Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The time is now

2»

Comments

• kinidokinido Member UncommonPosts: 429
    Originally posted by Lord.Bachus

Can i play a beastlord on those new servers?

Allways wanted to return to EQ2, but my laptop kept crashing over and over, and its the only game thats instable on my system, so much bad luck...

At the moment I don't think so. Atleast until AA's happen in the next few expansions, mainly because Beastlords were created in mind of AAs. 

( atleast what a friend who tried to do it said ... I'm gonna hop on tonight myself. ) 

PS - All mammals have nipples.

Get over it already.

• user547user547 Member UncommonPosts: 150

One of the nicest things about a new server is that the economy isn't wrecked yet.  You can harvest and actually make money again, at least until everyone is done leveling their crafters.  I harvested enough tuber strands and belladonna roots in a couple days to buy a Krono and get a free month lol. 

Haven't had to actually pay for the game since Krono came out actually.  On the old servers you end up working a bit to buy one, but a lucky drop plus the shinies and other random junk you pick up sold on the broker is usually enough to afford one.  But on Stormhold that was probably the easiest Krono I ever bought.  Always keep at least one on the account for the occasional trip back to Norrath.

• ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092
    Originally posted by kinido
    Originally posted by Lord.Bachus

Can i play a beastlord on those new servers?

Allways wanted to return to EQ2, but my laptop kept crashing over and over, and its the only game thats instable on my system, so much bad luck...

At the moment I don't think so. Atleast until AA's happen in the next few expansions, mainly because Beastlords were created in mind of AAs. 

( atleast what a friend who tried to do it said ... I'm gonna hop on tonight myself. ) 

Beastlords were introduced with Age of Discovery iirc. That means that for the coming 2-3 years there won't be any beastlords in the game :(

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Originally posted by Maquiame
    Do any of the TL servers have roleplayers on them?

Yes, I see them running around all the time.

• Storm_CloudStorm_Cloud Member UncommonPosts: 401
    Originally posted by kinido
    Originally posted by Storm_Cloud
    Originally posted by delete5230
    So this version is Easy mode and not classic ?

Level 12 now.

In my opinion xp has been slowed down significantly but the difficulty level of the mobs has not changed from "live" to this so called "classic". I'm currently fighting lvl 14-15 mobs. I think this is how they transformed live to what they call "classic".

What I remember from classic EQ2 when it released was that you could barely defeat a 1 arrow up opponent of equal level. Then you had to rest a little. I'm killing 1 arrow mobs 2 levels above me easily.

I should mention that I play a Necromancer. Maybe it's just easier for me because of that. I'll let you be the judge of that. :)

EDIT!

Oh btw, I saw my first bots yesterday as well. 4 level 8s parked outside the vampire village in Darklight Woods killing the Zombies that roam there. The Zombies are lvl 12-13ish.

As someone who played EQ2 at launch and for a few expansions I can tell you that the game never was hard in Open World content, until later levels. Everything lower was mostly soloable - besides the dungeons that they had. You should start to see more open world content shouts when you get a bit higher in levels. 

I don't know what game you played but it couldn't have been EQ2. I was hard! Getting owned by rats outside of Qeynos is just 1 proof of that. Corpse runs which later on changed to the wow version of "ghost" corpse runs and to later changed again to what it's like today. A joke! I don't even want to get into xp penalties, lol.

This is not classic!

I've already cancelled my sub and will of course use the month that I paid for, but, after that I am done. Currently lvl 16 and I just completed the entire Darklight Woods, solo. 

Originally posted by inmysights
    NO! At launch you was barely beating a mob same level as you solo. You was resting after each fight with no healer. Granted I did not play every single class at launch, but as a warrior, I was scraping by each kill, but I LOVED IT!! I agree, if wow released a bit later or never, EQ2 would be dominating the MMO world right now. It offers so much you cannot even explain all the details it offers!

This is correct information.

The game was fun in the beginning. It's just such a shame that they tried to force WoW on it.  I call it another SWG gone sour!

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100
    I bit the bullet and got All Access and I hope I can play on Stormhold from Europe. See you there on my Inquisitor 
    Chamber of Chains
  • HarikenHariken Member EpicPosts: 2,680
    I agree also. I just went back and glad i did. Starting a character in the classic starting zone is a treat and so full of players.
    The new server does not appear for me at all is it because I have used up all my character slots . If I buy another slot or delete my character will I get to make one on the new TLE server ?
    Chamber of Chains
    Originally posted by cheyane
    The new server does not appear for me at all is it because I have used up all my character slots . If I buy another slot or delete my character will I get to make one on the new TLE server ?

If I may make a guess.

I think it has to say in the upper left corner on the launchpad  US-ENGLISH, and, click it to change it if it does not.

If it already says that, then I have no idea what the reason may be.

• RadixMalorumRadixMalorum Member UncommonPosts: 143
    If you click to create a new character there's a button to the effect of 'Create on Timelock Server'.  so, yes, you need an open character slot.
  • TribeofOneTribeofOne Member UncommonPosts: 1,006
    did they bring back crafting interdependency and sub combines?
  • ceratop001ceratop001 Member RarePosts: 1,594
    Trying to relive old memories and sensations after you been playing mmo's for years is impossible. On the other hand if I was trying to make a new game I would try to incorporate the old with the new; especially the old that seems to bring back memories. Everquest II is old and outdated but people still love it to death. That kind of loyalty is rare and If I owned this game I would redo the graphics but keep the game basically the same.

OMG ! OMG !!!!! imageimageimage

HELP!!

I tried to delete to make space I had a dark elf went to a bell and ported to Qeynos by mistake  since whole map was open forgot I was on a dark elf. Two steps killed on sight I am now outside Qeynos gates is there a way for me to get back to a bell that would be safe for me to use to port back ?

Can I even use that bell as an evil toon? Don't I have a gate spell ?

EDIT: Made it out and back to Freeport ran from Antonica all the way back to Thundering Steppes.  Were the guards in Freeport always only option is attack ...you cannot even speak to them ?

Chamber of Chains
  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196

HELP!!

I tried to delete to make space I had a dark elf went to a bell and ported to Qeynos by mistake  since whole map was open forgot I was on a dark elf. Two steps killed on sight I am now outside Qeynos gates is there a way for me to get back to a bell that would be safe for me to use to port back ?

EDIT: Made it out and back to Freeport ran from Antonica all the way back to Thundering Steppes.  Were the guards in Freeport always only option is attack ...you cannot even speak to them ?

Could have used your return spell?

Originally posted by Recore

HELP!!

Could have used your return spell?

Cannot use in Qeynos the return spell. It said I had to be in the right place. I think it was possible since the last I played that character was in 2007 it was bound to an area that might no longer be a return point. So that was why I got the error message in Antonica when I respawned and tried to use it. Might have to reset the bind point. I was loath to delete it without checking if I had all the great expansion house stuff all the way to Kingdom of the Sky the last expansion I bought before I left. So that was why I was going to go check my house. Cannot even recall where my house was.

Chamber of Chains