Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Be Very Very Carefull

laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591

With what you say on the Line of Defense forums unless you want a permaban.

"Ban notification from a Line of Defense MMO developer — 16 Jul @ 1:26pm

You have been banned from Line of Defense MMO Discussions

You have been banned from Line of Defense MMO Discussions by a Line of Defense MMO developer for your post in "Space and Planet surface transition?": 

There are many great minds and many great things coming in the world of software development.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ahs3Gw8qLO4

http://www.outerra.com/index.html 

Play around with the tech demo

Shame on you Mr Smart.... Everything is possible, just being here on this planet talking about such things proves it.

Ban Reason: 

trolling

Please review the Discussions Rules and Guidelines.

This is a permanent ban."

Maybe Mr Smart can expand on his reasoning for this ban. I don't think trolling cuts it.

Lucky for me, you can't ban me here Mr Smart.

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

Comments

• Agent_JosephAgent_Joseph Member UncommonPosts: 1,361
    you are banned by Steam not  personal by showman Mr Smart
  • tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227

In other news... Water is wet. 

This have been a good conversation

• laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
    Originally posted by Agent_Joseph

"You have been banned from Line of Defense MMO Discussions by a Line of Defense MMO developer"

• MadDemon64MadDemon64 Member UncommonPosts: 1,102

Same happened to me when I posted a comment on the forum of his "MMO" Alganon.

Some things never change.

Since when is Tuesday a direction?

• CrazKanukCrazKanuk Member EpicPosts: 6,130
    Originally posted by Agent_Joseph

Steam does not moderate game devs forums. 

Crazkanuk

----------------
    Azarelos - 90 Hunter - Emerald
    Durnzig - 90 Paladin - Emerald
    Demonicron - 90 Death Knight - Emerald Dream - US
    Tankinpain - 90 Monk - Azjol-Nerub - US
    Brindell - 90 Warrior - Emerald Dream - US
    ----------------

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247

YOU got banned for trolling? Either you post differently there than you do here or they have a much stricter definition of trolling. You never came across as the trolling type.

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

Originally posted by Loktofeit

YOU got banned for trolling? Either you post differently there than you do here or they have a much stricter definition of trolling. You never came across as the trolling type.

That is the one and only post I have ever made in the Line of Defence forums. If memory serves me right, I have a total of two posts in the Steam forums period.

I was hoping for a positive type of conversation as I think the type of space to planet transition as shown on Outerra is pretty darn cool. I'd love to see this in games.

I guess I'll just have to surmise that Mr Smart just doesn't like me.

• RusqueRusque Member RarePosts: 2,785

I learned two things:

1. Line of Defense is on steam.

2. People are discussing Line of Defense on the steam forums which means people are playing Line of Defense.

You want to know the real secret to winning the battle against Derek Smart? Ignore him and his games.

Also of note, SC is never going to live up to the hype. Both DS and SC are lame. There. Deal with it.

• Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    I guess he really doesn't like criticism. image

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• dsmartdsmart Member UncommonPosts: 386
    Originally posted by Azaron_Nightblade

Nothing to do with that. We simply don't tolerate trolling.

And the past 48hrs have been horrendous when the Star Citizen fanboys, spurred on by the Gamestar.de article, decided to descend on the forums to attack us, and the game. The same thing they've tried to do here on MMORPG, and which has led to no less than three locked threads now.

It got so bad that we had a German speaking Valve moderator come in, coral everyone into a single mega-thread, and help us keep it on lock down.

FYI, I was not the one who banned the person shown in the screen shot. There are several of us who delete threads/posts, and ban offenders.

The Steam forums are a cesspool of malcontent, and we simply don't tolerate it on our forums.

People conveniently confuse freedom-of-speech (a right they simply do not have) with the right to be an ass, and then cry foul when they find themselves being moderated.

Game developers are just human beings who happen to make games for a living.
    If you want to hold us up to higher standards of conduct, then go ahead
    ...but don't be surprised if we don't uphold them.

• JonBonJawaJonBonJawa Member UncommonPosts: 489
    REPLIES IN FAT GREEN:
    Originally posted by dsmart

Knowing that I am still going to get attacked, regardless, let me just post the sequence of events, and let you - the sane ones - mull it over and draw your own conclusions.

->THIS IS SUPPOSED TO BE ABOUT YOUR GAME; NOT ABOUT YOU DEREK SMART PLAYING THE VICTIM. LET`S TALK ABOUT YOUR GAME LINE OF DEFENSE INSTEAD.

