Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Workshop Show #44

NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617

More concept art for Barbarians with feed back and contest winners and runner up from last contest. 

http://www.twitch.tv/everquestnext/v/9927391

Comments

• BlaedusBlaedus Member UncommonPosts: 100
    Saw the whole thing a couple hours ago. I'm actually proud of myself. Usually, I take hours (and a couple times, days) to watch the entire show.

Anyway, it was just posted on YouTube.
  • RattenmannRattenmann Member UncommonPosts: 613

The shows got so boring lately,.. i can hardly force myself to keep the stream open for more then 10-15mins.

MMOs finally replaced social interaction, forced grouping and standing in a line while talking to eachother.

Now we have forced soloing, forced questing and everyone is the hero, without ever having to talk to anyone else. The evolution of multiplayer is here! We won,... right?

• AlleinAllein Member RarePosts: 2,139

I'm curious how many devs and how much time they spend reviewing fan created builds. How does that compare to the same folks working on the game itself.

Personally find the Workshop videos to be mind numbing, but I get their purpose.

Wouldn't mind seeing McPherson, Michaels, or Mann talking about something on one of these.

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617

Some player made creations for the Barbarian contest...

• Arkade99Arkade99 Member RarePosts: 538
    When does the Gameplay Show air?
    To my knowledge, there is no "Gameplay" Show. However, if you mean the Workshop Show, it's every Thursday at 11am Pacific Daylight Time on Twitch. Mind you, I've never been able to catch the show live. I'd really love to see the comments that spring up.
    Originally posted by Blaedus
    To my knowledge, there is no "Gameplay" Show. However, if you mean the Workshop Show, it's every Thursday at 11am Pacific Daylight Time on Twitch. Mind you, I've never been able to catch the show live. I'd really love to see the comments that spring up.

Yes, I know. I was being sarcastic. 

Originally posted by Arkade99

Great, the internet has been in short supply of negativity =-) Wanna see game play go google Landmark... See wasn't that fun =-)

• GrimulaGrimula Member UncommonPosts: 644

i have played Everquest games since DAY 1 ....even played the Everquest 1 Beta  =)  but I do not even care about this NEW game until they show us all the races.  Races are very very important to die hard Everquest fans

without showing me Gnomes I do not care about this game hahahaha  Everquest is all about having the coolest races in any Fantasy MMO  

WHERE ARE THE BLOOODY GNOMES !! hahah   but im very excited to see what they come up with for my favourite PLAYABLE  race in any game

Originally posted by Grimula

i have played Everquest games since DAY 1 ....even played the Everquest 1 Beta  =)  but I do not even care about this NEW game until they show us all the races.  Races are very very important to die hard Everquest fans

without showing me Gnomes I do not care about this game hahahaha  Everquest is all about having the coolest races in any Fantasy MMO  

WHERE ARE THE BLOOODY GNOMES !! hahah   but im very excited to see what they come up with for my favourite PLAYABLE  race in any game

I hope Gnomes makes it as well. The confirmed list so far is, Elves, Ogre, Kerran, Dark Elf, Barbarian, Dwarf (showed some art for Halflings not sure if they are in). So there is 1 or 2 more races to come and they joked within the last few twitch streams about gnomes. The word is there will be 8 races to start. 

Originally posted by Nanfoodle

Great, the internet has been in short supply of negativity =-) Wanna see game play go google Landmark... See wasn't that fun =-)

Umm...what? Even if he was joking, he was still talking about EQN, not Landmark. You already know how much the Devs stressed that while the two are connected, they're different games.

Umm...what? Even if he was joking, he was still talking about EQN, not Landmark. You already know how much the Devs stressed that while the two are connected, they're different games.

Reread my post, I was feeding him back his own sarcasm. Cuse we know how much we enjoy that on forums =-)

Ok, I'm calling foul. I have a damn good sarcasm detector (if I do say so myself), yet I failed not once, but twice?!
  • SomethingUnusualSomethingUnusual Member UncommonPosts: 546
    Looks awesome. 
    edited August 2015
    More cool creations from players for this contest.

• BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565
    If and when this thing finally lands, it's going to be a wonderful achievement of player-built and developer-led creations.

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

@BillMurphy Yes, as always the big question, when lol. They did that  mock up of Qeynos to get an idea of how that city would feel and 2014 SoE Live they did the Dark Elf city mock up of the player creations as well. Was shocked how awesome it looked. 
    Nanfoodle said:

Reread my post, I was feeding him back his own sarcasm. Cuse we know how much we enjoy that on forums =-)

The difference is that my sarcasm actually made a valid point :)

It's been 2 years since they announced the game and we still don't have any gameplay videos. I played Landmark for a long time but the game is in limbo right now while they focus on EQN. Apparently they are still doing some R&D stuff, so who knows if and when they will ever be able to deliver on what they promised.
    Arkade99 said:
    Nanfoodle said:

It's been 2 years since they announced the game and we still don't have any gameplay videos. I played Landmark for a long time but the game is in limbo right now while they focus on EQN. Apparently they are still doing some R&D stuff, so who knows if and when they will ever be able to deliver on what they promised.
    Not a point, all you did was go off topic. Wana cry about a MMO taking years to make, make a tread and do so. Welcome to MMOs you must be new to them. Sit back and relax as the time to make an MMO can take many, many, many years. Till then get back on topic of this thread pls.
    Nanfoodle said:
    Arkade99 said:
    Nanfoodle said:

Not a point, all you did was go off topic. Wana cry about a MMO taking years to make, make a tread and do so. Welcome to MMOs you must be new to them. Sit back and relax as the time to make an MMO can take many, many, many years. Till then get back on topic of this thread pls.
    Who's crying? You're the one making a federal case out of it. If you don't like it, don't respond. 
  • LazzaroLazzaro Member UncommonPosts: 548
    Man, it's been what 3 years since they announced EQN 2nd or 3rd iteration?  I just hope we can get some gameplay here soon.  I don't think it's vapor wear like a lot of people do because at this point they're too far in to just drop it and I don't think Columbus Nova wants to take that hit.

I can see CN pushing them harder and harder to get a working product here within the next year.