Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Build 00.09.05.03 / State Of Play Dev Blog

dsmartdsmart Member UncommonPosts: 386
Build 00.09.05.03 is now live, along with a new State Of Play dev blog. 

Game developers are just human beings who happen to make games for a living.
If you want to hold us up to higher standards of conduct, then go ahead
...but don't be surprised if we don't uphold them.

Comments

• SeelinnikoiSeelinnikoi Member RarePosts: 1,360

Hey Derek, any chance to get a key for the beta please?

Also, on the assets part of the website, are those the items/things that are available now or that will be implemented?

On the "Decorations" section of the assets, it seems you get those military ribbons... so, are there gonna be any distinguishable form of "leveling" or accomplishments that you can progress your own character, like a progression system/character skill leveling or trees, etc ?

If you are a Star Wars fan, why not try the Star Wars The Old Republic?
    New players can get a welcome package and old/returning players can also get a welcome back package and 7 days free subscription time! Just click here to use my referral invitation
  • dsmartdsmart Member UncommonPosts: 386
    Sure. Check your messages. This site's messaging system is working again now.

• dsmartdsmart Member UncommonPosts: 386
    Originally posted by Seelinnikoi

Hey Derek, any chance to get a key for the beta please?

Also, on the assets part of the website, are those the items/things that are available now or that will be implemented?

On the "Decorations" section of the assets, it seems you get those military ribbons... so, are there gonna be any distinguishable form of "leveling" or accomplishments that you can progress your own character, like a progression system/character skill leveling or trees, etc ?

As mentioned in the latest State Of Play dev blog, most of the items have already been implemented.

There is no "leveling" in the game.

Player progression is based on accumulation of Combat Experience Points and Combat Training Certificates

I designed it this way for various reasons, primary being that I don't want there to be any kind of "grind" to "level up".

Also, I didn't want to end up with a P2W game in which we are forced to sell items in order to make money. Which is why the TAK tiers were designed the way they are, as just a cheap bundle of items (which can be bought individually) allowing the F2P Starter Kits to be able to obtain free (depending on availability) stuff from the free packs scattered around the game world.

We currently don't sell vehicles or aircraft. You only need the CTC (which we do sell) to drive/pilot some of them. This prevents issues whereby people keep hugging them in the game world. 

All of this is going to be tweaked prior to final release, so nothing is written in stone atm.

• DrakzillahDrakzillah Member UncommonPosts: 4
    Poof "smoke & mirrors"
  • TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619
    I do think it is funny that he made so much fuss about SC and then his own game crashed hard.

Oh sweet irony
    "Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD