Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

wow, what a scam!

GorweGorwe Member EpicPosts: 6,315

Outdated gameplay, mediocre looks, idiotic lore, mafia at the charge of the game and a HUGE AMOUNT of restrictions! Some are INSANE and not even swtor dared to try them! Get these kicks:

YOU CAN'T TRADE WITH PLAYERS!!! YOU CAN'T EVEN BUY THINGS FFS!!!

...what a horrible scam! How can they even call this "free" to play??? It's free to play if you like being beat with an ugly stick or eating copious amounts of buffalo dung! SOE / DBG assholes!

Comments

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657
    How are they profiting by letting you play the game without paying something?
    "I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • hockeyplayrhockeyplayr Member UncommonPosts: 604
    Originally posted by Grunty

this.

• cheyanecheyane Member EpicPosts: 6,429
    There is a one time payment to unlock things. Pay it or shut up. There is no scam they are letting you play that is enough sick of these people who expect everything for free.
  • TokkenTokken Member RarePosts: 2,236

Actually, they have lighted up on the restrictions over the last few years. Anyway, they gotta make money!

Make PvE GREAT Again!
  • GorweGorwe Member EpicPosts: 6,315

I was just waiting for this stupid, American brainwashed reply. Here is how:

Instead of beating people over their heads with restrictions, how about they actually entice people to spend their money?

Proper ways of monetisation are GW 2, TSW and Rift.

Inproper ways of monetisation are swtor and EQ 2.

In short: they should LESSEN the restrictions. Have you EVER heard of an mmo where you can't PURCHASE from a marketplace? Even original f2p swtor method allowed more than this. This is scandalous!

Originally posted by cheyane
    There is a one time payment to unlock things. Pay it or shut up. There is no scam they are letting you play that is enough sick of these people who expect everything for free.
    edit: you're not worth the time

I occasionally play EQ2 so yes I know about at least one game that prevents you from using the auction house. Don't like it? Don't play it. 

I don't play Champions Online because of their free to play restrictions. There is no scam, deception or swindle in either game. If you want to do some things then you must pay to do some things. 

Just because you want to do something does not mean you are entitled to do something. 

"I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 8,969

" Outdated gameplay, mediocre looks, idiotic lore "

The restrictions are working as intended by keeping people like you far away from the players that are enjoying the game and supporting it. Don't let the door hit you on the way out.image

• goboygogoboygo Member RarePosts: 2,105

Your playing a game for free and its a scam....

I think you need to grab a dictionary.

Originally posted by Mikeha

" Outdated gameplay, mediocre looks, idiotic lore "

The restrictions are working as intended by keeping people like you far away from the players that are enjoying the game and supporting it. Don't let the door hit you on the way out.image

Yet another conservative Bush / Trump yank voter picks a quarrel with me. Fascinating.

What is there to be enjoyed? The singleplayers from 2001 are more advanced! And you have to pay only once for them! Instead of this mafia business!

...meh it's SoE! Why would I play ANYTHING made by them especially now that Georgeson, Smedley, Quiad, everyone of notice LEFT. lol is a dead company being left afloat by a bunch of deadbeat conservatives!

• carotidcarotid Member UncommonPosts: 425
    Originally posted by Gorwe

Instead of beating people over their heads with restrictions, how about they actually entice people to spend their money?

In short: they should LESSEN the restrictions. Have you EVER heard of an mmo where you can't PURCHASE from a marketplace? Even original f2p swtor method allowed more than this. This is scandalous!

The hate is strong in this one...

Originally posted by goboygo

Your playing a game for free and its a scam....

I think you need to grab a dictionary.

Various games offer you various amount of freedom.

There is NO FREEDOM to be had in EQ2! Of any sort! One dimensional classes, railroading, cash grabs, lead company bought out by a...whatever DBG is(most likely a front for money washing)...

This is what I am getting at with "scam". A man should be enticed to pay, not beat over his head with a stick! Even EA understood this-that's exactly the reason why EA stayed alive and SOE has to whore to various financial institutions! But who cares? SOE's products should just get the '39 book treatment!

• user547user547 Member UncommonPosts: 150
    Yes, this is obviously related to politicians.  Good call.
    Originally posted by carotid

The hate is strong in this one...

I'm waiting for the freedom of speech claim. That ought to be good for a laugh.

