Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Workshop Show #43 New race announced Barbarian =-)

NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617

Show starts 3 min in, lots of new concept art for the new Barbarian race. This is the concept art for the new contest coming up. Also at the end showing off the new Dark Elf museum. 

http://www.twitch.tv/everquestnext/v/9086660

Comments

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617

Race

Main hall

Main Hall interior 

Inn's and Lodges 

Interior of common buildings

Shops and homes

Human size vs Barbarian

Random Art

Added the art!! Hope that helps. Little lore on the first pic =-)
  • AlleinAllein Member RarePosts: 2,139

Sorry, too lazy to watch entire thing, but are they playable or just another npc race? The 8 playable were already announced, wondering if they are replacing one of them with Barbs or making them the 9th?

Sort of off topic...

While I've always thought it was funny that some folks are so up in arms about the art style, the more they show ("Qeynos" and this run through) the more I see "EQ."

Obviously it is subjective, but having played the majority of popular mmos of the early EQ days and beyond, it was the clear winner when it came to visuals for me.

Despite some believing it was "mature" "dark" or whatever, it was very vibrant and accessible. Which I do not doubt impacted its popularity until a few other even more accessible products hit the market.

Even looking at the early marketing videos they created which EQ2 resembled, it was rather attractive to a wider audience.

If they can get the optimization down and refine some details, EQN should be rather pleasing to look at product for those that accept it for what it is.

Those that have "grown up" or whatever and expect video games to do the same are out of luck I guess. Although I have to question those that were already in their 30s+ when EQ launched having issue today. As a teen, I thought it was a pretty silly looking video game in 99.

• Ravenhill99Ravenhill99 Member UncommonPosts: 25
    Looks nice but the pace seems like molasses. By how slow things are moving I'm gonna estimate this game being released in December 2019.
  • bartoni33bartoni33 Member RarePosts: 2,044

Heh for some reason I found the random hipster poping up in the bottom corner of some of those pictures hilarious!

But yeah I agree with the poster above me, glad to see progress but coming at a snails pace is not keeping my interest at all.

Bartoni's Law definition: As an Internet discussion grows volatile, the probability of a comparison involving Donald Trump approaches 1.

• NildenNilden Member EpicPosts: 3,916

Not only that but they uploaded episode 41 and 42 after over a month of nothing on the official Everquest Next youtube channel along with episode 43.

"You CAN'T buy ships for RL money." - MaxBacon

"classification of games into MMOs is not by rational reasoning" - nariusseldon

Love Minecraft. And check out my Youtube channel OhCanadaGamer

Try a MUD today at http://www.mudconnect.com/ 

@Allein I dont know if they are playable but they have said in the stream all races will get a contest even goblins. Maybe a rare they have in the game and add as playable at a later date? Im not sure at this point. 
  • ThebeastttThebeasttt Member RarePosts: 1,130
    New models for EQNext mobile sure to follow. Kinda surprised Daybreak hasn't sacked this game yet though.
  • helothelot Member UncommonPosts: 99
    So excited.  Yawn

Contest has not even started and people are already getting a good start on this. 

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/everquestnext/index.php?threads/showcase-halas-architecture.1631/