And through the attacks from Germans (all of them who read the article), I made two posts (1, 2) regarding the game. 

->A GERMAN MAGAZINE ATTEMPTING TO PREVIEW THE PRODUCT YOU KEPT ADVERTISING IS AN ATTACK? INTERESTING.

Basically, the magazine ran a "review" story, about and Early Access game - without stating it as such. Then, the very next day, ran another click-bait story with the byline that "Derek Smart hates Gamestar" or something like that. 

->RIGHT; THAT`S WHY THEY TALKED FOR MINUTES ABOUT STEAM AND  EARLY ACCESS AND POINTED OUT HOW LONG LINE OF DEFENCE HAS BEEN SOLD AS EARLY ACCESS IN THE ARTICLE. SO, YOU ARE LYING HERE.

http://www.gamestar.de/spiele/line-of-defense/artikel/line_of_defense,48160,3234021,2.html#die-early-access-luege

->YOU SURE ENJOYED THE CLICKBAIT YOUR ARTICLES CAUSED, DIDN´T YOU?  NOW YOUR OWN GAME IS SUBJECT TO THE CLICKBAIT, GOT A PROBLEM WITH THAT?

Below is how it all started. I am going to mangle two Steam forum threads together, in order to provide the full picture in one place.

Ben Danneberg, the editor of the magazine, created a tech support report in order to boost his story.

->THAT`S YOUR WILD IMAGINATION. IN FACT I`M PRETTY SURE YOU DIDN`T KNOW THAT THE PRESS IS REVIEWING YOUR EARLY ACCESS PRODUCT LINE OF DEFENSE AND NOW YOU REGRET CAUSING ANOTHER PR DISASTER.

In fact, we treated it like any other report because we immediately pulled the patch while we investigated because we thought the report was genuine.

-> IT WAS GENUINE; NO POINT DENYING THE BUGS AND CRASHES HE ENCOUNTERED.

After we ran some tests, and discovered that we were just being trolled. Especially by someone with a free Starter Kit account, who, even though said he was never able to get into the game, somehow managed to write a lengthy missive about it.

->WHY DON`T YOU DELIVER A QUOTE OF SAID TROLLING? WHAT -EXACTLY- WAS THE TROLLING QUOTE? DELIVER IT NOW IN YOUR REPLY. THIS IS NOT THE STEAM FORUM WHERE YOU CAN DELETE ANY CRITICAL QUESTIONS ABOUT LINE OF DEFENSE.

So we restored the patch since it was working just fine, and nobody reported any of those problems with it. 

And from his other comments, asking for completion (!), items etc, it was clear that he was trolling us. And he didn't even own the game.

->MORE INTERESTING STUFF I SEE. SO ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT WHEN YOUR GAME WILL BE COMPLETED; WHEN PROMISED FEATURES WILL BE IMPLEMENTED; WHEN VIRTUAL ITEMS YOU KEEP SELLING ON STEAM WILL ACTUALLY BE IN THE GAME IS TROLLING? JUICY. DIDN`T YOU JUST RECENTLY BASH A COMPETITOR PRODUCT FOR SELLING VIRTUAL ITEMS THAT ARE NOT IN THE GAME YET? HOW IS THAT DIFFERENT FROM WHAT YOU ARE DOING?

I WONDER IF YOU SEE THE IRONY AND DOUBLE STANDARDS HERE BUT I DOUBT YOU DO. AND ISN`T YOUR GAME GOING TO BE F2P ? SO WHAT DO YOU MEAN BY OWNING THE GAME? PLAYERS HAVE TO TO BUY A 100$ PACK TO OWN THE GAME TO BE ABLE TO CRITICISE IT?

Next thing we know, an article goes up today about precisely that.

That's the media for you.

->YEAH. THAT`S THE MEDIA DOING A PREVIEW ON YOUR PRODUCT; ENTIRELY FOR FREE. AND YOU MESSED IT UP.

Yes, we know that they are big Star Citizen fans over there,

->YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT GAMESTAR; ZERO; NADA. YOU YOURSELF SAID YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT GERMAN MAGAZINES; BUT NOW YOU SOMEHOW KNOW THEY ARE BIG SC FANS? IN FACT THEY EVEN AGREED IN PARTS WITH YOUR FIRST ARTICLE IN A PREVIOUS REPORT WEEKS AGO ABOUT THE QUESTION IF STAR CITIZEN CAN BE MADE OR NOT. THEY EVEN HAD A DISCUSSION VIDEO. SO, NEXT FAIL ARGUMENT PLEASE.

so this is just another of those things where they're directing attacks toward us in retaliation because of my Star Citizen blog posts.

