Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Column] Camelot Unchained: Pitchforks & Betas

2»

Comments

• MarkJacobsMarkJacobs CEO City State EntertainmentMember RarePosts: 649
    Originally posted by Brenics
    Originally posted by MarkJacobs

Thanks Tim! However, I am at fault. I'm the name on the top of the studio's masthead and I've been unable to convince enough senior programmers to join the studio. I can't and won't hide behind excuses.  I always said I'd be front and center when the studio had to deliver bad news (and not send out a CM) and well, here I am just as I have been on MOP and other places.

I appreciate the kind words, praise and most of all, patience. Things are really moving along nicely. Slower than we would like but nicely. Hopefully we'll have some new nice and shiny tech to show off in the coming weeks as well as a couple of other fun updates.

Thanks again to you and MMORPG for the coverage!

WOW now this is what I would expect from a great developer who is honest and forward with the gamers. I may have to start supporting you guys.

Thanks for putting some faith in this gamer that not all developers are just jerks.

First, thanks for the kind words and praise, I appreciate it. Secondly, as I have said on Massively/MOP, please don't support us unless/until you do your research on our game. It's not that I'm against donations (or using some weird Sith-like reverse pysch power) but just because I really want our Backers to know about the game that they are backing. 

So, if you are interested in backing us, head over to our site or to our wiki page and read up on us. And, if I'm around here or other places, please feel free to ask me questions about what we are doing.

No matter what, thank you for thinking about backing us and for the kind words.

Mark Jacobs
    CEO, City State Entertainment

Originally posted by DrunknShaman

Thanks Tim! However, I am at fault. I'm the name on the top of the studio's masthead and I've been unable to convince enough senior programmers to join the studio. I can't and won't hide behind excuses.  I always said I'd be front and center when the studio had to deliver bad news (and not send out a CM) and well, here I am just as I have been on MOP and other places.

I appreciate the kind words, praise and most of all, patience. Things are really moving along nicely. Slower than we would like but nicely. Hopefully we'll have some new nice and shiny tech to show off in the coming weeks as well as a couple of other fun updates.

Have faith young squires, Mark knows what he is doing, and CU will be an amazing game, no matter how long it takes.

I felt bad for asking for a refund, My reason was different I'm going OTR (Over the Road) truck driving again (it's been 18 years).

And I'm not sure if I will be able to play games OTR like I do now, So i dropped from Warrior forever 2.0 to basic builder, but 6 months from now I'll have a sweet laptop or my desktop in the truck and as long as i can get good Wi Fi at the truck stops better believe i'll be back at warrior 2.0 forever or more since my pay is going up.

I played DAoC for 6 years and I will never forget them, some of the best times ever.

And I owe Mark and a lot of other people from Mythic (R.I.P) thanks for there hard work and dedication to making DAoC and CU and every other game that has made so many of us happy, mad, sad, tired (to many all nighters back then).

So Thanks Mark, we love thy games you made in the past and I'm sure many will love CU in the future..I already do.

Thank you very much for the praise. Stay safe on the road. There really are crazies out there.

Mark Jacobs

Originally posted by Timothe

No problem. After weighing all the solutions, I simply couldn't see it as a direct failure on anyone's part. The few ways I came up with to solve the issue could have majorly compromised the studio in multiple ways. At the end of the day, there are some things that are beyond our control due to multiple issues. At least that is how it looked from my point of view.

That said I appreciate your honesty and willingness to suit up, grab TWO shields, head to the front of the line and take the aggro in a case where many others have gone stealth and sent a poor CM lamb to the slaughter hehe.

Thanks. Yep, I won't send out a CM to be the point of contact for the bad news. If I was willing to stand up during the KS, stand up when we have something good to say, I should damn well be willing to stand up and deliver the bad news in person. As an independent and a crowdfunded developer, that's the least I owe to my Backers, even if I'm one of them. :)

Thanks again for the support/understanding.

Mark Jacobs

Originally posted by JamesGoblin
    Originally posted by Nanfoodle

Still not sold on this one even though I am a DAoC old school fan. I want to be though =-) I just keep reading and watching everything about this game even though Im upset there is no real PvE lol. Can we not even have a Darknessfall? Still waiting for a game to bring back what made DAoC so magical to me. Maybe I am chasing a high I will never find again? 

You will have Darkness Falls, just it will be much better and alive.

And very, very dark. I've got a real twisted side to me when it comes to movies, films and art. The Depths will be the first time I really get to bring it out, in living color as it were. :)

Mark Jacobs