• BoneserinoBoneserino Member UncommonPosts: 1,764

It's really hard to understand the rage that people fly into over simple things like games.  Pretty similar to road rage I guess.  I know we all lose it over nothing sometimes, but really all you need to do is step back, cool down a little bit and look at what you are actually getting angry about.  A game.   There is no need need for it.

I would hate to run into you in a game or on the road.  Need to get those emotions in check.   Lots of better things to do than rage over a game you don't even want to play.

FFA Nonconsentual Full Loot PvP ...You know you want it!!

• luclinraiderluclinraider Member UncommonPosts: 88

I've said it before and I'll say it again.

If $15 a month seems unfair to you, or is too much for you to pay for a month of entertainment, then your biggest concern shouldn't be finding an MMO you like. It should be finding a job...or a better paying one if $15 a month is too much.

For most of us that's under an hour of work....over 30 days.

$15/month is literally nothing. Hell I spend more than that at Starbucks on a daily basis.

Yeah, I am sorry for this outburst. It's just that my attractions / repulsions are VERY strong. And I know that you didn't deserve this. The best way to punsih them is to just spend money elsewhere. And let them whore out, fking creeps.

Otherwise, I am fairly normal until provoked. My emotions are strong, yo! And I'm proud of it and would never try to lock them down!

Originally posted by luclinraider

If $15 a month seems unfair to you, or is too much for you to pay for a month of entertainment, then your biggest concern shouldn't be finding an MMO you like. It should be finding a job...or a better paying one if $15 a month is too much.

$15/month is literally nothing. Hell I spend more than that at Starbucks on a daily basis.

Before spewing crap, please do compare where you live and where I live.

Thank you!

• TokkenTokken Member RarePosts: 2,236

OP, I understand your frustrations. I have put a lot of money in this game in the past but I can't do it anymore. It's mainly due to the games outdated gameplay and mediocre looks. I really can't stand many of the manual functions as well. It was FUN while it lasted but I have moved on to newer games.

Make PvE GREAT Again!
  • ArglebargleArglebargle Member RarePosts: 2,630
    Originally posted by hockeyplayr

this.

Game companies profit by having a lot of players in the game, which makes it feel more 'alive' for players that do pay.

Think of how many times you've seen someone say, 'I like this, but there's no one around to play with....'

If you are holding out for the perfect game, the only game you play will be the waiting one.

• WinterstoneWinterstone Member UncommonPosts: 33

Wow an EQ2 rant. didn't see that coming today.

Originally posted by Arglebargle
    Originally posted by hockeyplayr

this.

Game companies profit by having a lot of players in the game, which makes it feel more 'alive' for players that do pay.

Think of how many times you've seen someone say, 'I like this, but there's no one around to play with....'

At last someone gets it!

Try playing on anything not AB not TLE and see how fun it is...

edit: imagine if LoL or DoTA or TF had q times around ten minutes. That's why accessability is important and consenquentially, the dirty lowlife f2p-ers.

• luclinraiderluclinraider Member UncommonPosts: 88

Yes wages change. But even taking into account you don't live in USA, Canada, Mexico, Europe, China, Japan, or Aus....$15 a month shouldn't be more than 4 hours of work a month.

The only place I can see this being different is if you live in Thailand or Africa...which I don't even think they have server supporting there so......

I mean really, no matter where you live....if you have even a minimum wage job....$15 a month shouldn't be much.

• kitaradkitarad Member EpicPosts: 5,267

It's an old game and I doubt he is going to contribute anything to the 'looking busy' part. The players who are on the very top are veterans who are also probably subscribers and people are told to go to the busier servers because of the barrenness of other servers.

Weren't you the one who was trying very hard to subscribe to SWTOR but for some reason you kept getting turned away. Kinda  odd you are condemning the f2p in SWTOR when at one point you were desperately trying to subscribe to the game.

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,858
    Originally posted by luclinraider

Before spewing crap, please do compare where you live and where I live.

Thank you!

Um, your first reply in your discussion was something to do with America. It's kinda hypocritical to tell someone they can't but you can. 

edit: and you can have a civil discussion about games without taking jabs at peoples backgrounds. Very unnecessary imho. Just stick to the game and don't get upset when folks aren't 100% agreeing with you. 

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

This discussion has been closed.