->RIDICULOUS. YOU ADVERTISED YOUR GAME IN YOUR ARTICLES, THEY CHECKED OUT IF YOU WERE JUST BLOWING OFF HOT AIR OR IF LINE OF DEFENSE IS INDEED AS AWESOME AS YOU WERE CLAIMING. BOTTOMLINE; IT`S NOT. THEY DID INVESTIGATIVE JOURNALISM OF HIGHEST QUALITY, SOMETHING OTHER MAGAZINES AND WEBSITES SHOULD HAVE DONE WEEKS AGO.

None of this matters. The game is in Early Access (since Sept 2014) and the extensive changelog[lodmmo.com], as well as the bug reports, already show our regular updates, fixes, tweaks etc. 

They want to compare an indie game, made by less than a dozen people, for less than $12m, over a span of five years, to an $85m crowd-funded, train-wreck by 500+ people who, after four years, don't have a "game", but two stand-alone modules (Hangar, Arena Commander) which are buggy as hell.

->APPARENTLY YOU DON`T HAVE A WORKING GAME EITHER OR WHY DO YOU KEEP STRESSING THE EARLY ACCESS STATUS OF LINE OF DEFENSE?. GAMESTAR DIDN`T EVEN COMPARE YOUR GAME; THEY PREVIEWED YOUR GAME AND CHECKED YOUR CLAIMS YOU MADE ABOUT IT IN YOUR SC ARTICLES. PERIOD.

->YOUR GAME IS IN DEVELOPMENT FOR 5 YEARS;  EVERYONE CAN SEE THE STATE IT`S IN AND MAKE UP HIS OWN MIND. YOU SELL VIRTUAL ITEMS FOR AN EARLY ACCESS TITLE WITH MISSING FEATURES, ITEMS THAT ARE NOT FULLY IMPLEMENTED AND BAN A VETERAN JOURNALIST WHO ASKED WHEN CERTAIN FEATURES AND ITEMS WILL BE IMPLEMENTED.

->YOU REPEATEDLY LIE ABOUT SC HAVING "500+ PEOPLE"; WHEN IN REALITY IT`S 285 THIS YEAR, LAST YEAR IT WAS LESS THAN 150 AND THE YEAR PRIOR IT WAS AROUND 60. YOU OBVIOUSLY ADDED NUMBERS OF YEAR 1,2 and 3. FAIL. IS BASIC MATH SO HARD FOR MR. PHD SMART? YOU ALSO SEEM TO HAVE TROUBLES CALCULATING DATES; SC STARTED FINANCING IN NOVEMBER 2012, TEAM MEMBERS DON`T GROW ON TREES. THE SC DEV TIME IS 2.7 YEARS, NOT 4. AND CERTAINLY NOT 5+ YEARS LIKE LINE OF DEFENSE. AGAIN; LEARN MATH.

Also, he is a "reviewing games every day", but yet, wrote an entire missive about a) an Early Access game b) which he spent less than 23 mins (yes, I checked) in?

-> SO TELL US; HOW CAN GAMESTAR HAVE OVER AN HOUR OF LINE OF DEFENSE FOOTAGE AND BEN DANNEBERGS STEAM CLOCK SHOWING 6 HOURS? DELIVER A SCREENSHOT OF SAID 23 MINUTES. YOU THINK THE ENTIRE FOOTAGE OF THE PREVIEW VIDEO WAS RECORDED IN 23 MINUTES? REALLY?

How can you do any sort of objective review (forget about the fact that it is an Early Access game) based on this? 

-> EARLY ACCESS THIS, EARLY ACCESS THAT, CUT IT OUT. THANK GOD YOUR SC "REVIEW", ARTICLE; OR WHATEVER YOU CALL IT WAS BASED ON THE FINAL GAME. NOT. YOU`RE SO INDULGENT TOWARDS YOUR OWN GAME, IT`S HILARIOUS YOU DON`T SEE YOUR OWN DOUBLE STANDARDS HAVING THE SIZE OF PLUTO.

I'd like someone to explain this logic to me.

Aside from that, the game is released for English language only. It's not localized, will NEVER be localized, and have no interest in supporting ANY other language other than English. 

