Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Be Very Very Carefull

2»

Comments

• laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
    Originally posted by mayito7777

Wow the hate against Derek is strong here, I feel the presence of a bunch of wannabie Sith Lords.

If you check the comments in Steam they have nothing to do with the game and everything to do with Derek stance against SC. If you read in Steam the comments about the game they are all people calling Derek out because he dare criticize the "golden Vaporware" called SC. Be honest if you are going to review a game dont accuse the creator of been an enemy of SC that is not a review. That is just hate towards that man because he dare to challenge the "little gods" of the team of SC. You are just hypocrites.

Here we go again. Read the opening of this thread and then read the thread " Space and Planet surface transition?" There is only one poster that brings up SC in that thread, please tell me who it is.

This thread has nothing to do with wannabie Sith Lords or SC.

Read the last word in your post and think about it.

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• mayito7777mayito7777 Member UncommonPosts: 768
    Go to Steam and read the reviews of the game, you what Steam is yes?

want 7 free days of playing? Try this

http://www.swtor.com/r/ZptVnY

• CrazKanukCrazKanuk Member EpicPosts: 6,130

Wow the hate against Derek is strong here, I feel the presence of a bunch of wannabie Sith Lords.

If you check the comments in Steam they have nothing to do with the game and everything to do with Derek stance against SC. If you read in Steam the comments about the game they are all people calling Derek out because he dare criticize the "golden Vaporware" called SC. Be honest if you are going to review a game dont accuse the creator of been an enemy of SC that is not a review. That is just hate towards that man because he dare to challenge the "little gods" of the team of SC. You are just hypocrites.

I'm not sure you understand the meaning of this word. You're defending someone who is basically the biggest hypocrite of them all. Please tell me why Derek Smart has the industry credibility to make comments on whether a game will be delivered or not. The ONLY successful MMO game he manages, he didn't even make. Even that game is only marginally successful. 

Also, it's not just SC, it's any game. His reputation of infamy wasn't developed because of SC. It's because he has a well-known habit of bashing games..... and games which are competition for his own (interestingly enough). 

I would LOVE to see MMORPG do a preview of LOD though, and put this all to rest. 

Crazkanuk

----------------
    Azarelos - 90 Hunter - Emerald
    Durnzig - 90 Paladin - Emerald
    Demonicron - 90 Death Knight - Emerald Dream - US
    Tankinpain - 90 Monk - Azjol-Nerub - US
    Brindell - 90 Warrior - Emerald Dream - US
    ----------------

• LordZeikLordZeik Member UncommonPosts: 276
    You just gave his game free publicity. Good job dummy. Ceases to amaze me how little people think things through. If you stay silent and let a game die on it's own it will. If you shout from the rooftops you got people who will start thinking. "This guy is probably a noob I got to try this game out." You people will never learn.
    Go to Steam and read the reviews of the game, you what Steam is yes?

This thread is not about Steam reviews.

• ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297
    Originally posted by LordZeik
    You just gave his game free publicity. Good job dummy. Ceases to amaze me how little people think things through. If you stay silent and let a game die on it's own it will. If you shout from the rooftops you got people who will start thinking. "This guy is probably a noob I got to try this game out." You people will never learn.

Oh I do hope as many people as possible see "Line of Defense". And read the comments. And post a review. With video.

Have fun

• JonBonJawaJonBonJawa Member UncommonPosts: 489

hold on a sec we´re talking about DS´ awesome FPS game Line of Defense, that alone deserves enough critcism not even necessary to talk about the person behind it.

And guess what, DS was the one plugging Line of Defense into his articles as comparison, over.. and over... and over. .. and over... again.

YES, IT WAS HIMSELF WHO DREW IT INTO THE DISCUSSION; PERIOD.

Guess what, what you call SC fanboys is just random people checking out his claims, verifying how "awesome" and playable Line of Defense really is and a gaming magazine doing a preview which I think mmorpg.com and others should do too. Why the hell not? It´s in Early Access, selling non tangible virtual items for up to 150$ and soon to be released so give us all the juicy info we need to know.

DS´s already playing the card "everyone who doesn´t think his game is awesome is automatically a troll and a SC fanboy"

So, either you think Line of Defense is the best MMOFPS ever or you´re a SC fan Roberts cultist, happy now? Makes sense. Let´s wait for further magazine previews/reviews.

