Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Imperial City is Awesome

bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
Right now only 30 mins in, but it's better than I could have hoped for. It's pvp heaven atm. 
"We see fundamentals and we ape in"

Comments

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Awe man there are multiple levels, HARD mobs and bosses, you name it. It's big. I've been trying to wipe groups while they are trying to kill bosses. Things go wrong dip in a door run up some stairs and out. Cool stuff atm.
  • SlyLoKSlyLoK Member RarePosts: 2,698
    If you have time do you think you could do a full write up with details bcbully? It will be a few days before I will be able to give it a go and would like some gameplay details to mention to some console players.
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Originally posted by bcbully
    Awe man there are multiple levels, HARD mobs and bosses, you name it. It's big. I've been trying to wipe groups while they are trying to kill bosses. Things go wrong dip in a door run up some stairs and out. Cool stuff atm.

Just wanted to emphasize that bit lol. Some of the bosses are hellaciously tough even if you have 10 trying to kill it. Managed to do a couple... ran around with a couple of hundred TV stones...mostly solo or just grouping up with whoever was nearby... found an EP player fighting took him on and killed him - looted about 100 more TV... then his friends came and took all my lunch money :p

The place is huge and the atmosphere is suitably dark and creepy.

PS... nerf NBs! ;p

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

Originally posted by Iselin
    Originally posted by bcbully

Just wanted to emphasize that bit lol. Some of the bosses are hellaciously tough even if you have 10 trying to kill it. Managed to do a couple... ran around with a couple of hundred TV stones...mostly solo or just grouping up with whoever was nearby... found an EP player fighting took him on and killed him - looted about 100 more TV... then his friends came and took all my lunch money :p

The place is huge and the atmosphere is suitably dark and creepy.

PS... nerf NBs! ;p

Nerf Sorcs! I'm pretty impressed still with what they put into this thing. Stuff like this is setting ESO apart from the pack. If this continues, wow is all I can say.

• fivorothfivoroth Member UncommonPosts: 3,916
    How big is the Imperial city? From reading the preview webpage it sounds like it's a fairly big place.

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

• AmegashieAmegashie Member UncommonPosts: 289

Once the access locks for the other factions are in place, IC is 90% group/zerg only PvE grind.

If you bought the game on PC you can check it out yourself on the PTS, don't need an active subscription. No idea how it works on consoles or if there is a test server for them at all.

• josko9josko9 Member RarePosts: 577
    Originally posted by fivoroth
    How big is the Imperial city? From reading the preview webpage it sounds like it's a fairly big place.

About 1 ESO Normal Zone size, so 3 WoW Zones combined.

• IkedaIkeda Member RarePosts: 2,751
    I'm glad you like it buy I can't get ESO to stop fatal crashing on me.  Maybe it's Win10.  But even 8.1 would crash at the character select screen on the regular.
  • fivorothfivoroth Member UncommonPosts: 3,916
    Originally posted by Ikeda
    I'm glad you like it buy I can't get ESO to stop fatal crashing on me.  Maybe it's Win10.  But even 8.1 would crash at the character select screen on the regular.

It's nota windows 10 thing, I have no crashes.

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

If you are talking pts, it's a none bug. Go to - Documents>Elder Scrolls Online > pts > User Settings 

Change this line

SET PlayerStandInsEnabled.2 "2" to "0"

That fixes pts crashes. 

• SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916

I updated my nVidia gfx drivers to the latest release and ESO became basically unplayable on my PC. Had to rollback to the May 2015 drivers (GTA:V release) before things settled down again. Now I can usually play for more than an hour without some kind of glitch.

GTX 680 + Win 7

• IkedaIkeda Member RarePosts: 2,751
    Yea, I'm just trying to regularly play it.  No PTS.   Win 10 + GTX 965m.  But I can't back my driver off as I needed it for Win 10's update.  Maybe, if I get some free time, I'll try loading it on my desktop again and seeing, but I could have sworn I was having the same issue there (GTX 780 + Win 8.1)