Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Are you in a guild and are you happy with it?

2»

Comments

• ErdaErda Member UncommonPosts: 211

I love guilds but haven't been in a good one for quite some time.  My greatest guild experiences were in Asheron's Call, EQ2 and LoTRO.  Fantastic group of folks and we met some nice friends.

Other guilds just haven't worked.   We initially found a wonderful guild in WoW a few years ago but the guild blew up when a manipulative female arrived, formed a relationship with the GM and things started falling apart.   She was a hideous person but the GM had problems himself.   Seems that he had been having virtual affairs with many of the guild females including a married gal who almost got divorced over the whole drama.    It ruined the game for me.   This time around in WoW, hubby and I joined one of the larger guilds on the server.   While chat is very friendly and prolific, the guild is immense and keeps increasing its numbers each day.   The goal of the GM is to be max capped and she doesn't care who she recruits.   The guild is very generous and nice, gives away an incredible amount of goodies, hosts events and doesn't tolerate bad behavior in their defense.   With folks coming and going each day---we must have 10 new members each day at least and the same number leave, the numbers never settle down and I haven't really gotten on know anyone.  I'm just a number and with my waning days in WoW right now, that is okay.    At least I know I have a guild there for me with all the guild perks unlocked and chat is friendly at least.

Currently playing ESO and would love to find a fun adventuring guild.   A great guild can make all the difference in the world.  I prefer one with adults mostly and preferably gaming couples.   Hubby and I had some of our best gaming moments in smaller guilds with a close knit community.

• GruugGruug Member RarePosts: 1,791

I have been the member of many guilds over the course of my game playing life. One of the first was in Star Wars Galaxies. That experience, with the guild, is how I look at guilds since. It was a great social experience and I made many friends. It was a bitter experience in the end due to one of the tyranical guild leaders. Point is, it is the people in the guild that make the guild. It is the leaders of the guild that can end up making or breaking that guild. As in my case, the two guild leader were good guild leaders for the first couple of years. But for some reason one of them changed and started to act like he did not like anyone in the guild. This led to expulsions and people outright quiting the game. I have also been in guilds that have had no organisation and others while organised but poorly led by the leaders. In almost every case, the "good" of all these guilds has been the people. Overall, the people that were the members of these guilds were the only reasons I ended up staying with them for long. If those people left, I then felt compelled to leave. Not so much if it were the leaders that left. So, in the end I was always happy with the people of these guilds.

Let's party like it is 1863!

• KyarraKyarra Member UncommonPosts: 789

Back when I first played MMO's, I was in quite a few great guilds, but especially in SWG, EQ2 (this guild is still around but don't play the game I am playing atm), and SWTOR.

I am playing on the new EQ2 progressions server and joined a random guild there, they are ok, pretty talkative, but I do miss quite a few people I used to play with back in the old days of EQ2 on the Mistmoore server.