Originally posted by CrazKanuk

I would LOVE to see MMORPG do a preview of LOD though, and put this all to rest. 

absolutely this 100%. They made an hour long podcast, now please go preview his game.

• Agent_JosephAgent_Joseph Member UncommonPosts: 1,361
    Originally posted by laserit

edit: p.s.  Mr Smart and other posters, please leave Star Citizen out of this thread, it has absolutely nothing to do with this discussion.

sorry man but you are wrong,those two games are very close conected  ;

Chris Roberts = Derek Smart

Star Citizen =  Line Of Defense

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,505

I will say it appears the definition of trolling is very broad, misunderstood, or they have very thin skins over there, just one of the many reasons to avoid most official forums. 

They arent interested in letting you post to their detriment.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Originally posted by DMKano
    OP - you advertise another product on steam forums (steam being a storefront), it will always get you banned. Trolling is just a label don't get too attached to it. Just don't advertise a competing product on steam and you won't get banned.

If you're referring to Outerra

Outerra is not a competing product, it's not a game. It's actually something that should pick Mr Smart's interest if he wasn't aware of it already.

Anyways:

Originally posted by dsmart

FYI, I was not the one who banned the person shown in the screen shot. There are several of us who delete threads/posts, and ban offenders.

When it comes to "Line of Defense" and 3000 A.D. you are the Head Honcho correct?

In your professional position, is the deletion of my post and the permanent banning of my account from the public "Line of Defense" forums justified?

If your opinion is that you do feel that your companies actions were justified, please explain why, in an honest, polite, mature and intelligent manner.

If your opinion is that it wasn't justified. A reinstatement of my forum account and an apology would be highly appreciated and respected.

I do believe an explanation is warranted for this personal matter.

I'm hoping for an explanation from the one who can give me an answer.

• HarikenHariken Member EpicPosts: 2,680

With what you say on the Line of Defense forums unless you want a permaban.

"Ban notification from a Line of Defense MMO developer — 16 Jul @ 1:26pm

You have been banned from Line of Defense MMO Discussions

You have been banned from Line of Defense MMO Discussions by a Line of Defense MMO developer for your post in "Space and Planet surface transition?": 

There are many great minds and many great things coming in the world of software development.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ahs3Gw8qLO4

http://www.outerra.com/index.html 

Play around with the tech demo

Shame on you Mr Smart.... Everything is possible, just being here on this planet talking about such things proves it.

Ban Reason: 

trolling

Please review the Discussions Rules and Guidelines.

This is a permanent ban."

Maybe Mr Smart can expand on his reasoning for this ban. I don't think trolling cuts it.

Lucky for me, you can't ban me here Mr Smart.

Your nothing but a Troll. So many of you now know if you say the wrong thing you will get banned and are doing so so you can come here and post about it. Nothing worse than people like you. All so you be on the bandwagon of hate for Mr.Smart. I guess you guys think it makes you cool too. Try growing up a little.

Originally posted by Hariken

You have been banned from Line of Defense MMO Discussions by a Line of Defense MMO developer for your post in "Space and Planet surface transition?": 

There are many great minds and many great things coming in the world of software development.

Shame on you Mr Smart.... Everything is possible, just being here on this planet talking about such things proves it.

Ban Reason: 

trolling

Maybe Mr Smart can expand on his reasoning for this ban. I don't think trolling cuts it.

Your nothing but a Troll. So many of you now know if you say the wrong thing you will get banned and are doing so so you can come here and post about it. Nothing worse than people like you. All so you be on the bandwagon of hate for Mr.Smart. I guess you guys think it makes you cool too. Try growing up a little.

You seem to fit your definition prettywell. I'll mark your comments down as idiotic.

Thanks for bumping my thread.

• ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297

The Smart Thing to Do:

1) Unban GameStar journalist Benjamin Danneberg

2) Stop claiming that "German" and "English" drivers are the root cause of some problems in playing "Line of Defense" (modern programming languages are working in any language ;-) only the front end UI  language is localised, the programming part is always the same and unchanged)

3) read up on "GameStar" PC gaming magazine  - this is not your average solo crazy blogger

http://www.gamestar.de/impressum/

4) Having a conversation with the international media  without calling anyone a "Troll"

5) Answering questions from journalists - perhaps even giving an interview

6) If there are misunderstandings or problems - explain your point of view (perhaps even without "strong language")

7) Spend more time working on the game "Line of Defense", spend less time in flamewars and banning people

Result:

a) Coverage in the international gaming media (GameStar is part of the Webedia Group, http://www.webedia.fr/

and until recently they were part of IDG http://www.idg.com/www/home.nsf/home?readform 

b) increased participation in Early Access testing

c) better reviews on Steam

d) a playable game in the medium term future

Have fun

• zytinzytin Member UncommonPosts: 202

Maybe it was the shame on you Mr. Smart part of your post?

A bit over-reactionary, I'd say, but from their perspective, if they are dealing with a lot of attacks, I can see why they aren't going to put up with any perceived insults.

No clue about LoD or SC, just what I've been reading on these forums.  Mr. Smart does comes off as a bully, though.  You have two types of people...Those who build their success based on their own ability and the value of what they have to offer, and those who build themselves up by tearing others down and pointing out everyone else's faults while bragging about how great they are as they ignore their own faults.  I've known the later type my whole working career,  Mr. Smart comes across as the later type.  I won't go near this game with someone else's money.

An example of the first type would be Mark Jacobs who's building Camelot Unchained.  I'm so impressed by that guy's attitude, friendly demeanor and ability to take responsibility and reasonably explain what is going on that I'm actually very seriously considering putting some money down on that project.

• hfztthfztt Member RarePosts: 1,401

Ban Reason: 

trolling

You trolled. You got a ban on Steam. Lucky you.

Why are you posting about it here?

Originally posted by zytin

Maybe it was the shame on you Mr. Smart part of your post?

A bit over-reactionary, I'd say, but from their perspective, if they are dealing with a lot of attacks, I can see why they aren't going to put up with any perceived insults.

No clue about LoD or SC, just what I've been reading on these forums.  Mr. Smart does comes off as a bully, though.  You have two types of people...Those who build their success based on their own ability and the value of what they have to offer, and those who build themselves up by tearing others down and pointing out everyone else's faults while bragging about how great they are as they ignore their own faults.  I've known the later type my whole working career,  Mr. Smart comes across as the later type.  I won't go near this game with someone else's money.

An example of the first type would be Mark Jacobs who's building Camelot Unchained.  I'm so impressed by that guy's attitude, friendly demeanor and ability to take responsibility and reasonably explain what is going on that I'm actually very seriously considering putting some money down on that project.

Your reasoning on the matter sounds very plausible, my intent wasn't to insult.

I agree with you comment about Mark Jacobs. I get the sense of a real person, there's a lot of humility there.

Originally posted by hfztt

Ban Reason: 

trolling

You trolled. You got a ban on Steam. Lucky you.

Why are you posting about it here?

Your opinion.

I'm posting about it here because I can't post about it there and the one responsible whether he did the banning or not, frequents this forum as seen earlier in this thread.

• MadDemon64MadDemon64 Member UncommonPosts: 1,102
    Originally posted by Erillion

The Smart Thing to Do:

1) Unban GameStar journalist Benjamin Danneberg

2) Stop claiming that "German" and "English" drivers are the root cause of some problems in playing "Line of Defense" (modern programming languages are working in any language ;-) only the front end UI  language is localised, the programming part is always the same and unchanged)

3) read up on "GameStar" PC gaming magazine  - this is not your average solo crazy blogger

http://www.gamestar.de/impressum/

4) Having a conversation with the international media  without calling anyone a "Troll"

5) Answering questions from journalists - perhaps even giving an interview

6) If there are misunderstandings or problems - explain your point of view (perhaps even without "strong language")

7) Spend more time working on the game "Line of Defense", spend less time in flamewars and banning people

Telling Derek Smart what "the smart thing to do" is.

Since when is Tuesday a direction?

• AmanaAmana Moderator UncommonPosts: 3,912
    Locking this as we have done on other occasions. Mainly because 'I'm banned' or other threads that serve no purpose other than to complain about moderation practices on other sites effectively just drag venting and sometimes drama over here. We do make some exceptions on a case by case basis but generally, we lock this sort of thing.

To give feedback on moderation, contact [email protected]

This discussion has been closed.