Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Will Smed's fall change the "Eve / Sandbox" vision of EverQuest "Next"?

DauzqulDauzqul Member RarePosts: 1,982

For some reason, I think Smed finally knew what to do to make EQ3 a superior niche. Now that he's gone (or demoted?), I wonder if the vision for EQ3 will change...

Any ideas?

Comments

• AeliousAelious Member RarePosts: 3,521
    I don't think it was ever supposed to be like EvE. It was stated as the largest "sandbox style" MMO ever created. I'm not sure the original ideas will be changed, at least not because of Smed temporarily leaving the offices. It would very much have a unique slot in the market still as an evolving sandpark.
  • Daffid011Daffid011 Member UncommonPosts: 7,945

Smed leaving will most likely have little effect on the vision of EQNext.

The team was most likely already working on what can or cannot be kept of their original vision after dealing with new ownership and the company losing half of their staff. 

• ThebeastttThebeasttt Member RarePosts: 1,130
    The sandbox vision was lost long before Smed left. Sadly it's more likely to be a sandbox now then before but much more likely to turn into some crappy tablet game.
  • craftseekercraftseeker Member RarePosts: 1,740
    Originally posted by Dauzqul

For some reason, I think Smed finally knew what to do to make EQ3 a superior niche. Now that he's gone (or demoted?), I wonder if the vision for EQ3 will change...

Any ideas?

EQ3????????????????????????????????????????

What EQ3?  That was killed in 2013.

EQ:N is in no way and never has been EQ 3.   Whatever you think of it is not the third Everquest game, it will be (if it ever is) a new game from DBG.

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    A new CEO can always change things and we wont know that till Russ starts to flex his power. My guess is this wont change a thing. This game is still heading to be the largest sandbox MMO ever made, win or fail. Got my popcorn and watching the show. If it burns and fail or makes it huge both will bring drama that will be fun to watch.