Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DF1 project update

http://www.reddit.com/r/Darkfall/comments/3c15bl/dfo_return_licensing_update/

Av seems really interested in licensing the game.

If you read this message and you truly loved this game or you are simply interested and you have some skills in programming, network code or art both 2d and 3d, please help these guys.

They are doing a great job to bring back this game and make it a true sandbox not just a pvp arena grindfest. Darkfall can reach its true potential with a dedicated development team, fix and updates.

This is the last chance we have so if you are truly motivated dont't waste time, contatc them and support this project.
Mmorpg market is in very bad shame lately and need games like this, in a sea of sad clone korean themeparks and crappy wow rip-offs this is fresh air.

Comments

• DAS1337DAS1337 Member UncommonPosts: 2,610

^^^

How many times do they have to remake this crappy game? 

• BraindomeBraindome Member UncommonPosts: 959

Again with this?

This whole fiasco is a great example of why this type of game has failed and why it cannot succeed, cause these type of players just cannot agree on anything, complain about everything and then blame developers for their bad decisions as consumers.

I swear for such a hardcore fanbase their fans sure are a bunch of cry babies. At this point I actually feel sorry for AV and if I was them I would want to drop my entire community and actually make a themepark.

• ClaiesClaies Member UncommonPosts: 76
    Originally posted by kdchan

They are doing a great job to bring back this game and make it a true sandbox not just a pvp arena grindfest. Darkfall can reach its true potential with a dedicated development team, fix and updates.

So essentially, you are hoping someone will develop a clone of the original Darkfall, but not a clone of Darkfall?

• daarcodaarco Member UncommonPosts: 4,275

Well, if anyone have a better pgame to play...play itimage

Dont sit here and complainimage

• wyldmagikwyldmagik Member UncommonPosts: 516

The devs are not interested in darfkfall,, they already said they will not go back to it and wish to improve on darkfaull unholy wars the 2nd itteration instead as it makes more sense.

There was one guy that started facking about with the source of darkfall and hosting a server and its rumored he wishes to persue this. If this is the same guy and same situation that the OP posted about then goodluck because there is just a handful of wishy washy whiners that want the first game again because they suck at playing the second one and can not do anything unless its macro/cheat worthy for them.

Oh but its the combat it was better! sure it was spam same shit over and over no choice because if you didn't do the same as everyone else you were gank fodder. Let it go ffs and embrace the new.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

I would completely remove pvp before i had any hand at the game.IMO it needed too much work,it was barely a game imo,just a barren world to pvp in.

Then you need a ton of in depth systems ,new races,classes,abilities spells etc etc ,just too much work,cost,time to put into an old failed project.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• BraindomeBraindome Member UncommonPosts: 959
    Originally posted by daarco

Well, if anyone have a better pgame to play...play itimage

Dont sit here and complainimage

I would, if original DF1 losers hadn't voted to wipe old Darkfall in favor of new Darkfall and I lost all my character progression and the game I preferred.

I have the right to have a chip on my shoulder and I was there when the community voted for these changes, so no sympathy from me and I will have nothing to do with a "revival" and others should know of the toxic community that plays this game now and "partly" then. What's lost has been lost for a long time now yet even now these do good know it all consumers still try and change what some people like/d, when they are the ones that complained and ruined it in the first place.

Leave it alone, or at least....good luck getting a license, i'll still talk trash about your community then maybe you can get back some of the grief you gave to AV for years. image

• mgilbrtsnmgilbrtsn Member EpicPosts: 3,430
    Originally posted by Braindome

Again with this?

This whole fiasco is a great example of why this type of game has failed and why it cannot succeed, cause these type of players just cannot agree on anything, complain about everything and then blame developers for their bad decisions as consumers.

I swear for such a hardcore fanbase their fans sure are a bunch of cry babies. At this point I actually feel sorry for AV and if I was them I would want to drop my entire community and actually make a themepark.

By these type of players you mean Gamers?  Because, if you look at the feedback/commentary on any game (carebear, hardcore, pvp, pve, etc), player can't agree on much.

I self identify as a monkey.

• Originally posted by DAS1337
    How many times do they have to remake this crappy game? 

