
    Scot said:

Now there's an idea.  Cash shops on these types of sites.  I'd like to buy a Tiger mount for my Avatar, please.  :-) :awesome: 

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• KeushpuppyKeushpuppy Member UncommonPosts: 171
    To soon to say how i like it yet.
  • Superman0XSuperman0X Member RarePosts: 2,292
    I "lol'd" your post, and now I'm mentioning you. @Scot ;
    I, for one, welcome our new gamified forums.

and
    I, for one, welcome our new gamified forum overlords.
    :)
  • AvarixAvarix Member RarePosts: 665
    edited August 2015
    I like how they are setup now, especially since they got rid of Disagree, but I would be happy if they just kept Agree. I haven't seen how LOL can be abused though.* So take my opinion how you will.

I often lurk on the forums and have nothing new to add to a discussion because someone explains it much better than I can. Being able to click Agree is easier, and a bit cleaner, than me quoting and putting something like '+1'. My experience with this system in other forums has only been positive.

*I am human. I reserve the right to change my mind in the future. If I see the system constantly being abused or that it leads to sheep behavior then I will change my mind about it.
  • BladestromBladestrom Member UncommonPosts: 5,001
    Scot said:

Gamification In a forum works for me, we all love a game.  Definitely a better user experience on my trusty old phone, happy days. 

rpg/mmorg history: Dun Darach>Bloodwych>Bards Tale 1-3>Eye of the beholder > Might and Magic 2,3,5 > FFVII> Baldur's Gate 1, 2 > Planescape Torment >Morrowind > WOW > oblivion > LOTR > Guild Wars (1900hrs elementalist) Vanguard. > GW2(1000 elementalist), Wildstar

Now playing GW2, AOW 3, ESO, LOTR, Elite D

• nbtscannbtscan Member UncommonPosts: 862
    edited August 2015
    Being able to actually quote more than one post without having to copy and paste makes it totally worth it.

I doubt I'll use the "like" buttons much unless someone posts something really good.

Also, I wish the "recent posts" list were longer like on the original site as I don't really browse the individual forums and base my views/replies around those posts.
  • thinktank001thinktank001 Member UncommonPosts: 2,144
    Scot said:

It will all makes sense after the implementation of microtransactions.   I personally can't wait to purchase flaming buttons and a sparkly borders.  
  • garrettgarrett MMORPG.COM Staff UncommonPosts: 284
    dig the changes. 
     :p 
  • BurntvetBurntvet Member RarePosts: 3,465
    Meh.

All of that BS never helped Steam much, people go there to buy games, not generate points and sparklies and that junk.

Sometimes people that use a forum just want a forum.
  • EmbededPowerEmbededPower Member UncommonPosts: 11
    I like the new forum style @Scot
  • Dr_ShivinskiDr_Shivinski Member UncommonPosts: 311
    Can't we all just be happy that the forums function in a timely manner, and they really look pretty nifty. Although apparently this isn't the final design until the whole site migrates to it's new thingy-ma-bob.
  • MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555
    Avarix said:
    I think I will end up liking them. Marvel Heroes has one of my favorite forum setups and this looks similar.
    Same forum software!
    Athisar said:
    It seems a lot quicker than before. Is it what ESO uses?
    ESO also uses Vanilla, yes!
  • skywisenightskywisenight Member UncommonPosts: 348
    If I may add a suggestion. A little colour at the bottom of each post where the agree etc buttons are would look nice, even if it's just the numbers of the people agreeing within the boxes.

Toss this in the suggestions thread! - http://forums.mmorpg.com/discussion/438132/post-new-forum-bugs-issues-here
    This has been done.
    Scot said:
    Tamanous said:
    I truly believe the "lol" option at the bottom of each post is a very bad idea. Every single forum that uses it has it corrupted by it being used to insult the poster as "laughing at" and not in good humor.

Best to take it right off.

I have heard of this, it was raised in the thread discussing the new forums. They can always drop It if things get bad, but I would hope we are better than that.

Well I have to say quoting seems better. Used to be a pain to separate my first line from the other posters. And some times it multiple boxed the post. Also I can now cut and paste, I used to have to switch to all browsers for that.

We will drop if it is abused. No worries.
  • CecropiaCecropia Member RarePosts: 3,985
    Xarko said:
    Yeah, some other sites that I frequent have the "disagree" or 'thumbs down" option. It works just fine; unpopular opinion or just plain idiotic posts get their fair share of them, whereas intelligent and reasonable posts get the opposite treatment. 

I personally find it fascinating to see how the general community reacts to various types of posts on those sites. It should not be something to fear. 

"Mr. Rothstein, your people never will understand... the way it works out here. You're all just our guests. But you act like you're at home. Let me tell you something, partner. You ain't home. But that's where we're gonna send you if it harelips the governor." - Pat Webb

• madazzmadazz Member RarePosts: 2,107

Yeah well I too "lol'd" both @Scot and you @BillMurphy . Now I am going to go view this on my tablet and phone to see what it looks like lol.
  • BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565
    madazz said:

Yeah well I too "lol'd" both @Scot and you @BillMurphy . Now I am going to go view this on my tablet and phone to see what it looks like lol.

I HAVE AWESOME'D YOU, AND ATTACKED YOU WITH CAPSLOCK. :)

Looks pretty good on the phone, but still has the light color theme until we get Vanilla to change it to dark. :)

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.