Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

POST NEW FORUM BUGS / ISSUES HERE

Comments

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    MikeB said:
    Nanfoodle said:
    Nanfoodle said:
    2 things...

1. You guys said there would be no thumb up and down system. This awesome, LOL, agree thing is just as bad. Is this staying?
    2. Comments have no color options, whats up with that?

1.) It is, but can be tweaked per @MikeB and what he wants to do. Personally, I really like it. It adds to the gamification and the idea of getting badges for participating. There are zero negative options.

2.) You can code them in yourself, but obviously that's not ideal. Mike can say whether or not allowing colors changes in the editor is an option, but I don't think it is. I believe the forums inherit the CSS rules we throw at them, unless overridden in the HTML of the post manually.
     1. Over having a conversation that turns forums into a popularity contest. Groups of people will like X posts but Y poster opening the door for off comments on who is in their clique and who is not. Even without no negative vote its a negative move on this forum. Up voting needs to go and I have left more then one forum over seeing this type of system break a forums. Pls, pls remove it. We as a community were very vocal about this on the thread when the new forum was announced. 

There are no upvotes. Content is displayed by date and not by point score. Reactions simply earn you points towards badges and let other users know you like what they posted.
    Positive voting is still a negative to the community. It's going to reinforce negative posters. Make cliques and sadly weaker minds will not speak what they think when they see types of opinion being up voted. Sad move as it lesions the impact of posters and cases people to look for up votes over speaking their minds. 
  • KenFisherKenFisher Member UncommonPosts: 5,035
    Vrika said:
    Date/time of posting is not visible on first post of the thread, despite being shown on every other post.
    Confirmed.

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.
    http://forums.mmorpg.com/discussions

Posts show title - sub forum, but not forum.

Example:

Is this it? in General Discussion

Is in the Darkfall : Unholy Wars forum, but doesn't show this.

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.
    edited August 2015
    ZombieKen said:

Example:

• MensurMensur Member EpicPosts: 1,511
    Don't sweat it too much! New forums pretty much fixed this. Though of course we'll have new issues with THOSE too.
    I love the new forums! loving the gamification :-)

mmorpg junkie since 1999

Nanfoodle said:
    ZombieKen said:

Example:

Yep, wrong page though.

I was refering to:

which is missing the forum.

• MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555
    Nanfoodle said:
    MikeB said:
    Nanfoodle said:
    Nanfoodle said:
    2 things...

1. You guys said there would be no thumb up and down system. This awesome, LOL, agree thing is just as bad. Is this staying?

1.) It is, but can be tweaked per @MikeB and what he wants to do. Personally, I really like it. It adds to the gamification and the idea of getting badges for participating. There are zero negative options.

2.) You can code them in yourself, but obviously that's not ideal. Mike can say whether or not allowing colors changes in the editor is an option, but I don't think it is. I believe the forums inherit the CSS rules we throw at them, unless overridden in the HTML of the post manually.
     1. Over having a conversation that turns forums into a popularity contest. Groups of people will like X posts but Y poster opening the door for off comments on who is in their clique and who is not. Even without no negative vote its a negative move on this forum. Up voting needs to go and I have left more then one forum over seeing this type of system break a forums. Pls, pls remove it. We as a community were very vocal about this on the thread when the new forum was announced. 

There are no upvotes. Content is displayed by date and not by point score. Reactions simply earn you points towards badges and let other users know you like what they posted.
    Positive voting is still a negative to the community. It's going to reinforce negative posters. Make cliques and sadly weaker minds will not speak what they think when they see types of opinion being up voted. Sad move as it lesions the impact of posters and cases people to look for up votes over speaking their minds. 
    Again, reactions have absolutely zero impact on how a post is displayed, so it is literally not possible to have the effect you're describing. No one can "look for upvotes" when upvotes don't exist. Telling someone their post is awesome or insightful isn't going to be harmful to the community.
    MikeB said:
    Nanfoodle said:
    MikeB said:
    Nanfoodle said:
    Nanfoodle said:
    2 things...

Again, reactions have absolutely zero impact on how a post is displayed, so it is literally not possible to have the effect you're describing. No one can "look for upvotes" when upvotes don't exist. Telling someone their post is awesome or insightful isn't going to be harmful to the community.
    It will in many ways and even more so when someone just clicks the I agree button and dose not reply to the thread on why they do. Also when you mouse over the I agree it says who agreed. So you can look it up. Also you can look up peoples profiles and see how many agrees they got. Making people looking for up votes over speaking their minds. This really sucks.
    No polls for thread creation
  • observerobserver Member RarePosts: 3,685
    I haven't encountered any yet, but i'll post here if i do.  Also testing this new shiny out.   ;)
    Nanfoodle said:
    MikeB said:
    Nanfoodle said:
    MikeB said:
    Nanfoodle said:
    Nanfoodle said:
    2 things...

It will in many ways and even more so when someone just clicks the I agree button and dose not reply to the thread on why they do. Also when you mouse over the I agree it says who agreed. So you can look it up. Also you can look up peoples profiles and see how many agrees they got. Making people looking for up votes over speaking their minds. This really sucks.
    You have a far more pessimistic outlook on this than we do. We'll have to agree to disagree!
    Nanfoodle said:
    No polls for thread creation
    You cannot create a poll thread?
    MikeB said:
    Nanfoodle said:
    MikeB said:
    Nanfoodle said:
    MikeB said:
    Nanfoodle said:
    Nanfoodle said:
    2 things...