-> NO ONE AT GAMESTAR HAD A LANGUAGE PROBLEM. NO ONE. GRASPING AT STRAWS NOW.

So considering the fact that ALL drivers (audio, video etc) are different from English versions, how are we to know wtf his problem is, if we've never tested on a German machine, let alone claimed ANY localized support for that language and platform?

-> I HAVE NEVER READ BIGGER NONSENSE THAN THAT. I HAVE FOUR PROGRAMMERS AROUND AND SHOWED THEM YOUR CLAIM ABOUT "GERMAN DRIVERS" AND "GERMAN MACHINES", WHAT FOLLOWED WAS THE BEST LAUGH WE HAD THE ENTIRE WEEK. THANK YOU. GO AHEAD, POINT OUT THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN "GERMAN" NVIDIA GRAPHICS DRIVERS AND U.S. DRIVERS; HERE AND NOW, IN PUBLIC. WE ARE LISTENING.

The simple fact is that "Ben" was being disingenuous. And writing a "review" based on an Early Access game that's months from completion, is pure ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥.

->THE GAMESTAR LINE OF DEFENSE ARTICLE SAYS PRE-VIEW. PRE PRE PRE. THAT`S THE THING THAT COMES BEFORE THE RE-VIEW. AND THANKS FOR PULLING OUT YOUR EARLY ACCESS CARTE BLANCHE FOR THE UMPTEENTH TIME.  EARLY ACCESS, EARLY SCHMEXXES. YOUR GAME, AFTER 5 YEARS OF DEVELOPMENT IS STILL BUGGY AND INCOMPLETE, SOME COULD EVEN CLAIM IT`S VAPORWARE, WITH VIRTUAL ITEMS THAT DO NOT EVEN EXIST YET. SOUNDS FAMILIAR? 

And the fact that, mere days later, we find out who "Ben" is, confirms my initial suspicion that his intentions were not designed to seek help or assistance. They were designed to be an attack on us, and the game, for page hits.

->YEAH WE GET IT. YOU "FOUND OUT" WHO BEN IS, SHERLOCK, AND A PC GAMING MAGAZINE COMPILING FOOTAGE FROM YOUR GAME IS TROLLING. REPORTING BUGS IN YOUR GAME IS TROLLING. ASKING HARD QUESTIONS ABOUT LINE OF DEFENSE IS TROLLING. BAN THEM ALL, BAN THEM. WONDER IF YOU CAN BEAT -> YOUR PEAK CONCURRENCY OF 4 PLAYERS <-IF THESE NUMBERS ARE ACCURATE.  IT`S PROBABLY JUST STEAMCHARTS.COM TROLLING YOU. BAN THEM TOO. BAN THE WHOLE WORLD.

• SeelinnikoiSeelinnikoi Member RarePosts: 1,360

To be honest they should make as such that only people who have actually bought the game, to be allowed to post there.

And make a separate small subsection of it to cater to would-be buyers/potential customers.

Also, where can we get a key to test drive the game like those people did? 

If you are a Star Wars fan, why not try the Star Wars The Old Republic?
    New players can get a welcome package and old/returning players can also get a welcome back package and 7 days free subscription time! Just click here to use my referral invitation
  • dsmartdsmart Member UncommonPosts: 386
    Originally posted by Seelinnikoi

To be honest they should make as such that only people who have actually bought the game, to be allowed to post there.

And make a separate small subsection of it to cater to would-be buyers/potential customers.

Also, where can we get a key to test drive the game like those people did? 

Indeed. The problem is that Steam requires at least one forum to be open to everyone. Right now, we have three forums. Two are set to "Game Owner" posting only. So it is the general forum that is open to all, that is getting hit with this sort of behavior.

Send me a forum message here, and I will give you a CBT Starter Kit key. We have a new build due out on Friday.

Here is a first impressions that one of the German Valve moderators posted about an hour ago.

Game developers are just human beings who happen to make games for a living.
    If you want to hold us up to higher standards of conduct, then go ahead
    ...but don't be surprised if we don't uphold them.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

Well sadly rules SHOULD be LEGAL ones and ones with clear cut definitions,but MOST forums like to make rules that are completely vague and void of any merit,for their own personal agenda.

Examples...Protecting valued customers,developers,advertising.So in other words to make it simple to understand ,rules are often biased and not complementary to the most important people,the users.

In all my years of experience,it is the f2p Asian games that have the worst moderation and by a long shot.Simple reason,they have a LOT to hide.If every bit of bad information leaked out to all those naive,blind gamer's the game and developer would be carrying a bad reputation.