Game is gargeous and big, is the only true engine that can support a siege with 1000+ players in the same zone thanks to an advanced cluster technology.
    Listen here other full mmorpgs with a seamless world and a fps combat (true player skills fps combat with vectors and dots) if you know.
    Fps don't count since they are limited to 64 players per zone.

If you want to trash something just trash Aventurine and their choices not the game per se.

Originally posted by Braindome

Av treat their whole playerbase who support them like shit, not only the toxic part of the community (that indeed exist). I playerd the game for 2 years and see the game die overtime cause the incompetence and lazyness was very painfull.

I can't blame people like you that think the game fail because it was too much hardcore or simply bad made, when the truth is AV don't care and kill it.

Originally posted by Claies
    The devs are not interested in darfkfall,, they already said they will not go back to it and wish to improve on darkfaull unholy wars the 2nd itteration instead as it makes more sense.

They aren't interested because DF1 need a lot of resources and a whole dedicated development team, and since they have left 7 developers and patch UW barely 2 times a year they prefer focus on this game even if is a true crap. They have no choice since they don't have enought money anymore.

Number of player online atm speak the truth, game is a desert and dying because people don't like it. The only thing they can do to survive is turn the game pve and f2p otherwise is not worth 15 usd/month.
    Easy and simple.

Oh but its the combat it was better! sure it was spam same shit over and over no choice because if you didn't do the same as everyone else you were gank fodder. Let it go ffs and embrace the new.

Av is interested in selling the license DF1, Kimoshu already contacted them and is making a new team to support the game thanks to a kickstarter.
    Darkfall finally will become, under a different management, what should have been under Razorwax before they bith with AV and back in Norway.

• Aragon100Aragon100 Member RarePosts: 2,686

Game is gargeous and big, is the only true engine that can support a siege with 1000+ players in the same zone thanks to an advanced cluster technology.
    Listen here other full mmorpgs with a seamless world and a fps combat (true player skills fps combat with vectors and dots) if you know.

+1000 never worked, even +100 had problems with low FPS, players loosing connection or server went down.

I was in those huge sieges and it was a unplayable mess cause of very low or no FPS. You could do something and it took 1 minute for the game to execute what you thought you did, the one you were targeting was long gone.

• [quote]Originally posted by Aragon100
    I was in those huge sieges and it was a unplayable mess cause of very low or no FPS. You could do something and it took 1 minute for the game to execute what you thought you did, the one you were targeting was long gone.[/b][/quote]

dunno, i played since 2009 launch and take part to big sieges in the Hyperion days, and i have yes low fps, but reducing the graphic options and i can played without any issues.

imagine also play the same game today, after 7 years, people have upgraded their rigs so i guess is perfectly possible to play in a huge server with at least 6000+ players (that was the same amount of people back in 2009 launch).

• Pratt2112Pratt2112 Member UncommonPosts: 1,636

[quote]Originally posted by Aragon100
    I was in those huge sieges and it was a unplayable mess cause of very low or no FPS. You could do something and it took 1 minute for the game to execute what you thought you did, the one you were targeting was long gone.[/b][/quote]

dunno, i played since 2009 launch and take part to big sieges in the Hyperion days, and i have yes low fps, but reducing the graphic options and i can played without any issues.

imagine also play the same game today, after 7 years, people have upgraded their rigs so i guess is perfectly possible to play in a huge server with at least 6000+ players (that was the same amount of people back in 2009 launch).

I have no dog in the race regarding DF:UW or what not... but I did enjoy playing the first DF. I liked the races a lot more, and I *loved* the "feel" of the game. Just exploring around was enjoyable to me... and knowing I could be jumped at any moment (and I was lol) kept me from ever getting too cozy.

If DF1 were ever brought back in some capacity, I'd hop in again.

• ParepinParepin Member UncommonPosts: 257

Darkfall 1.0 and AV killed Darkfall Unholy Wars.  Darkfall Unholy Wars should of kept in the direction of being different than its predicessor.

At least the few DF1.0 vets get the game they loved to hate (just to quit again in a few months) while us DFUW players get screwed with a totally borked game ran by a crappy company.

People quit DFUW when they started aligning it with DF1.0... that has to say something.