Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Customer support is pretty bad for Aion

TheScavengerTheScavenger Member EpicPosts: 3,321

I never migrated my old NCsoft account to the old system. One reason for that is because I never used the email and even then, it took me ages to find all the info for it (luckily I found an old notebook with my usernames/passwords). Then second reason, I wasn't really interested in playing Aion. So partly my fault I guess.

But, I sent an email to customer support and they refused to fix my old account.

It has (or had now) collector's edition items. I can't find a collector's edition that isn't stupidely expensive that hasn't been used at all, so I can get the CE items.

So I emailed back asking if they can take my collector's editions to my new NCsoft account I made.

And I got a big middle finger saying "nope"

Even Blizzard support was far better than that, and there CS is pretty fail compared to some other MMOs. And even FFXIV customer support is vastly better (though its just good in general)

They won't even fix my old account, and even worse, they won't even give me my collector's edition items that you pretty much can't get anymore.

With the lame excuse of (which is a lie as they can) "we can't transfer items to your new account"

What a horrible first impression of coming back to Aion

My Skyrim, Fallout 4, Starbound and WoW + other game mods at MODDB: 

https://www.moddb.com/mods/skyrim-anime-overhaul

Comments

• TheScavengerTheScavenger Member EpicPosts: 3,321

Really, all I wanted was my CE stuff. :( I don't really care about anything else. My character was only level 57, I can get to that again no problem. I think I had some other items that one can't get anymore, but I just really wanted my CE stuff I paid a lot of money for back in 2010 or whenever game was newly released.

I looked on amazon, and all the CE copies are partly used. Which probably means the cd key was used lol. No digital CE to buy from anywhere.

I paid like 90 dollars or something, maybe 70, don't remember for the CE edition. I did get cool stuff inside it (who knows where it is now though, probably in a moving box lol)...but I really wanted the in-game items from it. And CS pretty much gave me the middle finger on that.

• NailzzzNailzzz Member UncommonPosts: 515
     Don't expect support to do anything. Whether it is fixing an account issue or banning a blatant hacker. If you can look past that Aion is a good game. Probably the most aesthetically pleasing mmorpg out there. But support is a well known joke.
  • BitripBitrip Member UncommonPosts: 279
    They're a little slow compared to some other companies, but they are friendly all the same. My experience with them was fairly good.

Now, which one of you will adorn me today?

• TheScavengerTheScavenger Member EpicPosts: 3,321
    Originally posted by Nailzzz
     Don't expect support to do anything. Whether it is fixing an account issue or banning a blatant hacker. If you can look past that Aion is a good game. Probably the most aesthetically pleasing mmorpg out there. But support is a well known joke.

Aion is definitely the type of MMO I'm looking for. A themepark with very important crafting, not forced grouping but grouping is heavily encouraged, a lot of content, unique setting.

But, I don't think I'd ever want to support an MMO (or any other game) where customer support is this bad. And supposedly it isn't even run by NCsoft anymore, NCsoft got customer support from ANOTHER company. Pretty hilarious.

I tried FFXIV, but all the best items are from raids and crafting isn't really that important. Aion probably has raid items, but my friend said he has amazing crafting items that do just as good in PvP as anything else. And FFXIV doesn't have any "good" PvP.

WoW crafting used to be useful. But it got nerfed so bad in WoD that it isn't even worth doing.

I can't think of any other themepark MMOs with good crafting :(

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    I generally feel that support for MMOs have gotten way worse since 2008, some are still better than others but I think it was one of the first thing that got cut with the financial crisis.
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

NCSOFT has the absolute worst account management in life.

I migrated my account a long time ago and many bad things happened...

- The migrated account cant log in because its not migrated.

- It doesnt log in because its the wrong info. Reset password and it says its not migrated.

- Finally log in and i its not linked to an NCSOFT game.

- Create a new account with a new email for the specific game i want.

- Cant log in with the new account because its not a master account.

- log back in with the master account and its not migrated.

FUUUUUUUUUUU NCSOFT.

The funny thing is the account IS migrated because i used it with AION, and L2 in the past. But now you need a master account, and a separete new account for each one of their games. I could not imagine how their support reacted when they first saw this terrible management.

Im glad GW2 account management is separate from anything related to NCSOFT´s abysmal system.

• NailzzzNailzzz Member UncommonPosts: 515
    Originally posted by TheScavenger
    Originally posted by Nailzzz

Aion is definitely the type of MMO I'm looking for. A themepark with very important crafting, not forced grouping but grouping is heavily encouraged, a lot of content, unique setting.

But, I don't think I'd ever want to support an MMO (or any other game) where customer support is this bad. And supposedly it isn't even run by NCsoft anymore, NCsoft got customer support from ANOTHER company. Pretty hilarious.

I tried FFXIV, but all the best items are from raids and crafting isn't really that important. Aion probably has raid items, but my friend said he has amazing crafting items that do just as good in PvP as anything else. And FFXIV doesn't have any "good" PvP.

WoW crafting used to be useful. But it got nerfed so bad in WoD that it isn't even worth doing.

I can't think of any other themepark MMOs with good crafting :(

I hate to say it but crafted gear doesn't do so we'll vs. pvp gear. You can have the best crafted gear in the game at your lvl and you will be little threat against a character wearing pvp gear. And end game does include a lot of pvp content. I speak from experience. That said, the gear is great for leveling up, and for combines on 2 handers. Also can make some really fantastic looking skins. But as far as end game gear goes, you will ultimately need pvp gear to compete in pvp. The difference in power in pvp is unreal. But crafted gear is the best pve gear.

If I would recommend any crafting profession, I would recommend alchemy. It can save you and make you lots of kinah. The potions/scrolls you make will always be in demand. You would also be able to upgrade your own manastones.  

• MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555
    test