I can say straight up that Frogster had the worst reputation of them all,go figure they decided to change their name ..lmao,you can run but you can't hide.

Bottom line is use your best judgement,if a developer  or website is being unfair,do NOT support them,if you can see some reasoning in the rules then of course cut them some slack.Sadly you would THINK they understand that the ONLY reason they even have a job is because of the gamer,but that feeling of power often clouds people's judgment.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• PixelPersonaPixelPersona Member UncommonPosts: 23

And the past 48hrs have been horrendous when the Star Citizen fanboys, spurred on by the Gamestar.de article, decided to descend on the forums to attack us, and the game. The same thing they've tried to do here on MMORPG, and which has led to no less than three locked threads now.

It got so bad that we had a German speaking Valve moderator come in, coral everyone into a single mega-thread, and help us keep it on lock down.

FYI, I was not the one who banned the person shown in the screen shot. There are several of us who delete threads/posts, and ban offenders.

The Steam forums are a cesspool of malcontent, and we simply don't tolerate it on our forums.

People conveniently confuse freedom-of-speech (a right they simply do not have) with the right to be an ass, and then cry foul when they find themselves being moderated.

Actually it is freedom of speech even if its being an ass in the process. The problem usually runs when you have over moderation giving people a reason to cry foul.

I wouldnt last two days on your forums because I was raised not to put up with BS of the likes you are slinging.

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    Originally posted by Rusque

I learned two things:

1. Line of Defense is on steam.

2. People are discussing Line of Defense on the steam forums which means people are playing Line of Defense.

You want to know the real secret to winning the battle against Derek Smart? Ignore him and his games.

Also of note, SC is never going to live up to the hype. Both DS and SC are lame. There. Deal with it.

Well, a few years back almost everyone were discussing Darkfall (just before and after it's release, one of the most posted about games here) yet surprisingly few people actually played it.

Heck, I discussed soccer last week and I sure as #¤%& don't play soccer.

My point anyways is: maybe they play, maybe they don't but discussing something in a forum is no sure way to tell. In fact are we discussing EQN in this forum and no-one except maybe in house alpha testers have tried it so far.

And no, I will take no actual part in the SC Vs LoD PvP, I will just point out that forumposts isn't a good judgement for anything.

Also: OP, that seems really harsch if that just were your post. Trolls should be banned to focus on people who actually add something to the discussion or at least don't makes it worse. This is more crying wolf of the mods.

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860
    Originally posted by MadDemon64

Same happened to me when I posted a comment on the forum of his "MMO" Alganon.

Some things never change.

Smart was obnoxious in that forum. He had no business being there. All he did was censored the few players that were there and they left also. Too bad because the game has/had some good features.

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

Ya...   So....  you've seen my post from the "Line of Defense" forums.

When it comes to "Line of Defense" and 3000 A.D. you are the Head Honcho correct?

In your professional position, is the deletion of my post and the permanent banning of my account from the public "Line of Defense" forums justified?

If your opinion is that you do feel that your companies actions were justified, please explain why, in an honest, polite, mature and intelligent manner.

If your opinion is that it wasn't justified. A reinstatement of my forum account and an apology would be highly appreciated and respected.

I do believe an explanation is warranted for this personal matter.

edit: p.s.  Mr Smart and other posters, please leave Star Citizen out of this thread, it has absolutely nothing to do with this discussion.

• TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619

LOL, poster says "Shame on you" and gets a permaban.  I think someone is mad his games peak player count was a whopping "4" over the last 30 days...

http://steamcharts.com/app/266620

"Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

• ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297

Here is a first impressions that one of the German Valve moderators posted about an hour ago.

From the comment of that Valve moderator:

Positive:

"After watching the video published by Gamestar, I expected that there are no reloading animations, which surprisingly is incorrect. For the weapons I used, there are reloading animations which are not even too bad in my opinion.
    Another very positive aspect is the login using Steam Open Id which takes away the requirement to create a separate account."

Negative:

"Performance

With above-mentioned setup I was able to play the game at roughly 20 FPS on average. This is pretty low, but as the game is still in Early Access state there's still time to work on improving that. For the moment, the low FPS makes playing the game pretty uncomfortable, though.
    Besides that, the game crashed quite often, most times either when spawning in a map or when trying to get back to the main menu. In order to allow you to look into this using some more detailed information, I've made sure to send a crash report.