You have a far more pessimistic outlook on this than we do. We'll have to agree to disagree!
    Has nothing to do with pessimistic outlook. Seen this on many forums and it always turns out the same way. Bad.
  • Rommie10-284Rommie10-284 Member UncommonPosts: 265
    In the absence of a Disagree button, I see myself using the LOL button as a proxy.  Perhaps it's WAI, but then you can't say it's all meant as positive feedback.  I'll be curious to see what happens when the first big thread arrives.

In the absence of a Disagree button, I see myself using the LOL button as a proxy.  Perhaps it's WAI, but then you can't say it's all meant as positive feedback.  I'll be curious to see what happens when the first big thread arrives.

Agreed.  I can see myself doing that too.  It's polite enough.  If they're being serious and I flag it as funny, the reason is obvious but discreet.

We are trialing this. I'm inclined to turn it off, but we'll see how it goes.
  • Dr_ShivinskiDr_Shivinski Member UncommonPosts: 311
    edited August 2015
    Can we not edit our profiles? I.E. Location and what not? Or am I just missing something? (Google Chrome)\

Edit: Nevermind, apparently we can edit it all if we go back to the frontpage with the old layout and what not.
  • rastadreadlionrastadreadlion Member CommonPosts: 14
    The new appearance of the forums is fantastic. I am not able to update my post in guild recruitment, however. It says I do not have the proper permission. Does anyone know how to address this?
    The new appearance of the forums is fantastic. I am not able to update my post in guild recruitment, however. It says I do not have the proper permission. Does anyone know how to address this?
    Are you looking to edit the OP of this post? http://forums.mmorpg.com/discussion/433080/the-adamantine-order-pc-eu-ad-pve-social#latest

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657
    edited August 2015
    The Flag > Report option is locked. I attempted to report a member for multiple spam advertising posts using the Flag > Report > Advertising option and received the message that I do not have permission to report in that category.

I had to individually report each of their 3 spam posts using the Flag > Spam option.
    "I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • MendelMendel Member LegendaryPosts: 5,609
    MikeB said:
    Nanfoodle said:
    <snip>.
    While a positive or negative post may have no impact on the forum, these do impact how some viewers perceive the content of the post.  There is absolutely no proof that number of posts, number of likes, etc., have anything to do with the opinions and ideas presented by a poster.  The positive / negative system just encourages that, if these are displayed on the post.

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.

edited August 2015
    Grunty said:
    The Flag > Report option is locked. I attempted to report a member for multiple spam advertising posts using the Flag > Report > Advertising option and received the message that I do not have permission to report in that category.

I had to individually report each of their 3 spam posts using the Flag > Spam option.
    That's no good. Let me look into that.

EDIT: I can confirm this is the case. We'll have to tweak something in the permissions. Thanks a ton for finding this!
  • LeiloniLeiloni Member RarePosts: 1,266
    edited August 2015
    On the topic of color schemes, it's the exact same color scheme as the TERA NA forums which is a bit odd (dark grey background, white text, blue links). I'd suggest changing it just so you have your own thing.

Also the post reply/comment section still sucks a lot. It's the same junk as the old forum. It doesn't seem to allow standard BB code/HTML editing like most other forums do. All you can do is click the buttons at the top, or manually click a "quote" button on a reply, which is very limiting. So doing things like editing quotes so I can reply to several posters at once, or break up a poster's message into individual quotes, or deleting quote branches so I can only include the most recent reply instead of an entire chain of quote within quotes. I can view the HTML tags, but that doesn't allow me to actually edit them.

Also occasionally the town/state listed in my profile shows up on the left under my avatar, then when I refresh it goes away. This appears to happen every time I either post a reply, or edit a reply. Is there a way I can edit a) what information shows on the forums and b)can you change the profiles so that I don't have to include a city/state?

More stuff I keep thinking of sorry. Can you make it so the Insightful/Agree, etc. shows up all the time and not only when I mouse over a post? It's useful to see how many of each a poster got just at a glance, but it's also irritating to have stuff flashing on and off all the time as I scroll.

Also, every time I go to edit a post the HTML code flashes for a second before showing me the plain text. Not sure why it does that.
  • MendelMendel Member LegendaryPosts: 5,609
    Another thing that I've always relied on (on the Most Recent Discussion page), is how long ago the last post was made.  Did that go away for good, or was it an oversight?

Also, on the Most Recent Discussion page, why are the fonts for the number fonts for the Views and Replies columns larger than everything else on the line?  The font size pulls the eye to that information, as opposed to more useful information, such as the Thread topic / title.  And when a monster thread comes along with 10,000 + views, won't that number overflow into other columns?

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.

Mendel said:
    Another thing that I've always relied on (on the Most Recent Discussion page), is how long ago the last post was made.  Did that go away for good, or was it an oversight?

Also, on the Most Recent Discussion page, why are the fonts for the number fonts for the Views and Replies columns larger than everything else on the line?  The font size pulls the eye to that information, as opposed to more useful information, such as the Thread topic / title.  And when a monster thread comes along with 10,000 + views, won't that number overflow into other columns?
    The timestamp is there for me. Can you post a screenshot if you're not seeing it?