Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Firefall

time007time007 Member UncommonPosts: 1,062

How does this game stack up vs Firefall.  I found myself really really liking Firefall as its the first MMOFPS i really engaged in.  I found planetside to be, um, sort of not deep enough.  not the character progression i was used to, but firefall has the character progression etc.  

I hope it leans more toward Firefall than it does Planetside, but i doubt it.  

I mean, how do you have any character progression in this game?  I am really wondering how you go about outfitting your character and increasing in skills or making your character unique vs other players.  I didnt hate planetside and i really like firefall, so i'm hoping i can find reasons to want to play this game long term.  otherwise i'll be stuck playing wildstar when it goes F2P.  

IMPORTANT:  Please keep all replies to my posts about GAMING.  Please no negative or backhanded comments directed at me personally.  If you are going to post a reply that includes how you feel about me, please don't bother replying & just ignore my post instead.  I'm on this forum to talk about GAMING.  Thank you.

Comments

• ThupliThupli Member RarePosts: 1,318
  • time007time007 Member UncommonPosts: 1,062
    Originally posted by Thupli
    Do you not like firefall anymore?

I do BUT firefall is 2-3 years old and its only a matter of another 2 years or so until its graphics become dated.  it would have been cool to have played firefall from the start and I'll keep playing it, but graphics are important to me and they are fine for now.  but maybe 2-3 years down the road i might not be saying that.

plus in order to get my friends to play and keep playing, they are looking for good graphics as well.  (again firefall's graphics are fine as of now, but that was one of the reason's i left daoc.  after 10 years its graphics just go too old)

dont' want to get into a debate of mmo life cycles etc.  Lets just say i caught firefall's in the middle i guess? but i'm looking to get into one at the beginning hehe.

IMPORTANT:  Please keep all replies to my posts about GAMING.  Please no negative or backhanded comments directed at me personally.  If you are going to post a reply that includes how you feel about me, please don't bother replying & just ignore my post instead.  I'm on this forum to talk about GAMING.  Thank you.
  • EverketEverket Member UncommonPosts: 244
    Firefall released 1 year ago. Have you seen the graphics for this game yet? Although it's very early there is few indications that it will be a looot better. It seems insane to compare firefall and daoc. Daoc is another generation, or maybe even several generation. When this game releases, firefall won't be that old and certainly not a generation behind.
  • ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534
    Originally posted by Everket
    Firefall released 1 year ago. Have you seen the graphics for this game yet? Although it's very early there is few indications that it will be a looot better. It seems insane to compare firefall and daoc. Daoc is another generation, or maybe even several generation. When this game releases, firefall won't be that old and certainly not a generation behind.

yep, and that's the prob.

people aren't comparing games with DAoC or EQ anymore, they compare em with WoW.

and that's what you get for comparing only gfx.

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"