Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Open world pvp / MMOs with PVP servers

jimMMOjimMMO Member UncommonPosts: 19

Hi,

I am looking for a MMO where you can do open world pvp even at low levels. I played Lineage2 when it was in Beta and it was great. But the graphics are outdated now.

Right now I am playing WoW but the open world pvp at low level seems pretty dead. Or maybe I don't know where to look for fights.

What I have played too:

EVE - too boring in my opinion

Planetside 2 - great game which I still play

DAoC - no more pvp servers

ESO - no world pvp

GW2 - no world pvp

SWTOR - never played on a pvp server. are there still people playing this game? what about low level world pvp?

Thank you!

Comments

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Try Age of Wushu. It doesn't look like ESO, but it's gorgeous in its own right.

Wushu has the best wpvp I've ever experienced. There are too many systems to list. I played for 15 months.
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196

Echo Of Soul

They have Hostile Guilds and Peaceful Guilds. If you join a Hostile Guild then you are always flagged for open world pvp with other Hostile Guilds. Peaceful Guilds cannot engage in open world pvp.

Also try Aion and TERA

• ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092
    ArcheAge is an open-world PvP game as well. Sadly, to be 'good' at it you need to subscribe :(
  • Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749

I'd add Conan's two pvp server (one is open world, the other is open with loot and other shenanigans in the ruleset)

- true, those have a toe-to-toe competition of which one is the emptier ghost-town image

• JaedorJaedor Member UncommonPosts: 1,173

Rift is a F2P themepark mmo that has one OWPvP server: Seastone, NA.

• StormakovStormakov Member UncommonPosts: 200
    jimMMO said:

ESO - no world pvp

GW2 - no world pvp

Ugh, what? I assume you mean they have open world PvP in dedicated open world PVP areas, but not in leveling areas?

• DraGzielDraGziel Member UncommonPosts: 67
    Archeage has great open world pvp. With new update, there is guild vs guild pvp, faction pvp, naval pvp, pk system etc. Don't let the rumors scare you. You are going to have fun if you truly are pvp focused.

Also GW2 has a nice pvp system. WVW is a huge map which is only pvp focused (kinda resembling open world pvp).

Other games coming to mind are Aion and TERA.
  • A1D3NA1D3N Member UncommonPosts: 276
    im still looking too, i played archeage for a month.... not really a pvp game... more of a crafting game with pvp...

Currently Playing:
    ...... :(

• treyu86treyu86 Member UncommonPosts: 269
    Darkflal unholy wars: Non instanced massive world, full loot pvp, clan built cities, city sieges and warfare and politics, player housing, action non target combat, no levels, skill system, player driven economy, pve, dungeons, world bosses events, naval combat and warfare, naval bosses and naval sieges, treasure hunting, monthly sub needed but you can buy 1 month to players that sell them with ingame gold. 
  • A1D3NA1D3N Member UncommonPosts: 276
    treyu86 said:
    Darkflal unholy wars: Non instanced massive world, full loot pvp, clan built cities, city sieges and warfare and politics, player housing, action non target combat, no levels, skill system, player driven economy, pve, dungeons, world bosses events, naval combat and warfare, naval bosses and naval sieges, treasure hunting, monthly sub needed but you can buy 1 month to players that sell them with ingame gold. 
    i hear servers are dead?

Currently Playing:
    ...... :(

• ArChWindArChWind Member UncommonPosts: 1,340
    A1D3N said:
    treyu86 said:
    i hear servers are dead?
    as of 11 AM CDT there were 9 on.
    ArChWind — MMORPG.com Forums

If you are interested in making a MMO maybe visit my page to get a free open source engine.
  • CopperfieldCopperfield Member RarePosts: 654
    the orginal darkfall will come up again.. hopefully very soon..

Uw is not worth the effort if you ever played 1.0 on meta level
  • NudalusNudalus Member UncommonPosts: 24
    the orginal darkfall will come up again.. hopefully very soon..

Uw is not worth the effort if you ever played 1.0 on meta level
    http://www.dforeturn.com/
  • LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247
    bcbully said:
    Try Age of Wushu. It doesn't look like ESO, but it's gorgeous in its own right.

Wushu has the best wpvp I've ever experienced. There are too many systems to list. I played for 15 months.

I'll second that suggestion, not because I feel it is the best, but it is certainly one of the most unique approaches to it in both features and execution. 

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre