Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EverQuest Next: Players Assisting in Developing Halas

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Everquest Next is working in concert with Landmark players to create some of the locations within Halas. The newly announced contest features a fantastic Style Guide on The Workshop forum to help guide creationists along as they prepare for the contest.

You can learn more in the most recent Workshop Show and by checking out the link above.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227

At first i read it like "Players Assisting in Developing Halal" and i was.. that was a bold thing to do... Then i read it again and i was kind of disappointed. =) Would have been fun to read. 

Beyond that it is good to see that they still take input as this have been a ongoing thing through development. (more or less....) 

I am still very curious as to what this game will turn out to be. 

This have been a good conversation

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    Kind of hard to say what this game will evolve into.  The studio basically rid itself of most of the design staff, so we will just have to wait and see what the people left come up with.
  • NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    Title should read as well, New Playable Race announced. This was a playable race was unknown to us till this video. 
  • DauzqulDauzqul Member RarePosts: 1,982

Tricking fans into spending as much time as a real developer - creating their world... for free.

Pretty brilliant, actually.

Main Gathering Hall

Interior of Main Gathering Hall

Inn's and Lodges

Common Interior of buildings

Shops and Homes

Home

Homes again

Barbarian vs Human size

• ArskaaaArskaaa Member RarePosts: 1,265

"Get small joy when see EQN in news

was expect see EQN gameplay video... see only draw pictures..."

sigh.

Originally posted by Arskaaa

"Get small joy when see EQN in news

was expect see EQN gameplay video... see only draw pictures..."

sigh.

These videos happen every 1-3 weeks, first time I seem mmorpg.com post one. Not sure why they did for a change. They didnt even post the news this video was really about. 1. Announce a new playable race. 2. Announce that the contest to build Halas will be starting soon 3. They did cover Halas will be a city built by players in EQN. I think this is the 5th or 6th city thats been built by players. =-) Not sure why they decided to cover this one???

• goozmaniagoozmania Member RarePosts: 394
    What this tells me is that EQN is still years and years away.
  • st3v3b0st3v3b0 Member UncommonPosts: 155
    And people wonder why this game has lost all of its hype.  What was once at the peak of hype is now barely breathing.  So depressing the state of EQN.
    Originally posted by st3v3b0
    And people wonder why this game has lost all of its hype.  What was once at the peak of hype is now barely breathing.  So depressing the state of EQN.

Its a game in development. How is that any different than any other game being made? The game will be done when its done. 

• tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227
    Originally posted by st3v3b0

This is actually a good thing. Hype has it´s place but constant hype leads to burn-out and angry people. 

Just look at SC... 

Better to make a new hype push when it is needed. 

This have been a good conversation

• MarknMarkn Member UncommonPosts: 307
    I will say this.  Players cannot claim they did not have design input on this game.    Get on landmark and submit your designs maybe they will make it in the game.
  • MukeMuke Member RarePosts: 2,614
    Originally posted by Markn
    I will say this.  Players cannot claim they did not have design input on this game.    Get on landmark and submit your designs maybe they will make it in the game.

I have submitted my payment I would like to receive for doing their work, but I haven't gotten any replies yet.

"going into arguments with idiots is a lost cause, it requires you to stoop down to their level and you can't win"

• MarknMarkn Member UncommonPosts: 307
    Originally posted by Muke
    Originally posted by Markn

I have submitted my payment I would like to receive for doing their work, but I haven't gotten any replies yet.

You chose to do it they didn't hire you.  :)  

People always complain about not having input in the design of these games before they come out and here they give you actual input in submitting your own buildings and people just complain about it.

• BuccaneerBuccaneer Member UncommonPosts: 654
    Originally posted by Dauzqul

Tricking fans into spending as much time as a real developer - creating their world... for free.

Even better.  The fans paid SOE/DBG to access Landmark, to help develop their game for free.

Originally posted by Buccaneer
    Originally posted by Dauzqul

Even better.  The fans paid SOE/DBG to access Landmark, to help develop their game for free.

They added a price over handing out access willy nilly to try and find people who wanted to build. At any time you can get a full refund for buying into Landmark as DGC has said, its a F2P game.

• teratyateratya Member UncommonPosts: 347
    They're still making this? Stopped following months ago.

John - "Looks like your going to have to close it yourself, SHITTY!!!!"