Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Server Wipe Confusion - J.C. Smith - Please Clarify

2»

Comments

• AlumicardAlumicard Member UncommonPosts: 388
    Originally posted by JC-Smith
    Originally posted by Alumicard

One question I'd have at the Repop devs, someone said in chat yesterday that backers would keep their stuff even after launch. Personally I call bs but since I just joined and coudnt find anything on the website Im curious if that is true.

Whoever wrote that in chat was incorrect. There will be a wipe just before launch. Backers will keep their membership perks etc, but their characters will be wiped.

Good to know the game starts new on launch. Thanks for taking the time.

• mayito7777mayito7777 Member UncommonPosts: 768

Another game that will miss the opportunity because not having a PVE server, learn from Wildstar, this hardcore only PVP best players mentality ends causing the games to cave in, learn from Wildstar.

No PVE server thank you enjoy your game, I am moving to other pastures.

want 7 free days of playing? Try this

http://www.swtor.com/r/ZptVnY

• Joster91Joster91 Member CommonPosts: 5
    I can't wait for the hardcore ruleset server!
  • Joster91Joster91 Member CommonPosts: 5
    Originally posted by NightHaveN
    Betas used to be free.

If a company cant secure developing funds without coming to users withva half baked product, theyvshould not develop at all.

You can sign up for beta right now, and if you are chosen you will get into beta for free. Or you can try and get a key from one of the live streams, and you can get into the game now, but it is in Alpha stage.

Right now you can only buy into the early stages of Alpha, to test the game, the game is not complete and you should not expect it to be, you are there to help test the game, and help the devs make a great game.

Once beta rolls around, the game will be mostly feature complete and at that time, you can get into close beta via an invite, or once open beta rolls around you can jump right in. From what I know once the game is launched it, will be a free to play game, with an cash shop/optional membership for account services and other things.

• LotharenLotharen Member UncommonPosts: 26
    Originally posted by NightHaveN
    Betas used to be free.

If a company cant secure developing funds without coming to users withva half baked product, theyvshould not develop at all.

This isn't Beta, this is Alpha. If someone purchases the game now its to help fund the development. The Repopulation doesn't have the backing a game like Star Citizen has, if you don't want to contribute you don't have to. I seem to remember reading on the steam page they actually advise you 'not to' buy in if you don't want to play an unfinished game.

Honestly Ive seen AAA games that were FAR worse than this in there alpha's - Landmark come to mind. I paid into the game because I want to see this game launch - simple as that. In the 8 months since I have, I've  seen a metric ton of updates and I think the game has a bright future.

As for the server wipe, there are tons of places that it is listed at. The most current being the twitch live streams they are doing every Saturday - and they have repeated it every cast for the last 3 weeks. Wipe at launch - for everyone.