Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PSO2 - SE Asian Version Drops Region-blocking

BitripBitrip Member UncommonPosts: 279
OMG! This is awesome news. A good step in the right direction. Read the full article here

Now, which one of you will adorn me today?

Comments

• mattic65mattic65 Member UncommonPosts: 191
    I've been playing on the SEA servers since this news popped.  So far no troubles creating an account, logging in or playing. And there's little to no lag whatsoever.
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,885
    From what I am reading the IP block was removed because Singapore telecom was blocked so it is possible they may reintroduce the IP Block. Have they come out and said it has been removed. Kinda hesitant to invest in the game if AsiaSoft reinstitutes the block of the IP later.

Originally posted by kitarad
    From what I am reading the IP block was removed because Singapore telecom was blocked so it is possible they may reintroduce the IP Block. Have they come out and said it has been removed. Kinda hesitant to invest in the game if AsiaSoft reinstitutes the block of the IP later.

I was hesitant for the same reason, but my hesitation couldn't override my desire to play the game! I'm trying to remain cautiously optimistic about the longevity of the IP ban being lifted. I REALLY want this game to be my home.

• warsaber1375warsaber1375 Member UncommonPosts: 19
    Well its a good thing you did, cause the IP block went up again right after that maintenance this morning
    Ha !! Great I downloaded it in like 2 hours the 14 gig but have not played it yet just created a playid account is all thank heavens I had not invested in this. I might look into the Japanase SEGA version that does not have an IP block although the Japanese captcha is a tough one.

Originally posted by warsaber1375
    Well its a good thing you did, cause the IP block went up again right after that maintenance this morning

I always thought it would, but there was a small glimmer of hope...oh well. It was fun while it lasted...

Is anyone else on the Japanese servers having horrible lag. I freeze every time I move like for 3-5 seconds. It is annoying to play like this. Even in the instances is it because the servers are in Japan and I am playing from Europe ?

• warsaber1375warsaber1375 Member UncommonPosts: 19
    I'm on the JP server now, the only lag i have is when i log into the hub for the first time, but that only last maybe 4-5 seconds then runs pretty decent.
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    kitarad said:
    Ha !! Great I downloaded it in like 2 hours the 14 gig but have not played it yet just created a playid account is all thank heavens I had not invested in this. I might look into the Japanase SEGA version that does not have an IP block although the Japanese captcha is a tough one.

When did they remove the ip block for Japanese servers? I haven't tried the PC version but I have a Japanese PS4 account and it's always been ip blocked.