Bugs

As mentioned by other users (and to some extent also noted in one of the stickies in the forums), when trying to spawn in a map you either get spawned below the map or get stuck within scene elements. Though a frequent issue, considering that this seems to be a known problem I won't go into detail.
    Another bug that I noticed let's you spawn in an almost completely dark map making it pretty much impossible to move or otherwise play properly.
    There are some other minor bugs like textures that you can walk through even though you shouldn't, but as this title is still in Early Access, this is probably going to be fixed sooner or later."

So ... according to a Valve moderator YOU linked to ... one falls through terrain, on a dark map, with 20 fps or less, then crash to desktop. BUT one weapon has a reload animation AND its easy to login.

As this is basically the same what the GameStar journalist wrote .... when will you permaban the Valve moderator for trolling?

Have fun

PS:

Some facts from Steam:

maximum concurrent users (all time)                = 111

current maximum concurrent user (July 2015) = 4

Reviews :  "Größtenteils negativ"  (=Largely negative) .. 109 reviews  (--> compare this with 111 max. concurrent users)

http://store.steampowered.com/app/266620/#app_reviews_hash

I scrolled down the first 30 reviews, then i stopped ... ALL of them negative (many of them are from March, when the game was Free to Play on Steam). That included people with 10 hours game time. Which (the guy who played 10 hours)  IMHO is pretty heroic .... for comparison:   the GameStar journalist had 74 crashes in 6 hours of gametime.

PPS:

Derek Smart is now claiming in the LOD Steam Megathread that the GameStar video was manipulated ;-)

".... video (which was manipulated btw - we have proof)..."

http://steamcommunity.com/app/266620/discussions/0/535151589904350568/#p8

And his reaction to all the comments ? (same link as above)   Will he throw all his energy into correcting the errors of LOD and make it playable ? Will he do some work on his OWN game ?  NOPE. He is writing blogs. Much more productive ;-) Much more constructive ;-)

Derek Smart: "Anyway, I think that after 48hrs, it is time for me to stop discussing the Gamestar issue. I am writing a blog about what went down. Once that hits next week, we get to do this all over again."

Of course, after that post he did not stop discussing and continued The Smarty Way as usual ;-)

Derek Smart on Line of Defense refunds:

http://steamcommunity.com/app/266620/discussions/0/535151589911076122/

Review of Line of Defense on Youtube

(from March 2015, when it was Free to Play on Steam ... that was when the concurrent maximum user count  of 111 happened ... now the peak is: 4 ... one of them was the GameStar journalist Benjamin Danneberg, the other is a Valve moderator "Scream")

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OlYGgju1R2o&feature=youtu.be

Have fun

• gipfeligipfeli Member UncommonPosts: 98
    Originally posted by Erillion

Review of Line of Defense on Youtube

(from March 2015, when it was Free to Play on Steam ... that was when the concurrent maximum user count  of 111 happened ... now the peak is: 4 ... one of them was the GameStar journalist Benjamin Danneberg, the other is a Valve moderator "Scream")

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OlYGgju1R2o&feature=youtu.be

Have fun

and who are the other 2 people? let's find them and drink a beer with them :)

Originally posted by gipfeli

The general suspicion is that ONE of the other 2 online was Derek Smart himself.

The 4th user is still unknown ....

You cannot drink a beer in Line of Defense at the moment.  In other games you can ;-)  (won't mention which one ....)

Have fun

• gipfeligipfeli Member UncommonPosts: 98
    Originally posted by Erillion
    Originally posted by gipfeli

The general suspicion is that ONE of the other 2 online was Derek Smart himself.

The 4th user is still unknown ....

You cannot drink a beer in Line of Defense at the moment.  In other games you can ;-)  (won't mention which one ....)

Have fun

oh i would LOVE to drink a beer with mr. smart .. and of course the other guy if we ever find him :)!

• mayito7777mayito7777 Member UncommonPosts: 768

Wow the hate against Derek is strong here, I feel the presence of a bunch of wannabie Sith Lords.

If you check the comments in Steam they have nothing to do with the game and everything to do with Derek stance against SC. If you read in Steam the comments about the game they are all people calling Derek out because he dare criticize the "golden Vaporware" called SC. Be honest if you are going to review a game dont accuse the creator of been an enemy of SC that is not a review. That is just hate towards that man because he dare to challenge the "little gods" of the team of SC. You are just hypocrites.

want 7 free days of playing? Try this

http://www.swtor.com/r/ZptVnY

This discussion has been closed.